@Milan

Yes, only the roof and some minor improvements in stability of the front. To make it to a sleeper i have to increase the length behind the doors. This point is still the daycab from the Dino

Edited by efferman

17 hours ago, efferman said:

@Milan

Yes, only the roof and some minor improvements in stability of the front. To make it to a sleeper i have to increase the length behind the doors. This point is still the daycab from the Dino

Oh, my bad, I thought it is a bit longer, and that you are aiming at the sleeper version, like this, marked one:

30aqqde.jpg

If it is a Day cab, then your first cabine with low roof (before the one posted on this page) is closer to the daycab.

@Milan the daycab was for the suction excavator. The marked cab is for something different and will be 1 or two studs longer.

I like the black front grille and white bumper and fenders.

But this high roof for a day cab does not exist, so I prefer the original one, unless you make the cab longer as Milan stated.

How firmly are you set on the old Scania cab? If you like Scania trucks, there is a new generation out there so why don't you try building that one? To kind update your truck, keep it modern and good looking (although there is a very small difference between the two, only the lines are updated and modernized). Maybe something like this:

17-31%20L-series%205_popup.jpg

29620001650_72b50fbbfb_b.jpg

Just a thought.

The old series looks better and sorry, the low entry version is shocking me every time when i see it. Ugly as Hell

second prototype for the hooklift The ouitrigger parts should work as replacement  for the printed parts, Even when the neccessary romm will increase

Honestly I do not know what to complain about, it look really nice. Pitty that my mocs are 1:15 or 1:18 scale so I can not borrow your design :sceptic: just can be used as inspiration

Question: those 1x2 and 2x2 curved panels that you have on the side above the door and on the back of the cabin, have you tried using them on the front above the sun shield instead of 1x1 and 1x2 flat slopes?

Edited by pagicence

is the steering wheel at the wrong spot???  just kidding!!  looks great!!!  There is an american company called peterbilt http://www.peterbilt.com/ and Idk if you have done any models based from this company.. they got some cool trucks!! 

@pagicence, the upper row of cheesecakes has a half stud offset to the lower one. with the curved slopes i would have two holes in the front roof.

@sirslayer, i love the 359

edit:

Cab Parts ordered: 1757 parts for 174 euro excluding shipping

Edited by efferman

On 6/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, efferman said:

the suction excavator was at 950€

But it has lots on non-LEGO parts, or am I wrong?

40 minutes ago, efferman said:

Its getting real.

Even passenger is excited :wink:

jeah, roundabout 120 euros in printed pieces. more or les 50 euro more than a brickbuild solution

it goes on

43072301291_262124b869_c.jpg

17 hours ago, efferman said:

jeah, roundabout 120 euros in printed pieces. more or les 50 euro more than a brickbuild solution

it goes on

It looks good, but I'll wait to see more

20 hours ago, efferman said:

it goes on

Yeah, and Dr. Brick is overseeing work... don't let him make you nervous :wink: