Sign in to follow this  
sharkone

MOC: building near the station

Hello to everyone, I would like to share with you the last Moc that I have created with my brother for our city (this is the first Moc that I post here on EB):

casa1.PNG

casa2.PNG

casa3.PNG

casa4.PNG

casa57.PNG

In the last picture you can see behind the building our station, at the moment still a work in progress^^

Have a nice day:)

Edited by sharkone

Looks very nice. :thumbup: It's very detailed. Thanks for sharing!

As a suggestion, tiles instead of plates could look good on the building's corners. Also, I don't know if there are buildings with corners as this, but what I usually see is like what you would get if you placed each 1x1 plate next to a 1x2 plate.

Keep us updated on your work! :thumbup: That station must be getting pretty neat!

Excellent house 'sharkone'....nice studed corners - a little different than using tiles. :wink:

Wonderful furniture, neat front door and overall a great build.....Brick On 'sharkone' ! :grin:

Shark...

I like the use of plates on the corners of the building. Innovative and looks nice, like you used field stones instead of

"brick". Nice going. It looks nice.

I would have referred to have used tile on the floors but that is probably my own preference.

Bella veramente Shark, fa piacere rivederti qua su Eurobricks, ma dietro è chiusa o rimane aperta?..stai costruendo una città su vari livelli mi pare, non la classica su baseplate appoggiata a terra..??

I know this forum is a stickler for photo size, but even with the largest photos I've never had a problem before but I've tried to open this thread twice (last night and today), and it is loading so slow... I don't think it's my Internet, I have 6mbps down. Is anyone else seeing a problem? My guess would be the hosting company for the photos. I'd love to comment, but since I can't see your photos I'm sorry I can't.

Hello thanks for your comments, we are glad you like it. Yes we have tried to do something different using plates, also there are some Plate 2 x 2 Corner near the ornament near windows, so with tiles that would be a little different.

ps hello Vic nice to see you here :)

I know this forum is a stickler for photo size, but even with the largest photos I've never had a problem before but I've tried to open this thread twice (last night and today), and it is loading so slow... I don't think it's my Internet, I have 6mbps down. Is anyone else seeing a problem? My guess would be the hosting company for the photos. I'd love to comment, but since I can't see your photos I'm sorry I can't.

Hello, i'm sorry about this, maybe because they are .png? Unfortunately I haven't at the moment an account on Brickshelf or Mocpages.

Meanwhile I have uploaded them like .jpeg (lower quality sorry), I hope you can see them now:

http://spaccasharko.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/immagini/legooo/casa1.jpg

http://spaccasharko.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/immagini/legooo/casa2.jpg

http://spaccasharko.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/immagini/legooo/casa3.jpg

http://spaccasharko.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/immagini/legooo/casa4.jpg

http://spaccasharko.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/immagini/legooo/casa57.jpg

Edited by sharkone

Sharkone,

This building looks great! :thumbup:

Great job on using studs for stones and echoing what others have said, nice work on the roof. :wub:

What kind of a building is this?

Hello, thanks for taking the time to do this. I think you might be right on the reason, JPG compresses much better than PNG. I'm an IT professional, and as a general rule JPG is the best compression to use for photos, PNG for charts/graphs/line art. Also, to reduce file size without losing image quality, it's typically better to compromise on compression rather than on resolution. So perhaps Eurobricks should be as concerned with encoding method as they are with resolution.

Now... as for the MOC. Very nicely done. I especially like the interior. I love those light fixtures and the stairs. One suggestion I have would be to move the railing on the upper part of the stairs to the exterior side, rather than the interior side of the stairs. It seems like you are losing space on the stair itself to allow for the railing, but if you mounted the railing to the wall using some type of brick with an attachment, you might free some space on the steps themselves. The only problem would be selecting a brick that wouldn't compromise on the exterior, and in the color you've chosen perhaps that isn't possible.

Overall, thought, very nicely done!