Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

Crash Landing

thindexedgif.gif 182A

Not much to say here. Jack Sparrow caught a huge wave coming ashore. He is going to hit that palm tree. Comments and criticism are welcome. :jollyroger:

crashlanding2.2.jpg

crash_landing2master111_copy.jpg

crashlanding2.jpg_mastered.jpg

Here is how I made the wave.It's just a plate I made out of 1x2 plates. It opens up like a slinky. It's filled with trans blue round plates. That's all.

crashlandingwave2.jpg

crashlandingwave1.jpg

Nicely done, I like the use of the FD crew member shell :P

nice water effect as well.

I admire the wave effect, it looks very alive in the second picture.

However I think the MOC would benefit from having blue under the transparent plates, currently the ocean looks inch-deep.

:pir_laugh2: Great idea!

It's very good. In particular, the water effect is very nicely done. However, I get the feeling that the water is separate from the ocean. It looks like the wave was isolated in the sand. Perhaps, as suggested before me, you can use blue tiles below the water.

Thanks for sharing!

Awesome wave, the water looks great.

If I may make a suggestion when taking pictures in a studio like you have set up, try placing the MOC in the center away from any walls, this helps to hide the creases where the tag board meets.

Great job on building a studio though, most people do not.

:pir-sweet:

Nicely done, I like the use of the FD crew member shell :P

nice water effect as well.

Thank you.

A Small MOC but the water is awesome made!

Good job

Greetz Bjornu

Thank you.

However I think the MOC would benefit from having blue under the transparent plates, currently the ocean looks inch-deep.

It's very good. In particular, the water effect is very nicely done. However, I get the feeling that the water is separate from the ocean. It looks like the wave was isolated in the sand. Perhaps, as suggested before me, you can use blue tiles below the water.

Thanks for sharing!

I get what you guys are saying. I was kind of thinking the same thing. Thank you for commenting.

Awesome wave, the water looks great.

If I may make a suggestion when taking pictures in a studio like you have set up, try placing the MOC in the center away from any walls, this helps to hide the creases where the tag board meets.

Great job on building a studio though, most people do not.

:pir-sweet:

I made this light box from a corner of a Red Stripe 12-pack and three 12-inch sheets of paper. I had a bigger one that my son destroyed. I never even got to use it. I have to make a big one, still. I took out the edges on my first pic. I hope you guys like it better that way. Thanks, guys for the comments. :thumbup:

Excellent MOC 'Captain BeerBeard', I really like the wave effect and I just wonder if Jack is more worried by the bottle of rum that money stole from him ? :pir_laugh2:

Keep on building while drinking that rum 'Captain BeerBeard'.....or should I say BEER ! :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for sharing!

How deep is the ocean when a wave crashes on to dry sand? It looks fine to me. Great work BeerBeard. :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by Rolltron

Excellent MOC 'Captain BeerBeard', I really like the wave effect and I just wonder if Jack is more worried by the bottle of rum that money stole from him ? :pir_laugh2:

Keep on building while drinking that rum 'Captain BeerBeard'.....or should I say BEER ! :pir_laugh2:

Money steals? :pir_laugh2: I do bet the monkey with the rum explains "where did all the rum go?" :pir_laugh2:

Edited by johnnyvgoode

Money steals? :pir_laugh2: I do bet the monkey with the rum explains "where did all the rum go?" :pir_laugh2:

I thought it was the rum and my local brewpub "Three Floyds" stealing my money? It's all good, LightningTiger. Don't edit that post!

Great work! That wave is what really caught my eye in this MOC.

Thanks for sharring :thumbup:

How deep is the ocean when a wave crashes on to dry sand? It looks fine to me. Great work BeerBeard. :imperialguard_commander1:

Your right about that. I forgot you lived in Virginia Beach for a while.

Thanks. I'm going to post some pics of how I made it. Make sure to check them out.

I will :pir-wink: