Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

SW Lego the Essential Book Collection

I saw this too at Walmart. I didnt buy it. But it comes with, what I assume, a mini polybag X-wing. Im curious to see the Excerpted Dictionary.

It is about the same size as Character Encyclopedia. But half of the book is to accommodate the X-wing.

20110925222653.jpg

20110925222710.jpg

I would say, 'meh', to this...

But look at the price! $11.97 is already well below MSRP for the Visual Dictionary, plus you have the X-wing, which I believe retails for $4.99 if you find it.

Nice find.

But look at the price! $11.97 is already well below MSRP for the Visual Dictionary, plus you have the X-wing, which I believe retails for $4.99 if you find it.

Nice find.

Yes but the key component is the tiny text "excerpted edition" next to the Visual Dictionary. So it is not a complete Dictionary. Merely an abridged version. I much prefer my complete edition Dictionary.

Yes but the key component is the tiny text "excerpted edition" next to the Visual Dictionary. So it is not a complete Dictionary. Merely an abridged version. I much prefer my complete edition Dictionary.

Oh. :sceptic: So no Celebration Luke in there, either?

Oh. :sceptic: So no Celebration Luke in there, either?

Nope. The book is small, like how small the Character Encyclopedia is compared to the normal Dictionary.

Nope. The book is small, like how small the Character Encyclopedia is compared to the normal Dictionary.

:hmpf_bad: Meh.

Looks like something that one might buy a KFOL for a Christmas gift. I can't imagine an AFOL getting this when the dictionary is not complete and no minifigure. The publisher looks to be really milking this.

Looks like something that one might buy a KFOL for a Christmas gift. I can't imagine an AFOL getting this when the dictionary is not complete and no minifigure. The publisher looks to be really milking this.

They learn from their Master, George Lucas haha.

I saw these today at Walmart. That Visual Dictionary is really slim. There were quite a few on the shelf I might add.

I saw these today at Walmart. That Visual Dictionary is really slim. There were quite a few on the shelf I might add.

Yep. It is an "excerpted edition" aka abridged. So it is probably highlights of the real Visual Dictionary.