Ya know, I'd kind of like to see a light mod of this, with no rc motors or aftermarket parts, with instructions. It's an excellent model, and that's totally something you should do.

You would probably need at least 2 XL's to get that speed, although it might be doable. Amazing job on your baja boss, it is stunning! :thumbup:

That looks sharp! Will you please explain how you used those aftermarket parts?

tim

well, this is the complete RC unit. The RC receiver is a ccx pro 3 channel from Jamara. the speed controller is a V15 navy from graupner, it is a controller for ships and i have used it because it has a low maximum of 15 amps and i had the fear that more power would overheat the motors. but the buggy motors and the cables are not going warm, so i think speed controllers for cars mit more amps should work too. the batterys are aaa Accus (choosed for low weight) with 1000mah, and it seems that on high power situations they going very fast empty.

9651637527_961d9f8785_z.jpg

100_0710 von efferman auf Flickr

to connect the electrical lego components to the RC speed controller, i have modified two extension cables with tamiya connector plugs. at the baja bug the inner cables deliver the current to the buggy motors. the second plug was a mistake :laugh:

9654870704_6a3bf6a973_z.jpg

then i have needed an servo which is able to mount in a lego car, so i have killed one of my dozens of battery boxes and use it to make some mounting points on the servo. the bondic box contains a liquid plastic compund which hardens only under UV light and give me a proper connection between the lego cut off and the servo. at last action i have made two holes in the servo lever dish to connect the servo movement to the lego axles. on the baja boss i use a 20/12 tooth combination to get enough rotation for the lego steering mechanism

9657423894_ed5fdaff8a_z.jpg

thats all

Ya know, I'd kind of like to see a light mod of this, with no rc motors or aftermarket parts, with instructions. It's an excellent model, and that's totally something you should do.

when i have made the video and had some fun during driving, i will make a hand powered version of it. on display i need no RC parts. then i will make an instruction. i hope ldd has the right parts included

Edited by efferman

i have on ldd started with the display version of the baja boss. here is the rear axle

9691231117_0e6223de0e_z.jpg

yes it is very fragile, but for an handpowered model it should be stable enough

the complete front is finished. the lxf file of the actual standing you can find here

9699559277_41a6265f1c_z.jpg

edit: pimped by westcoast customs :wink:

9704959222_6417284052_z.jpg

Edited by efferman

Awesome! When will the LDD file be released? I reaaalllyyy want to have a look at your steering, I'm tryi g to make my own trophy truck ATM and there is quite a lot of wiggle room. :(

for the steering you can look in the link in the post above. but please note that is a fully handpowered chassis. i dont know how this front suspension will react on offrod terain

i have on ldd started with the display version of the baja boss. here is the rear axle

9691231117_0e6223de0e_z.jpg

yes it is very fragile, but for an handpowered model it should be stable enough

What part is the long axle with pin-holes on the ends?

wow, this helicopter is very tiny.

i have made the mechanism a little bit more compact

8175029411_0009f8ff96.jpg

the levers of the cyclic control are now on one axle

Has anyone attempted an LDD/LXF or MPD of such design ? (Granted, LDD may not have the old rotor parts).

yes, i want do a rebirth of my twincat truck which had a long time two cats as galeons figures too. it is not a must have, but nice memories

10315290066_cb6585b180_z.jpg

haube2 von efferman auf Flickr

opinions?

Hi Michael, looks great!

How can I contact you? I am big fan of your work and would like to get some help from you for a rather simple problem...I think for you it is simple:-)

Many thanks, Axel

Edited by lcaa