efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

Recommended Posts

On 1/14/2020 at 3:10 AM, efferman said:

Finally all functions are together in one Video. Most of them are working in a proper Way, only 1.5- 1.7 rpm in rotation seem finally a little bit fast..

 

I am completely astounded at the complexity of this MOC! Well done, this is an amazing achievement. While the unfolding operation may be a complicated process, I’m sure that is true to real life as well. In my opinion, 400g lifting capacity is more than enough - the main event for me is the unfolding, and the lifting/slewing capacity is plenty for playability. The performance is really stunning with all of the complex geometry and linkages.
 

From the Flickr photos, it looks like there’s an LXF for this model. Will you be releasing it? I’d love to incorporate some of your solutions into future models of mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 10:58 PM, Pattspatt said:

I am completely astounded at the complexity of this MOC! Well done, this is an amazing achievement. While the unfolding operation may be a complicated process, I’m sure that is true to real life as well. In my opinion, 400g lifting capacity is more than enough - the main event for me is the unfolding, and the lifting/slewing capacity is plenty for playability. The performance is really stunning with all of the complex geometry and linkages.
 

From the Flickr photos, it looks like there’s an LXF for this model. Will you be releasing it? I’d love to incorporate some of your solutions into future models of mine. 

There are some stud.io files, but they are far away from showing the actual status. The rope routing is missing too.

https://bricksafe.com/pages/efferman/schnelleinsatzkran

Edited by efferman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, efferman said:

There are some stud.io files, but they are far away from showing the actual status.

Fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, efferman said:

Guess which cab i want to build.

50527608531_066c83a3ec_c.jpg

Looking a bit like a MAN tgs truck. Is it a 8x8? Or a 8x4? (Just saw the driveshaft, so it’s a 8x8) Looking good so far!

Edited by legotechnicus
Saw the answer to my own question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MAN truck is such a delight to drive in real life.. Glad to see more MAN trucks being moc'ed! 

If you're taking any suggestions, i'd love to see the adjustable suspension on a MAN truck. 
(If parked on a hill, you can straighten the body so u don't have to push pallets in a hill.)

Edited by Mechbuilds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not on this truck, and on other trucks it is maybe a bit unneccessary overcomplicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was an honor for me to rebuild and change things on Effe's Rotator. When my TGX was finished i had the idea to combine it with the rotator.

Now i have my own rotator an during the inspection of Effe's Scania i made the digital version,m so Effe could create something new with my knowledge of the test drives.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, this was very helpfull. And much better than making models for a big company and couldnt talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Easy Thing is done, the hard part on the flaps is still to do.

50532594222_9ea491cc50_c.jpg

edit:

easier than thought.

50532622341_2dcdb740e3_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Door is too short. It must be 9 Studs long.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lower part of the cab looks so good!

The grill however could be smoother.. maybe wait for the black 3x7 panel in in the new grave digger model? The 3L half stud liftarms should be attachable to get the 8 stud wide front :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HUWI said:

The Door is too short. It must be 9 Studs long.

 

With 9 studs it would be to long. On the 2021 tgs it stops before the middle of the tire.

4 minutes ago, Jundis said:

The lower part of the cab looks so good!

The grill however could be smoother.. maybe wait for the black 3x7 panel in in the new grave digger model? The 3L half stud liftarms should be attachable to get the 8 stud wide front :-)

7 studs are unfortunately to long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Oh man... basic math ... my nemesis... :D

Actually math is everything when building representative MOC; starting with tire overall diameter...

Michael, I see  great TGS on its way :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Actually math is everything when building representative MOC; starting with tire overall diameter...

Michael, I see  great TGS on its way :thumbup:

Thanks, but iam not satisfied yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, efferman said:

Thanks, but iam not satisfied yet

I know the feeling... optimization is not an easy game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe i am late at the party...

Version 2 is better IMO.

What i do not like (and i test it already on my own model) is the red fenders.

The TGS has a flat lateral surface.

Not sure it is the good choice for this one.

S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.