Rufus

10230: Mini Modulars Discussion

I think its really cool, but I would much rather save up for the real modular buildings. I'm actually more excited about the new brick separator than this set. :tongue:

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan. Sure, they look good and it's a good source of pieces, I just don't see this worthy of my $100. I'd rather save more and get a real modular building.

I have to say that I kind of believe this, but at the same time I would like to get it because I can't afford to get the big sets and the Lego star wars sets :cry_sad:

This was a huge surprise, at least for me. I've always loved it when people made MOCs of mini modulars, so to be able to get a full set straight from the source is great! As always, I do wish it were a little cheaper, but it's actually fairly reasonable compared to a lot of sets. Can't wait! :classic:

So Sonic, how do will we have to wait for you to show us mini versions of YOUR modulars?

Ooh, I will definitely have to get this! The modulars have always been out of my price range (well, a lot of sets are outside my price range; it's one reason I'm drawn to microscale) so the chance to get mini versions for $16 apiece is too good to pass up. And if this set is popular enough, we'll almost certainly get more mini-modulars later on.

Not sure my calculation correct or not.

L x W x H = 1/4 but have five = 5/64 of one normal scale in volume.

USD 80 / 5 * 64 = USD 1024 one normal scale price.

Very very expensive. Almost 7 times more expensive.

Edited by bbqqq

Not sure my calculation correct or not.

L x W x H = 1/4 but have five = 5/64 of one normal scale in volume.

USD 80 / 5 * 64 = USD 1024 one normal scale price.

Very very expensive. Almost 7 times more expensive.

That's correct if you're just going by volume, but there are lots of different factors that make a LEGO set worth the money. For instance, I know price per piece isn't necessarily a perfect metric either, but it is less than 6¢ per piece, which I see as a very good value. (And sure, they're small pieces, but for fans of microscale building that's a plus.)

That's correct if you're just going by volume, but there are lots of different factors that make a LEGO set worth the money. For instance, I know price per piece isn't necessarily a perfect metric either, but it is less than 6¢ per piece, which I see as a very good value. (And sure, they're small pieces, but for fans of microscale building that's a plus.)

For reals. A lot of what governs price is the mass of plastic required. Smaller parts actually use more plastic relative to the area they take up: it's easy to tell this by stacking three 2x2 plates, and comparing that to a 2x2 brick. So a set like this obviously costs a decent amount, because you're getting a massive amount of fiddly detail pieces.

My dad's in the VIP program, so I'm hoping he gets this.

Maybe this set is not my type. I prefer real modular buildings. I know that it is impossible that the price will be USD 12(by volume). I think about USD 50 is a fair price. (4.3 times instade of 6.8 times(USD80) more expensive than real modular by volume.)

It is good if we also have price per weight(g) and price per volume(cc) database for each set for reference.

Edited by bbqqq

Sorry if I missed it, but how are these exclusive to VIP members? I wish these were made available for Xmas. I cant wait to get them. Im sure my fiancee will want them.

Sorry if I missed it, but how are these exclusive to VIP members?

Yeah im wondering about that aswell, pretty annoying. :sad:

They are very cute though, and some smart little building techniques in there! Maybe i'll have a crack at building some of them sometime, if instructions are around. :classic:

CF

Nice detailing, but I'd much rather save up towards a real modular. Let's hope that this set isn't an excuse not to release another Modular Building next year!

Nice detailing, but I'd much rather save up towards a real modular. Let's hope that this set isn't an excuse not to release another Modular Building next year!

I think the rumor is Town Hall. It had the 5 digit number-10224, I believe- so, looks like we will still be getting a modular. I hope this is true. Although not a modular, we have a town hall in 10194 Town Plan. I would've preferred something retail wise or an apartment.

I think the rumor is Town Hall. It had the 5 digit number-10224, I believe- so, looks like we will still be getting a modular. I hope this is true. Although not a modular, we have a town hall in 10194 Town Plan. I would've preferred something retail wise or an apartment.

We had apartments in Green Grocer and Pet Shop, retail in Green Grocer, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop... for me a Town Hall would be perfect.

Edited by HighFlyer

We had apartments in Green Grocer and Pet Shop, retail in Green Grocer, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop... for me a Town Hall would be perfect.

True. But, when I think of a Town Hall, it's a standalone building. Whereas the Modular line is meant to be a street scene, side by side. But, I'm completely fine with a Modular Town Hall, I'm fine with any building they decide on(minus a CC/MS rerelease :tongue:). I'll just make my 10184 Town Hall into a museum.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I like this, though maybe I'd choose Grand Emporium over these for my town/minifigures. At one point on eBay GE was the same price.

Does anyone know for sure when this is actually coming out? When I asked at the local LEGO Store a couple weeks ago, I was told January, but now the release date on S@H has been bumped to February.

Does anyone know for sure when this is actually coming out? When I asked at the local LEGO Store a couple weeks ago, I was told January, but now the release date on S@H has been bumped to February.

Then February it is :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by ceroknight