Effe and TheItalianBrick the steering with small LAs is quite powerful but little bit to slow... Or you gear it up to make it faster?

Max...

I think it's perfect! I don't like the effect of the servo motor becuase it returns to the centre...remember trucks are slow anyway..so there is plenty of time to steer! Also it's nice to control the angle of steer little by little when you are driving offroad or trying to clibm some obstacles....it makes it more real! Example: at home I place some little obstacles and then with the 8X8 i go over them..sometimes I stop on them, steer the wheels a bit to see how the leafsprings react...then drive forward.....etc etc....with a servo motor would be simply impossible! Anyway I do use a different solution also: a worm gear rotated by the M or L motor, and the lever connected to the warm gear. This gives precise steering angles.

Will show soon.

Great "new" steering concept. It really gives a lot of room to the steering system and I think it won't be much effected by the movement of the suspension. Which is always a challenge IMHO... :classic:

Why did you choose this concept?

I did not read it all to be honest, will this be the "hooded" Merc?

Rear fenders are amazing! :thumbup: Maybe a little less "sand paper" looks would be nice :wink: but nevertheless great part!!! Maybe I try them some day... Would there be a way to polish them?

Hi Ingmar. the "new" steering concept is near real truck steering systems and i have used them long ago on a not finished moc. Now i use it with a printed part which gives me the possibility of ackermann and a pivot point inside of the wheel. I know that it is possible with pure lego, but with the printed part it is more solid. I use this steering system because it gives more room inside of the frame of the hooded Arocs.

steering1.jpg_thumb.jpg

to polish the fenders has to be very carefully because the black colour is only a coating which gos not really deep.

Yes it is indeed like the real steering system used on trucks. Clever design, also the one with genuine LEGO parts... You know I do not "hate" custom parts though... :classic: Nice to have a turning steering wheel as well, really lovely...

Well I am looking forward to see that hooded Arocs finished some day, keep it up!

About the fender, I see, so better not to polish them at all! This coating, could that not have a more polished look? Or do you prefer this sand paper look... :wink:

Hello Effe! That looks cool... The fenders nicee... and streering system is yes, like on real trucks placed in the inner side... TLG should definitely do something with steering and wheel hubs and wheels to move pivot point to wheel center as possible...

Max...

ingmar, maybe the word impregnated would fit better. it doesnt change the quality of surface.

ingmar, maybe the word impregnated would fit better. it doesnt change the quality of surface.

Okay, now I see, it is just the way they are...well no worries, they still are very likable!!!

new project which has till november the 4th to be a running chassis

22505710002_05fac09182_c.jpg

21897968973_4f98b7658d_c.jpg

22519157375_b2d01ab186_c.jpg

22530301131_a022300349_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

I like the suspension! It is really shocking! (pun intended) :blush: How are you going to like the drive shaft? Let me guess it is a trail truck

The driveshaft is actually on shapeways and works with the part 2907. in these set i have made replacement parts for 2907 because the get rare and i have not enough for the four driveshafts.

625x465_3963472_12641471_1445881751.jpg

So, the frontaxles are done too. Purists will kill me, but i have drilled two 12 tooth doublebevel gears to get the driveshaft trough it.

22356592790_c53e6d5e49_c.jpg

21921786184_864babea95_c.jpg

22518559566_6b6b1ef7d9_c.jpg

22357727699_583593c5d6_c.jpg

i have drilled two 12 tooth doublebevel gears to get the driveshaft trough it.

What did you say :devil: :devil: Haha just kidding! Looking like this thing when done will be a beast :thumbup: