Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#6: WANTED! Donny Dozenhands

"Which one is that again, the one where we fought the toads? Forgive my confusion, I'm not feeling so well. I'm sure once I've received the healing blessings from Haldor's gods my mental faculties shall return to me in working condition. Very well, back to the other lever." The party returns to the previous tunnel where they encountered the sewer vermin.

The party decides to pull the other lever on the tunnel they searched before. Much to their surprise the lever did not result in a sudden flood on the sewers, but another distant clank. The party returns to the tunnel with the sluicegate, and find it wide open. As they walk past the open grate, they now see that the dark shape huddled on the ground is in fact a skeleton.

heroicaquest6-skeleton.jpg

Fortunately the skeleton is very much dead. There are countless scribbles on the walls of the sewer, saying things like "GODS LET ME OUT!!!", "WHY CAN'T ANYBODY HEAR ME?!", "WORST ENDING TO A PARTY EVER!", and "I NEVER SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A SHORTCUT THROUGH THE SEWERS". The misfortuned party-goer is still holding it's earthly possessions consisting of a metal staff, a chalice and a die.

Party Leader, how will the found loot be divided?

heroica-heavymetalrod.jpg1 x Heavy Metal Rod - WP: 5, suitable for clerics and mages.

heroica-loadeddice.jpg1 x Loaded Die - Permanent lucky-effect to the owner, allowing them to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two.

heroica-crystalchalice.jpg1 x Crystal Chalice - Worth 70 gold.

"Poor chap, seems our friend the spider was right. Since I've already aquired this new crossbow, I'd suggest you two split the rod and die between you both. We can split the cost of the chalice when we return to the market. If we've explored the entirity of the sewers, I'm ready to get out of here before we end up like him."

LOOT:

Heavy Metal Rod - WP: 5 - Haldor

Nothing! - Skrall ( :tongue: )

Loaded Die + Crystal Chalice - En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur twirls the Heavy Metal Rod three times before it slips from his hand. The rod clangs loudly as the sewer walls bounce the sound throughout the tunnel. "Here Haldor, you can have this thing. It's too heavy for my liking." Nur picks up the die. "Hm, it's weighted. Hopefully this die will give me more luck than it did for you." Nur pockets the die and chalice. "Aye, let's see how much this chalice will fetch us at market."

The dark mage looked to his companions. "I do believe we've explored this place enough. Let us leave the sewers and face our employer before Skrall begins to panic. Do either of you remember the order we pulled the levers in? I'm sure one of them closed the gate we passed through after defeating those Wolfgang members."

The party return to the intersection, and see that their way out back to the Fishmarket is open. The path that lead to Donny Dozenhands is now closed, however. Not minding that, the party make its way out of the sewers and across the city of Eubric back to the Town Watch Barracks. There they face the grim Captain Lilbelly.

heroicaquest6-ending.jpg

"What is this mockery? You dare to return emptyhanded, without the thief? Where's my money? I want it returned at once!"

The party stares at the raging and red-faced captain. What will they answer to him?

Skrall whispered to his companions, "Well boys, it's the moment of truth. I came to heroica cause I felt the time had come to make an honest livin', I'm all well and fine with sidin' with the wolfpack in manners of politics and principal, but I ain't goin' to rob the captain by pretendin' we were robbed ourselves. Tis a sticky business but we may still be able to pull it off. I'm willin' to give my share back, what ya do with yer own I leave up to you."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Nur looked at the ogre then down to his coin purse. He imagined it a hundred gold lighter. He looked to the cleric, unable to determine his thoughts from his blank expression. The dark mage's eyes returned to his coin purse. He remembered coming to Eubric with almost nothing and how long it had taken for him to be accumulate this much money. Nur's glance returned briefly to his friends before he addressed the Captain.

"You definately weren't exaggerating about Dozenhands' prowess as an escape artist, Captain. My companions and I have been shot, poisoned, stabbed, and even crushed by bricks from a collapsed tunnel in our pursuit of your thief. From our ragged and disheveled appeareance you must certainly believe we made the best possible effort to capture Donny Dozenhands." En Sabah Nur dusted off his pack and removed Doznehands' dress and wig. "We managed to acquire this disguise. Dozenhands' latest ruse was to dress as a maiden to get close to victims and aid his disappearance into crowds. I am indeed sorry we did not bring the scoundrel to justice." Nur bowed low, hoping Lilbelly would forget he failed to address the missing money all the while peeking at his friends to see if they had anything else to add. ~(speak freely)~

"Aye, and if it been any use to ya, we've disposed of at least half a dozen members of the wolfgang, which you neglected to put in the job description. Furthermore it's come to our attention, you and your men 'ave been pocketin' a little change for yerself "under the table" as it were. So if it's anyone that's to do the explainin' maybe it should be yerself captain. I'm sure if the six houses were made aware of yer dealin's you'd soon be out of a job. It's folks like us who keep the order and the peace around here. We know the real bandits in this city and they ain't the ones crawlin' around in sewers at the dead of night, they're the ones that are sittin' behind the desks and money tables fattening themselves on the misfortunes of others. Survival of the fittest right captain?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

The captain's face turns a deeper shade of red.

"You insolent fools... Get out! GET OUT, before I arrest the whole lot of you! What a worthless waste of gold you lot were... 'Heroica', my big behind!"

The party sees it best to leave the office and return to Heroica Hall.

THE QUEST HAS FAILED!

Party (after the quest):

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 4 Mage
*lucky*

Power:

Health:
8/8

Ether:
8/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Sangriste Dagger (WP: 3), Garnet (Earth), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect) 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, Crystal Chalice

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 4 Cleric

Power:

Health:
12/12

Ether:
8/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Heavy Metal Rod (WP: 5) Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 4 Ranger

Power:
8 (12 against beasts)

Health:
9/9

Gold:

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts), Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), Potion, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb