Rufus

10230: Mini Modulars Discussion

Well it's cute at least, though the bell-tower for the fire station looks out of proportion with it's lower and top halves. :look:

I would have prefered another new modular instead of this......you can't tell they have run out of ideas already ? :blush:

The next modular is a town hall and arrives in the spring.

A good cheaper/space saving alternative to the real thing but I will save my money for the next full size modular building. I hope this doesn't undercut the full size modulars I know and love.

Nice set, I like the idea and the "HOTEL" sign :thumbup: . Stupid thing: I'm VIP member but we have no Lego store and SaH in our country :wacko:

What exactly is the point of being a VIP member when SAH and LEGO stores don't exist within the country, aren't those the only two uses of it?

I really like this - as others have already said above, they look like great pieces to display alongside their bigger siblings :)

the orange part is the new brick separator.

The orange part is the new part seperator.

This orange part is a brick which helps connecting bricks.

Its a new, smaller brick separator due to release next year.

Really? :D

What exactly is the point of being a VIP member when SAH and LEGO stores don't exist within the country, aren't those the only two uses of it?

Good question:) I've took a VIP card one year ago in case that I will return to Germany for some day)

This was a huge surprise, at least for me. I've always loved it when people made MOCs of mini modulars, so to be able to get a full set straight from the source is great! As always, I do wish it were a little cheaper, but it's actually fairly reasonable compared to a lot of sets. Can't wait! :classic:

Gorgeous little set, it looks great for small pieces like 1x1 plates and tiles in rare colours. I do not know yet if I will buy this set, as others have said, I would prefer to save my money for the 2012 modular.

I really like this - as others have already said above, they look like great pieces to display alongside their bigger siblings :)

Really? :D

Yes L@GO ;) As i also wrote in my reply earlier, this is a new brick seporator that in the back end is designed for getting the tiles of the plates and baseplates and everything else. and in the front it got the regular brick seporator booth top and bottom. and it also got an technicpin for easier getting technicpins out of the holes.

In the auction for a few hours ago in the LEGO Fan Weekend in Denmark it went for a price between 1000 and 1400 Danish kroners or more (about $181 to $253 or more)(cant remember the excact price)

But this were an signed copy

Gorgeous little set, it looks great for small pieces like 1x1 plates and tiles in rare colours.

What rare colours are we talking about?

Jamie (the designer) talked about the 1x1 brick in trans-clear comeing back. but i cant see any other rare 1x1 plates/tiles?

Yes L@GO ;) As i also wrote in my reply earlier, this is a new brick seporator that in the back end is designed for getting the tiles of the plates and baseplates and everything else. and in the front it got the regular brick seporator booth top and bottom. and it also got an technicpin for easier getting technicpins out of the holes.

I'm going to have to get one of those.

What rare colours are we talking about?

Jamie (the designer) talked about the 1x1 brick in trans-clear comeing back. but i cant see any other rare 1x1 plates/tiles?

I think he just means a good variety of smaller parts in general. And at nearly 1,400 bricks for $80 USD, it's not bad as a parts pack, even with so many small parts. (or depending on the type of MOCer you are, especially with all those small parts)

Interesting set and it looks well done but I will proably pass on it. I will join those that want to save their cash for more full size buildings. The printed hotel sign is nice though. Would have preferred an extra full size modular like a single pet shop sized building, would have fit the $80 price range and allowed people who can't afford $150 to try the series.

I've got mixed feelings also. If this had uncommon parts then I would probably and eventually get hold of one, but for the scale I might as well roll my own.

Highlights of the set based on the inventory picture:

New orange brick separator

Red-brown unprinted minifig head

Dark blue 1 x 1 tile (only exists to date as a printed part in POTC sets, lets hope its use in this set translates to an appearance in something I can actually afford)

Other nice dark blue parts

Light blue parts (including 2 x 2 tile with stud in center)

Clear 1 x 1 brick

Printed hotel sign

1 x 2 x 2 castle windows in white and tan

To take advantage of general mail order for exclusives or hard to get items...retail stores often can't get what you may need..