I spy my lil eye on a cracked U joint :tongue:

Jokes aside, thats an awesome model so far! Steering angle seems very high, over 35°?

I hope the 12 tooth diff gears will hold, even though you have 3 (or is it 4?) x gear ratio after them.... By the way where are diff locks? Dont you know diffs are EVIL :devil:

Edited by Zblj

It is a 4 to 1 planetary in the rim and there are 4 bevel gears in the diff. I will se how much torque the diffs can take before something is cracking. And diffs are not evil, loosing ground contact is evil.

The steering angle on the front axle is roundabout between 35 and 40 degrees

I spy my lil eye on a cracked U joint :tongue:

Jokes aside, thats an awesome model so far! Steering angle seems very high, over 35°?

I hope the 12 tooth diff gears will hold, even though you have 3 (or is it 4?) x gear ratio after them.... By the way where are diff locks? Dont you know diffs are EVIL :devil:

Cracked U joints, I put small rubber O rings on my U joint collars it stops them cracking but allows enough flex to push on an axle.

the large driveshafts are arrived

22011967064_389e41eed8_c.jpg

the slide works perfectly, unfortunately the printed balls are to small and my two pieces 2907 sliding off the crossaxles

Edited by efferman

So sad that this is happening, i think you could try to put some springs inside the driveshafts to pull the balls and avoid the sliding off; but despite that, it seems very nice.

this is exactly what i have done, fortunately the springs of the large shock absorbers are fit inside, but unfortunately this results in a lot of friction. And you see in the video that the 4 xl are nearly stalled in some situations

Effe how much IR receivers do you use? 4? One for each motor? I see only one on the cab...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

One receiver which powers a servo, which switches two pole reverser, wich are powering the 4 xl. Steering works with a pf L.

Effe sorry for asking, but I don't know if I understand well... :D

So that IRR on the cab powers steering motor... You use pole reverser... And you use only this ONE IRR for 1 steering LM + 4 XLM ? If yes it would not be good because 1 IRR can not feed 4 XLM...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

What about if you put something inside the balls hole, like a piece of paper or something to tighten them to the axles, and also, have you tried to put one BB for each motor?, of course, if you have enough BBs.

I use one lipo for two xl and a third lipo for the receiver. Sure, more amps result in more torque, but killing the friction is first to do.

like this?

22641726386_b9a31f2d62_z.jpg

to large

edit:

after some dissassembling i know what was the reason for the most friction

22683988091_fdbe0655e0_c.jpg

Someone has put a nylon washer between diff and 5x7 frame to avoid the juimp over the 20 tooth doublebevel gear. My 4 bevel gear diff has this washer in the mold. and this washer surface has made the friction. some grinding and it works much better now

Edited by efferman

Those driveshafts are perfect! I have a project in mind that could use those, I hope you manage to fix their problems. Quite the price tag though!

The weight before the flatbed was 3,6 kg.

The reduction in the wheels is 4:1 and in complete roundabout 11:1

Nice big heavy monster... Hmm yes... it's a pity that drivetrain is overloaded... nice solution with big driveshafts... but plastic will be always plastic not metal... If you want to add more power you could add 2 additional XL Motors to another point in drivetrain but it will not be so realistic...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

there is no plastic killed. on every axle i have a 12:20 combination which seems to jump over when the load is to high.