I see that it is starting to take shape but IMHO steering wheel is to bih. Accourding to my informativni steering wheels are some 400mm in diameter; so in 1:16.5 scale that you use steering wheel should be some 3.2 studs in diameter ??

Edited by I_Igor

2 minutes ago, efferman said:

Like my 4 studs steering wheel at shapeways. Simply not ordered yet

Yes that would be best solution, but on LEGO side there is no solution (jet)...that is one of reason that I prefer smaller scale mocs to use smaller steering wheel from Mack anthem on my mocs

Today is more to see.

42203092035_552d7b2a86_c.jpg

42203093005_2dcc2cc546_c.jpg

42203093275_82dbafb894_c.jpg

42203094075_cba414ce63_c.jpg

42203094845_2d4aa3c1cb_c.jpg

42203096045_2196b06a87_c.jpg

42203096395_b820c1f6bc_c.jpg

42203096645_2810ba3605_c.jpg

42203097295_329b040ebe_c.jpg

Now it is to decide which chassis it has to get

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Quite nice as usual, is that a custom brick head?

Yes, it is my version of Dr.brickhead

from memory ( I have lost my LDD file ) @Ingmar Spijkhoven turntable height is either seven or eight studs from the axle center, the mack granite by Grego18 which uses your turntable and rear axle set is eight, Its hard to tell, until you actually hook a trailer up, on a flat surface I think it will be fine.

I for one am certainly looking forward to this being finished ( and hopefully like your K100 instructions as well )

I think they are a lot higher. my fith wheel top is only one stud above the tire.

hardly improvised, but the gaps are closed

43198200291_f191c3d20b_c.jpg

@efferman, since you are building a tractor truck unit, have you consider to build a long line cabin. Something like this:

bb0efebbf7d0b905071d5821c691d210--semi-t

This would be something different and it would stand out. I found one on youtube built entirely of technic, but there is no cabin built out of system pieces.

Even a simple 4x2 Tractor unit seems to be quite rare in technic or scale Lego.

Theoretical the cab is modular and a mod like this should not be a problem. But what should i do with all the space in this sleeper?

1 hour ago, efferman said:

Even a simple 4x2 Tractor unit seems to be quite rare in technic or scale Lego.

Theoretical the cab is modular and a mod like this should not be a problem. But what should i do with all the space in this sleeper?

Maybe you could put some RC Motors and a Sbrick or Buwizz inside the sleeper area to gain some power, just kidding, actually it is looking really nice already, a sleeper area would look pretty cool with a detailed interior, by the way, have you ever thought about making a 8x8 version? i would love to see an 8x8 tractor or hookloader version, maybe with a crew cab, something like this:

scania_r730.jpg

8x8?  A driven steering axle needs a lot of space to turn the wheel. This would kill the front fenders. An 8x4? Why not

8 hours ago, efferman said:

8x8?  A driven steering axle needs a lot of space to turn the wheel. This would kill the front fenders. An 8x4? Why not

Well, that sounds really cool too, it could be a tractor + knuckle boom crane version, i will see if can make a military-like version of this truck in LDD using your cab, i have always had in mind a truck like this one, and the way you make the body of your models is just perfect for it, and maybe i might have luck a be able to design some driven and steered axles for suck small scale.

This week end i had a lot positiv feedback about the tractor unit, so i will finalize it. What do you think about the bodywork?

43248579662_21614e5c7f_c.jpg

29429444398_50c979004b_c.jpg