Looks like with TLG swashplate, not with your own, improved swashplate?  

Something with 6 blades, in the Sea Stallion family would be awesome.  

2 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

TLG

Jep, i try always first without printed parts.

And yes, it will be something in the CH-53 Family. Maybe the skycrane

2 hours ago, efferman said:

And yes, it will be something in the CH-53 Family. Maybe the skycrane

Looking forward to it!

Oh goodness,  That would be amazing.  Not too much IMO.  Perfect for like a Super Stallion or something.  Very cool.  

Btw... I have finished up to pg 127of your V1 improvements on rebrickable.  I must say, just excellent work.  The cyclic and collective controls are much improved over the original.  I suppose this this is a "pimp your Airbus" or something, it is no small modification.  There is much more movement for the collective than the original.  Which I think is a huge plus.  

Also, I got my shapeways order.  The swashplate, like others have said, with enough force, snapped together perfectly and works great.  Same with the 3L towball connectors.  Work great.  

However, for the gears that I bought I cannot fit an axle through them.  I will try with more force, but I will need a tool in order to do it.  The blade connectors, on the pin side only fit in a pinhole with tons of force.  And then they have no movement in the pinhole at all, which kinda nullifies their function.  

8 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

And then they have no movement in the pinhole at all, which kinda nullifies their function. 

can you please make a picture to avoid a misunderstanding?

16 hours ago, efferman said:

@steph77 @nerdsforprez

Am i going to far with this?

If you build the same with 5 blades i will purchaise it instantly :)

This design is the logical complement to the swashplate you designed.

About this last one, i am also building something new :wink:

But i need some time to understand this part in deep.

As a brand new one, it has clear advantages but also some couterbalanced contraints and i need time.

Another thing, i found a way to lower the rotor of the airbus by using a flip/flop beam as main mast. It alow to have a connection with the mini-turnatable of only 2 studs high. and thus to lower the swashplate by one more stud.

S.

2 minutes ago, steph77 said:

If you build the same with 5 blades i will purchaise it instantly :)

please let me test it first. the 7 Blade costs roundabout 50€

12 hours ago, efferman said:

can you please make a picture to avoid a misunderstanding?

Perhaps I can try when I am home this evening.  However, I think I fixed the problem.  A little sanding and it is more moveable in the pinhole....

On 8/18/2022 at 10:56 AM, efferman said:

Now, while the airbus is done, Iam into something "bigger"

52294244268_8007e35699_c.jpg

BTW... how is your "bigger" build coming along? 

23 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

BTW... how is your "bigger" build coming along

School and CAD is actually more important. This weekend maybe  there will be some progress.

Edited by efferman

The 7 Blade rotorhead is integrated in the model. Maybe there will be possible to use the 3L Pushrods. Then the setup will be very flat.

52327117470_9333bce34d_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Wow... that 7 blade set up is something else. I  would love to see this come to life as well, and would definitely buy this.  Couple of questions and comments.  

I don't know about Super Stallion-family, but I have been around plenty of Chinook birds and the pitch is not too much.  IMO the pitch in this is not too much either.  

In the file you shared, as well as the picture about, of the 4 connecting points for the swashplate (lower half) three tow-ball attachments are the same design but the fourth is different. Is there a reason for this?  Also, what do you recommend as a good connecting point?  I thought I steering arm would do it (like you have connected to the front part in the picture above) but the tow-ball attachment point comes from below, not from the above like the other three and would collide with the steering arm.  If it is necessary to different from the other attachment points what do you recommend as an attachment element?  

Also, I tried connecting the swashplate with the 3L pin with center pin hole (like you have in the .io file).  It is not even close. I think the only thing we can use to connect to the tow-balls are the steering arms.  

16 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

but the fourth is different.

The fourth is different because on the rear side the turntable drive is located and vertical steering arms probably doesnt' have enough Space. So I chosed the Vertical orientation. So you can use any type of the available steering arms. Or you can, like me, build the arms on the side in a way which locks the swivel of the lower part. So an extra swivel lock wouldn't be neccessary.

edit:

52333142336_d725a3c629_c.jpg

Edit²

52333601339_f6229fcc3a_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Hmmm... I actually think I like the other one better.  The second seems more robust, but perhaps too big.   It seems the scale dwarfs the rotors.  This one: 

On 9/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, efferman said:

52333601339_f6229fcc3a_c.jpg

Edited 22 hours ago by efferman

seems more accurate.  

That is one awesome, huge rotor, its gonna need quite a bit of power to work it.  You planning on using two motors to power it?  

On 9/5/2022 at 4:44 PM, nerdsforprez said:

You planning on using two motors to power it?  

maybe

btw, the new head is arrived and works like a charm. The material is PA12 in a multi jet fusion print looks good, but the versatile plastic in SLS is much more solid. One of the towballs is broken.

52347130841_5237d10fd0_c.jpg

52347377078_5f900de852_c.jpg

This weekend i will make the 5 blade version of the flat rotorhead.

edit: the 5 blade is available at shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/product/EHWVBDXJB/flat-5-blade-rotorhead

Edited by efferman