Rufus

10230: Mini Modulars Discussion

The date on S@H now says 1st Feb.

Yes, it's being released online in February. In stores, it should already be available.

so, are they going to offer the Pet Shop as a mini-modular add on?

Maybe in the future with additional future modulars, but not on its own I think..

Bought it yesterday, built it, and already reviewed it. It was a fun, and tedious at sometimes, build. Below is the link to the review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKLWnBJMNGE

Not a bad review. You really covered each one well. I can't wait to get this. I suspect we'll see a second mini modular release when we have another 5 modulars.

The one part of these I think is a bit of an eyesore, is the part above the door on the CC. It's much too big for the size of the building. But, I don't know an alternate way of doing it.

I agree it is rather large, but I think it is a very clever use of those pieces. I am really impressed by this set. I have not been into the modulars at all, but I am definitely getting this set! It actually inspired me to build everything in mini-modular style.

Whoo-hoo! Knight status with this post!

Edited by TheLegoDr

The one part of these I think is a bit of an eyesore, is the part above the door on the CC. It's much too big for the size of the building. But, I don't know an alternate way of doing it.

I think the only ways to do it in scale would be the feather plume from the old Islanders sets or a white version of the CMF fan (Kimono Girl/Flamenco Dancer). But I'd much prefer a creative assembly over a single-piece solution, even if it is twice as big as it needs to be.

Working across the street from a LEGO Store, I don't know how I'm going to resist the temptation to cut out early to run and get this tomorrow.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

I picked this up in the store yesterday. I got home late so only built three of them. I hope to finish it off tonight and post a review here for everyone :)

I picked this up in the store yesterday. I got home late so only built three of them. I hope to finish it off tonight and post a review here for everyone :)

Nice Review

Edited by BrickMagnetReviews

I prefer the 1/2 scale minis:

5541037712_aa94fac429_z.jpg

4828416941_a19639c885_z.jpg

5260803594_e6e5a9c027_z.jpg

5520789048_1f0cf4c0b0_z.jpg

As much as I love to collect and build one of everything, I am torn on this set. Besides, it doesn't have the Pet Shop, so I can't buy it and display it with my sets, because it won't look the same.

To me, this set is something I most likely will pass on, as sad as it seems. If they were 1/2 scale, I think I would have jumped on it for sure, though.

Locutis

While I like these more than the official Mini modulars, are the instructions available for all of them? A lot of MOCs are amazing to look at, but for less skilled/experienced builder, you're often just stuck looking at pictures admiringly. At least with the official one you get a set of instructions to follow.

Does anyone know if these are available in UK lego stores? Website says available in store from 1st Jan, but is that only US, or all country stores?

Does anyone know if these are available in UK lego stores? Website says available in store from 1st Jan, but is that only US, or all country stores?

They are indeed; passed on them twice myself. You'll find them on the shelves.

They are indeed; passed on them twice myself. You'll find them on the shelves.

Thanks. Grabbed on at Westfield today, along with the VW camper. Not had any modulars before and I was being drawn towards the Grand Emporium and Fire Station, but resisted. Thats an expensive path if I start.. (inevitable probably though)

I' definitely going to pick this set up as soon as I can. I'm also in the process right now of designing the a mini new town hall. :classic:

That will be interesting to see!

I really like these Mini-Modulars for some reason. I have never been into Modulars before, but seeing this in mini form, I kind of want to start building everything in mini. These are a great likeness to their larger counterparts, especially when you think about the scale and what pieces they had to work with.

I become VIP just for this set actually...is that weird?

I posted this in the bag building thread, but I figured it would fit here as well.

20120115160532.jpg

I don't think I'll be touching the other four in this nature, but for anyone who's up for it, it CAN be done (have a few beers ready and the earmuffs for any little ones nearby).

bag building thread? Don't tell me you build that with all the pieces in a bag, not touching them directly? That'd do my head in!

bag building thread? Don't tell me you build that with all the pieces in a bag, not touching them directly? That'd do my head in!

Yeah, there's a thread in general about bag building, but I opted to show it here as well (since this is where more people will look at the Minis, haha). And that's the concept behind bag building - bag stays closed! And yes, it DID do my head in! I don't think I will ever be trying to do this again!

wow, nice job.

Got four of these built now. As I thought, my kids wanted a go, so I let them build one each - although my son chose the GE - grr. It also got him into the mood for some mini building, so he went off upstairs and built a little while house with a picket fence - looks kind of like a church, and a fountain, both of which clip into the street scene.

Unfortunately, my plan for these to satisfy my modular curiosity may have backfired. As much as I enjoy them, I think they make me want the full sets even more than before!

So my wife and I were in the Lego store yesterday. We were looking at the Tower Bridge and were thinking it might be the same scale as the Mini Modulars. Any one have both? Can you take a picture of the vehicles from the Tower Bridge with the Mini Modulars?