How does the Ackerman geometry in de front axle work with the gear rack? The gear rack would go out of parallel as you steer, but I don’t see any room for that...?

14 hours ago, efferman said:

it needs  not more space than a standard paralell linkage

I know. But I’m referring to the fact that with the Ackerman geometry the gear rack won’t stay parallel, so I’m wondering how that would mesh with the gear driving it.  Unless it’s not a rack&pinion, but then I wonder why you used a gear rack. 

This concept is in my use since years and i have no flaws if there is only one Doublebevel gear in use.

The Axle in the front is solid. The suspension on the rear axles is only for traction.

edit: Axles and Ral 7012 Basaltgrau coloured mudguards

28141590048_54a1746961_c.jpg

28141590398_eec62019f8_c.jpg

28141590828_9fcddbee23_c.jpg

The hard part of hose routing is done
41117642925_9d710f7dda_c.jpg

41973038912_b7a254b7cc_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

I really like your solution to rear mudguards. :blush:I'm steal waiting for black arches to arrive for my moc :sad:

Unfortunately not cheap, but brickbuilt they would be out of proportions.

The Lower part is done by 95%  Maybe one or two position lights and wheel chocks

42055808231_cbcc880567_c.jpg

42055808441_82b5a99266_c.jpg

42055808951_6d99874d2c_c.jpg

42055809131_80ddf26983_c.jpg

I know it is not cheap, and that is why I have made decision eventually to buy 3rd party tires. I like your chassis solution, it looks sturdy

wow!! that is bad megablocks!!!  and what is it?? metallic blue parts look great!!  

Well, it is a replica of a Suction Excavator here are two videos which explain what it does

Is it normal for a truck to have rear suspension but not front suspension?  Or did I miss suspension components on the front axle? 

3 hours ago, aminnich said:

Is it normal for a truck to have rear suspension but not front suspension?  Or did I miss suspension components on the front axle? 

Due to the complex build efferman removed it and to be honest I have done the same on a couple of builds as its one less hassle

But in reality most trucks do have a suspension system front and rear 

The Mudguards in front are to tight to work safe with the slack of a suspension. So i have skiped it

That R530 is one of the nicest Lego trucks I have ever seen.
I have seen curved panels on the side of the truck used like that, but not implemented as good as you did here. Well done, really.

Thank you very much. The front corners were the hardest point on the cab and had need many hours to get this look.

1 hour ago, efferman said:

a new project for in between [...]

Is that the mechanism for a roll-on container truck? Nice idea of decoupling the extension from the tilting mechanism. Curious to see the result of this project. Will it be Arocs scale or smaller?