someone needs a big scale axle, not me, with planetary gears and twintires. so i have done something.

18309812220_934b999651_z.jpg

18309812610_e97d961182_z.jpg

18471109076_648cb3e3f1_z.jpg

the axle is 31 studs wide and has a gearratio of 1:11,2

because he want to build a 6x6 ther will come a second axle.

here is a big part of the double axle. The sideway guidance is still missing.

18566673685_ee5246bccc_c.jpg

lxf

Edited by efferman

This is for the Arocs, but in this early build i want post it here. The suspension is harder than on the 42043, but with the axle loadsensing the offroadcapabilitys should be a little bit better.

20620873000_7e50bb2e43_c.jpg

20620873540_03dc9fb7a5_c.jpg

20186287524_ee57e9598d_c.jpg

20187911213_42acc55051_c.jpg

20782612496_415bfa8833_c.jpg

Sorry Efferman but since you are designing a new part why don't you allow the use of a differential?

Anyway I've made a 8X8 chassis with leaf springs and they work very well! No need to design a 3D printed part! Also I have ackerman on the axle! What else do you need LOL

Edited by TheItalianBrick

Very Nice those leafsorings, any chance on instructions that would match with the original buildinginstructions off the original truck?

Since you've already made it, it's probably not a problem for you to show it here too.

It's just the chassis, so first I'll have to complete the all truck and thell I'll show it!

actually i dont have the intention to build a 8x8.

btw pictures please

But you are going to sell those parts so I'm sure there is someone interested on making an 8X8!

About the pics I need to finish the truck first! I'm not fitting them under the Arocs, I'm designing a new MAN 8X8!

i have to buy the parts too, and my intention to build not a 8x8 has the reason that i have actually not the money to buy the front axles.

you have a chassis, you can make pictures.

dafgek it will give a complete new chassis. so no compatible instructions

Edited by efferman

That I understand, but what I meant was is there a point where the modified chassis will fit with the rest of the original or does it need 100% new instructions?

Hi Efferman...

First of all I love your work. Its a great inspiration to us all I think....

I have a question though.

I can see you use LDD a lot. Do you make instructions as well ?

Now if you do I would very much like to know how you do that as I cant seem to make a proper instruction from LDD...

Or how I can use LDD to build a model from example a downloaded LDD file others have made.

The problem for me is that I think the LDD instruction mode is more or less useless (or I cant figure out to use it correctly)

Regards :-)

Yes, the ldd instruction mode is rubbish for complex models. so i make my instructions step by step. mostly i use screenshots, but at the grove uppercarriage i have made a file for every step.

When there is a file without instruction you have to disassemble the model part by part to see how it s build.

The steering system is finally finished

20981533399_5f8a8f7cbb_c.jpg

The Fake engine is placed, in relation to the cab, one stud lower and two studs more in front.

20981532959_e3788db6ca_c.jpg

the wheel arch is a little bit shorter

21142125806_1383e222b0_c.jpg

Hi efferman, how many studs is your truck over the fenders. I use allways 18 studs for the fenders, bumper and tipper and 17 for the cab. I think this is the best for these tyres.