Hi @efferman,

I really like your HX80 :thumbup:

And the combination with your heavy duty moduls is a perfect match. The video with the on board camera is pretty cool - although I would like to see the whole train from some distance. Did you try to back up into a parking space ? *huh* Must be challenging :laugh:

Regards

Leonard Goldstein

For me not possible with sbrick. In two weeks i will show pictures with a full 4 module setup

37479993634_d7b1671876_c.jpg

Pretty cool model Michael, but I have to share my thoughts - I would like to see one in tan color or in white. Somehow mentioned colors are more suitable for this masterpiece.

BTW, Michael you know that I'm spoil-sport :laugh:

Somehow black and red in combo are not what I've expected, or simply military version on image that you posted looks better in my eyes

Hi Effe, i really like that M.A.N, those functions are really cool, would be nice to see a more off-road capable trailer, like a tank transporter or something like that, BTW, is that the same color selection of Mammoet?

lkw_man_kat2_mammoet01_02.jpg

That rig looks badass! I really like the double winch system, finally not a crane on a truck. :tongue: Clever system for the trailer too, they indeed build a nice combo.

The truck not only looks massive, but also the performance looks to be Mammoth-ish. I am curious about a pulling test video, knowing Efferman's work, I am pretty sure we will see one soon. :classic:

Great MOCs!

If you continue building such toys, you will have plastic servants all around you. so you'll end-up in a armchair with number of remote controls...

Seriously,  your M.A.N. is driving really good on video :thumbup:

On 29-10-2017 at 3:12 PM, efferman said:

37958960496_e27cc5c57f_c.jpg

On 1-11-2017 at 6:01 PM, efferman said:

We have the same opinion so i have made a dual winch with mechanical free run for pulling out the rope

38039619016_b0e4f8fdc3_c.jpg

Really nice looking truck, @efferman. I'm curious about two things:

- I don't fully understand how the mechanism works for locking and releasing your winches. The 24z gear slides to the right guided by the suspension arm, but does it then disengages from a worm wheel? Is the yellow axle driving the winch drum? Do you disengage manually (I guess by moving the two red levers apart) or is this an automated function?

- Secondly, I wonder about your 3D printed differential. Why wasn't the Lego differential used, is it because you need the extra 12z gear to transmit the power of the motors?

There are the 24z and a 20z on the same axle. The 24z connects to a worm and the 20z to a 12z. When the lever is pushed, both gears are disconnected from there counterparts and the winch is running free.

the fourth 12z Bevel gear ads a lot of strength to the diff. A big advantage in crawling and pulling trailers.

edit:

wanted to upgrade Version 2 of the trailers to version 3, and what is happened? Version 4

37623804494_9ebf745a71_c.jpg

37623805384_4e33aae311_c.jpg

hopefully the upgrade from 3 to four ends not into mk5

Edited by efferman

Fortunately four technical identical modules. Technical improvements successfull avoided :D

37643811504_1252498b73_c.jpg

edit

38330848122_b3357d610a_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Wow! Am I correct in saying that you have used 80 wheels in total? How is the steering connected from the rear set of trailers to the front set of trailers? I'm guessing a linkage that is not in the picture.

Yes, 80 tires and yes it is a linkage system wich does the connection between the two steering systems

Have you driven the trailers while carrying a load? I built a low loading trailer with steering rear axles once, but the linkages in that trailer didn't move smoothly anymore when it bended slightly under load.

The truck doesn't even hesitate pulling that. Dang! 

I would say test the limit of the pulling strength of the truck, but I don't want you to break something. 

Really impressed, but that is not unexpected coming for you! 

Edited by aminnich

A very Big Convention is done and my trailers had a lot to do. Especially in the last half Hour of three days

edit:

the 9axle version

26768889409_e0ce73dd72_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

@brickless_kiwi my english seems to be out of order

4364 parts

38566026291_a4dc32defe_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

1 hour ago, efferman said:

@brickless_kiwi my english seems to be out of order

4364 parts

Micha with such number of parts it could have been flagtrailer (not flagship) of the convention. "Towing" is impressive indeed :thumbup: