Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

"Well, well, well, Ms. Prissypants. You don't need to get all sassy. Let me tell you a story......

Nyx yawns theatrically..

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever, old man. :tongue:

C'mon guys, let's finish this loser off so we can go laugh about all of this over a very large number of very strong drinks back at Heroica Hall. :wink:

Once again it's Darkness magic on San Di from the back row.

QM Note OOC: Now would be the time to turn on dramatic action music.

Amorith vs. San Di- Critical Hit

Nyx vs. San Di- Miss

Boomingham vs. San Di- Critical Hit

Barur vs. San Di- Miss

Sylph vs. San Di- Mis

"Everybody! Charge!!!!" cries Sylph the party leader.

The heroes gather up for a massive attack. San Di the MOColian General braces him self.

"Attack!" Amorith does a massive critical hit and the general is blown back by a magical blast.

Nyx's magic misses. Barur, Sylph, and Boomingham goes in for a melee kill. The three surround him and Barur lunges but the general spins around to dodge and raises his sword to stop Sylph's overhand blow. He does a wide kick and Sylph and Barur sprawls on the floor. It is Boomingham against San Di.

"Sheath draw duel?" asks San Di.

"Why not?" replies Boomers.

The two circle, and on 3, they both draw their swords. Boomingham draws his sword so fast, he cuts through the MOColian armor in the unsheath movement. He beat the general at his own game. And does 16 damage- bringing San Di exactly at 0. :oh: THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

img_0907.jpg

Loot:

Smoke Bomb

40 Gold

Key

The heroes get a mysterious key, and Nyx perfectly ends up at level 15. Shall the party go back to Carthago? And then, on a skull statue, lies the missing crown. 3/3 TREASURES COLLECTED!

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 12.5 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 15 Health: 20/20 Ether: 8/16 Gold: 77 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, 1 Canteen Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 6 Bones, Ring, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 13 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 20 Health: 15/22 Gold: 74

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 2 Canteens, Map, 5 Bones, Fire Gem

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 15 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 21 Health: 12/19 Ether: 16/19 Gold: 74

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 6), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 4 Bone, 1 Canteens of Water , Gold Staff, Wood Gem

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 9 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 13 Health: 12/12 Ether: 10/13 Gold: 50

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), opal elemental gem, Fire Gem, Earth Gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 1 canteens, Fang Dagger (WP: 3), 3 bones. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 9 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 12 Health: 16/17 Ether:3/13 Gold: 51

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy,1 canteens, x2 Venom, Fire Gem, Lightning gem, 5 bones

"That, my friends, is true swords play. I have no idea who this San Di was, but I'm happy I killed him. He was a worthy opponent. I shall now officially name my sword 'Desert King'." Boomingham laughs. "It's a dumb name, but I think naming swords in the first place are dumb, they're just swords. Anyway, let's see if we can see where this key goes, see if the Smithy will reimburse us for this unused canteens since we can't use them anywhere else, and then hop on a ship home. Nyx, Marvelo, Sylph, Barur, it's been a pleasure serving with each one of you, though Sylph, I'm still hoping that you'll treat us to what lies under that mask."

Also, that diamond looks valuable. I try to pick it up.

The diamond is stuck to the statue, and won't come free. Also, nothing in the room is open able with a key, they will just have to give it to the townsfolk, perhaps if you do that, they'll won't charge you for the remaining canteens.

"though Sylph, I'm still hoping that you'll treat us to what lies under that mask."

"Ha." Sylph chuckled in a strange voice. Or voices? "Not today... Not today."

"So, time for loot. Everyone gets 8 gold, Marvelo, you may have the smoke bomb, Boomer, you may have the key, as you've been very helpful..."

"Ha." Sylph chuckled in a strange voice. Or voices? "Not today... Not today."

"So, time for loot. Everyone gets 8 gold, Marvelo, you may have the smoke bomb, Boomer, you may have the key, as you've been very helpful..."

Party Leader, will you journey back to Carthago?

"Thank you for the smoke bomb Sylph."

OOC. Is the key like the one sold by Elphaba which would open any door and then break?

No. It's a Quest Item.

Party Leader, will you journey back to Carthago?

OoC: Since there isn't really another option, can't you assume so?

OoC: Since there isn't really another option, can't you assume so?

OOC: I wasn't sure if any of you wanted to see if there were anything else to explore.

Boomingham looks around, there isn't anything else to do, and since the temple is at an oasis, they get full refills for the journey back to town...

The party can hear the cheers as they walk into town. The leader is making a speech at 1 o'clock. They listen as he talks from his royal tower.

img_0941.jpg

"Followers!" he bellows, " Give thanks, I have come out of my misery. These heroes have delivered us our treasures stolen from us by the invading MOColians."

The crowd yells in delight.

"In honor of them, each one will be given a special title we will call them. They are:

Nyx the Bugslayer

Boomingham, King of the Desert

Sylph the Wise

Amorith the Brave

and

Barur the Healer.

(Yes, I looked through a crystal ball to track your progress.)"

The mass of people congratulate the adventurers.

"Now for the rewards. Guard, bring the chests!"

A guard gives an order and two men carrying golden treasure chests open it.

"Each get 100 gold! Also, may I see your weapons?"

The heroes uncertainly hand over their main weapons.

"Muhammed al-Din the blacksmith made these. They are you weapons but with increased power, Boomers, perhaps this will let you kill more Scarabs. :wink: "

The party looks in awe at their shining new weapons and compare it to the old, dirty weapons they used in the desert.

"I'm sorry for those ridiculous prices of the canteens to sustain life, therefor, I'm interested in that key, you'll have no need for it, so please, can us townsfolk have it, and each will get 15 gold back. My way of an apology."

The crowd cheers one last time, and in the next morning, they heroes are aboard a ship, heading back to Heroica Hall.

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 12.5 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 15 Health: 20/20 Ether: 8/16 Gold: 200 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 6 Bones, Ring, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 13 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 20 Health: 15/22 Gold: 197

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 8), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Bedroll, Map, 5 Bones, Fire Gem, Key

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 15 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 21 Health: 12/19 Ether: 16/19 Gold: 197

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 7), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 4 Bone, Gold Staff, Wood Gem

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 9 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 13 Health: 12/12 Ether: 10/13 Gold: 173

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 5), opal elemental gem, Fire Gem, Earth Gem, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Tonic, Fang Dagger (WP: 3), 3 bones. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 9 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 12 Health: 16/17 Ether:3/13 Gold: 174

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 4), Potion, Remedy, x2 Venom, Fire Gem, Lightning gem, 5 bones

sacred_sand.jpg

QM Closing Comments. Please tell me if I missed anything, each of you got 115 gold, and your main weapon got +1 WP. Enjoy, and Zepher, sorry for all the waits in posting. I learned a lot from this quest, and I don't think I want to host all this work in a very long time! :laugh::blush: You all were fun, and had very good thinking ideas, haggling skills, and awesome battles that should've been over long before they actually were. Good job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :classic:

'Hurray, shall we head back now my friends,so we can tell our brave adventure at the Hall?'

Barur looks at his mates with a large grin,his satisfaction of a job well done,his first quest and looks to sea wishing of home...not Heroica but beyond, to his real home the one he may not see again...

"Amorith the brave." Amorith muses. "I like it" he announces finally.

OOC: Thank you for a great quest, progress was slow but that was all of our faults. Well done as a first time QM Capt.JohnPaul.

Can we post in heroica hall now?

Edited by legobodgers

"Amorith the brave." Amorith muses. "I like it" he announces finally.

OOC: Thank you for a great quest, progress was slow but that was all of our faults. Well done as a first time QM Capt.JohnPaul.

Can we post in heroica hall now?

Yes, you may post in the hall.

Thank you, too.

Hmm, I'm not convinced I'll be going around calling myself a Bugslayer, but thanks for the title anyway; and also for the gold and for improving my pretty Dawnstar, you've kept the weighting even and still allowed it to channel my magics, thanks! :sweet:

Nyx turns to her companions, who really she now considers friends, having fought side-by-side against numerous foes in the harshest of conditions in the arid desert.

Barur and Amorith, you've both changed so much; I see you both as brave warriors now, but I'm not sure you were really feeling that way when we set off. I am proud to say I have adventured with you, and that we've been successful in our quest. :sweet:

Sylph, once again it's been good to quest with you, and I hope that this isn't the last time we do so.

And Larry.... well, we've had our ups and downs but I'm pretty confident we'll be drinking together back at Heroica Hall, and I know you have a heart of gold. :wink:

It's been an honour to go on this quest with all of you. :sweet:

OOC: I rarely type OOC, but thanks Capt.JohnPaul for running the quest and sticking with it too! It's been a lot of fun, thank you. Last note: I still have some of the treasure in my inventory (the Gold Staff) - I take it we've given the treasure back... or have we? Can we sell it?? :wink:

OOC: I rarely type OOC, but thanks Capt.JohnPaul for running the quest and sticking with it too! It's been a lot of fun, thank you. Last note: I still have some of the treasure in my inventory (the Gold Staff) - I take it we've given the treasure back... or have we? Can we sell it?? :wink:

:laugh::facepalm: No, you gave away the staff and the three treasures. Thanks for participating.

"Ahhh. I do enjoy so the acquisition of material possessions." sighed Sylph as he dropped his well earned gold into a sack.

"I must apologize for my recent silence. the voice in the back of my head has been busy planning for future events, trials, tests. But now he's back, and I'm more powerful than ever..." Sylph said, somewhat confusing his team mates, an causing Boomingham to glare at him in a burning, questioning manner. "I must thank you all for accompanying me, and for letting me lead you. The experience was a good one. I learned much. I must especially thank you Boomer, for remaining participatory throughout, and letting your personality and curiosity drive you and for carrying more than your fair share of the weight. You too Nyx, for never going quiet. Once again, you proven yourself as a genius and worthy adversary to your strongest opponents. And you as well Marvelo riddle and Barur, for never giving up despite the vastness of the desert. All of these exemplary traits have been noted. I don't forget things, and I shan't forget you lot. You have enabled the growth of my power, and for that, I am grateful. I hope we shall all meet again, under similar circumstances soon." With that, the somewhat enigmatic Sylph, began to head towards the hall.

"One more thing." blurted Boomingham with a challenging look on his face.

Sylph turned around, saying nothing.

Boomingham asked dramatically, "What's under that mask."

Sylph looked at him, and, had anyone been capable of seeing, would likely have been smiling smugly.

"All in good time Boomer. One day. You'll see."