So only one axle has a gear rack or some other method to steer an axle and the rest also get steered using the axle connections shown in the underside picture? 

That is really interesting, thanks for sharing!

That could be interesting, to see how to make light and sturdy construction (probably with bunch of panels :wink:)

17 hours ago, efferman said:

on the convention this weekend we talked about havy duty modules and here is a small sketch

Interesting idea, I have been contemplating building a mobile dockside crane which would have a multi wheel under carriage similar to your HD trailer.
I was thinking of using the small 28Z turnatbles for each wheel with steering via worm drive, but a lever & reach rod system looks less complicated.

How secure would the axles be in the various connectors under tension ?

Each axle in your set up appears to turn a different amount which OK if being used as a trailer, for mobile crane need all wheels to turn together in unison.
Several cranes of this type are at work at the Port of Tyne near where I live and also are built in the NE England by Liebherr.

For a Dogwalk it is neccessary to have on all wheels the same steering angle, but when it should have a good turning circle the ackermann geometry is neccessary. How stable the steering system is will only show a test under load.

27 minutes ago, efferman said:

No Panels, but 5x7 frames.

So I suppose that you will use it as transporting platform for some container ore something like it?

9 minutes ago, efferman said:

For heavy or large things

It makes sense (but don't drive Technic Inspector around) :thumbup:

Coupling back on back works, even when i have still not enough tires

37743485876_5795ac05c5_c.jpg

37743485616_4c471795c0_c.jpg

37082611004_dcb5598c13_c.jpg

37743485286_c63c2e4dbd_c.jpg

edit: small video of the wide coupling

Edited by efferman

Could not be better to use 49.5 tires (they are relatively small diameter and have street pattern)?

Efferman I love you. I've been waiting for someone to build a scheuerle-style Technic trailer for years and you deliver <3 Is there any chance you'd do reverse building instructions for this?

On 10/19/2017 at 9:16 PM, efferman said:

The 49ers have one big problem. No circular hole on center

I see

I am always amazed Mr Efferman how fast you can go from version 1.0 to 3.0 and the design improvements its hard to keep up with LDD.

I do have to confess I love the look of version 1.0 with the open frames and the steering system as it gives a fully closed over deck but the

part count compared to version 3.0 is a lot higher.

Not only the Partcount is improved. The 5x7 frame version doesnt work really smooth, because all the gaps let the steering hook while it moves.