I know that is why my Unimog is 1:15 and not 1:16.5 like your modelsĀ :wink: but still struggling with proper tire / wheel idea for that scale...

Honestly my goal (one day is to make TGS hook loader truck 6 X 2; I see it every day (model with cab color like set 42069), but whatever you decide I would like. I suppose that yellow mudguards will be dark bluish gray on physical model. This one is very nice baseĀ :thumbup:

I'm not trying...I have images on my phone that you post month ago and it is the same cab...:wink:

1 hour ago, efferman said:

i have to finish it till november 15th. It will become a hooklift

:sweet:

I thought that you will use linear actuator, but gear rack has longer "travelling"...half a year ago I have made with big linear actuator and at the top small actuator for tilting...

Little late for the party, but you can always try this for a 4 studs steering wheel.

4%20studs%20steering%20wheel.png

Edited by pagicence

This is not looking like real steering wheel but has 4 studs diameter ?

Edited by I_Igor

Today I had a chance to talk to an old friend who works as car and truck parts salesman and he gave me following info:

Car steering wheels are 340-380 mm

Tractors (modern like JCB Fastrac or Syn-trac...) have 380-420 mm steering wheel

Trucks (Daf, Mercedes, M.A.N. Scania, Volvo...mostly European trucks) have 570-600mm steering wheel.

Info is from his official parts catalog.Ā 

I hope that this post could be useful for someone in future. Sorry MichaelĀ if I have misused your topic for something what you already know

Rolling chassis, hopefully all missing parts arriving till next weekend. in two weeks is the next convention.

45715243301_1d03d5e4d9_c.jpg

45715245391_3e2854c791_c.jpg

At least this is more interesting than what we know about 2019 sets so far. I know what you are up to...I'm waiting several months for some modified plates to make fuel tank... Chassis looks very sturdyĀ :thumbup:

Great to see the progress and hope the Lego company is inspired by your printed components.

Just one minor remark: belly shot, look at the connection of theĀ 2 uni-joints, 1 needs to be rotated on the axle for a smoother drive train.

Edited by emielroumen
Typo

From latest chassis images it looks (to me) that you use shocks on front axle like on first versions of 8860 set (box image)

8860-1.png

Ā ?

Edited by I_Igor

That you use just springs and not complete Lego stock absorber assembly on front axle