Sounds plausible. The Liebherr L1 makes 0.5/0.8 rpm, so i should end between this and 2rpm in max.

Why not include a selector to choose between "realistic mode" and "play mode"? The former maybe 2 rpm max and the latter e.g. three times as much.

3 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Why not include a selector to choose between "realistic mode" and "play mode"?

A gearbox needs a lot of space and i guess a highspeed mode would raise the risk of tipping over.

Finally all functions are together in one Video. Most of them are working in a proper Way, only 1.5- 1.7 rpm in rotation seem finally a little bit fast..

The winch itself can handle 3 Batteryboxes including their batteries. The sled has problems with this weight to move. Another point to improve.

The Sled is now working properly with 3 Batteryboxes. Next Problem is the outriggerbase. Under Load it is leaning to the Side.

The white Towers representing the ballast weight which is mounted permanent on the Model. They are filled with roundabout 630 g 6mm Steelballs. Together with the Batterybox this is more than 800g Counterweight. Enough for light duty and on top is space for more.

49429748202_30b412ccaa_c.jpg

schnelleinsatzkran 2 by Michael Wirth, auf Flickr

On 1/27/2020 at 12:41 AM, virgule972 said:

Everyday I can see the real model at my work ?9FEC6A2A-E405-40DA-8AA1-9B53D7C48149.jpeg.c30586e916ba34c4999d46292c48386a.jpeg

« Bon appétit »

Not something I have seen before is the crane self propelled or towed and who makes them kind regards matt 

The Rolling chassis is now complete. The Trailer axles are suspended.

49459429706_af76e1ff04_c.jpg

49458955643_04b293dc89_c.jpg[

49459660752_ec1ef8c222_c.jpg

49458955508_9836a2948e_c.jpg

49458955433_b448317d5e_c.jpg

49459429106_b504bc8a91_c.jpg

edit:

Trailer for counterweights when Crane is upright.

49459887302_3624c16976_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Great work @efferman! Having previously tried to build a self erecting tower crane, I can understand how difficult this project must have been.

16 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Not something I have seen before is the crane self propelled or towed and who makes them kind regards matt 

Pretty sure that's a liebherr mk140/110/100. The company appears to be mediaco from France.

Edited by Beck

17 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

This particular folding tower crane is self propelled, but there are towed versions. A number of companies do make them, including Liebherr and Spierings. Google Self Erecting Tower Crane, and that should give you more info.

A mediaco crane

A very strange self-supporting crane, because the mast stands vertically.  

I will try to take photos when it is in operation.

Edited by virgule972

The Basic Counterweight is done and should be enough to rise the Crane. Maximum hook height is actually  at 95cm and the Boom is 126cm long

49473171046_cbb2ea7a0e_c.jpg

49473391342_742a0fa3e3_c.jpg

Test 10 of my self Raising Crane. Unfortunately the Base counterweight is not enough for rotating with the transport chassis on the hook. And i have discovered a small problem with rope suspension of the boom.

Edited by efferman

Test 11 and the stability problems seem to be solved. A new upper collumn and a quarterpiece turntable with 1x1 round tiles between the two parts working finally

It's awesome Michael! How far away from the tower have you tested it? Does it threaten to tip over?

Hi Michael

Will you be attending/showing any of your models at "Modelshow Europe" in Ede, Netherlands on March 21st this year as I would love to finally see your work with my own eyes.

Thanks

Chip