Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

I would appreciate a heal if anyone has spare ether. What I think we should do is to try and open the chest. If that doesn't work I think we should use our bones to replace the missing ones.

"King of the desert? More like king of the desserts" Amorith mumbled.

"You know, with all the bones missing from that skeleton, if it turns all nasty we'll be fine. Let's go check out the chest. I'll go check out the chest. Give Nyx or Mr. Marvelo my healing."

"And who's whispering about food and desserts. Are you all hungry too?!"

"Before we do anything, let's heal up. I'll heal myself first, and Barur can heal himself or whoever he wants, and then we can get everyone else. Deal?"

I have already asked for healing, perhaps I should have been bolder in my request. Would somebody please heal me? Anyone?

I don't think we need to worry too much about how much Ether we have left, either.

If bones are required to reconstruct the skeleton then I'll happily give two from my stash for that purpose, but I'd very much like to be healed first.

If bones are required to reconstruct the skeleton then I'll happily give two from my stash for that purpose, but I'd very much like to be healed first.

"Whoa whoa doll. Let's try taking the key first. Then, if the key won't come, let's repair the skeleton man, and since there are five of us, and five bones missing, I think it would be fair to each give up one bone. I'll chop our your fibula first, I suppose that Barur doesn't need his rib too much... I'm joking of course, we can all give up one bone from our stash though, just to be fair. But whatever we do, let's do it. I'm missing Heroica terribly. I want to see Eric and Tesni and Hybros and that mage fellow again... I just feel like I'm missing out... and I want a lamb chop and can't find them anywhere in this damn desert."

The chest won't open, and the key won't come out of the mouth of the skeleton. It appears giving up bones is the best choice.

I will give up one of my bones if everyone thinks that is best but I did just use two of my bones in the last battle, one did not even do anything.

"Fair enough. I will put in two bones, one of which will cover for my marvelous friend Mr. Marvelo. But you owe me a drink when we get back to the hall." Boomingham taps Nyx on the shoulder. "Hello, dear. What do you say to a drink off with Mr. Marvelo once we get back to the hall? He's been secluded for so long he's probably forgotten how to have fun."

OOC: Sorry, Marvelo, you are the one who has been in the forest alone for a long time, right? If I got that wrong I'll blame Boomingham's memory.

"Thank you Boomingham you are most kind." He was about to tell Boomingham that alcohol was free at Heroica but he kept his mouth shut, he did not want to tip off Boomingham.

OOC: Yes, Amorith has been living like a hermit in the forrest for hundreds of years.

2 bones are put in the right places. It appears more complete now. Who will give up 3?

I'm still quite happy to offer two of the bones I'm carrying, especially in the name of progress.

Boomingham taps Nyx on the shoulder. "Hello, dear. What do you say to a drink off with Mr. Marvelo once we get back to the hall? He's been secluded for so long he's probably forgotten how to have fun."

I certainly intend to drink as much as I possibly can when I get back to Heroica from this parched desert, and I'd be delighted to introduce you and Marvelo to the joys of Flaming Gumballs. Scheherezade even puts a little umbrella in and a cherry on top... :cry_happy:

They are girly drinks, but they've got one helluva kick to them. :wink:

Sylph and Nyx contribute the last three bones. The skeleton's jaw drops, and the key falls to the floor.

"Hello," says the skeleton, "my name's Jack."

Jack walks to the chest and turns the key, the golden chest opens, and light shines out, inside the heroes find 175 gold.

"Take my advice, that mummy came in you seem to be chasing, he escaped through that hole in the roof."

The heroes look up at the ceiling, it is high up, they will have to stand on one another, though that means one hero will be left behind. Jack the skeleton senses their thoughts.

"Give me 10 gold, and I'll boost the last person up. It would be 15 gold, but you put me back together. Deal?" suggests the skeleton.

EDIT: Also, internet won't be available to me for the next week, sorry. We will resume this quest after! :classic:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

So, 35 gold each? We should definitely give Jack here the 10 gold. Who knows how strong this mummy will be, I have a nasty feeling that he will be undead.

"That's a deal Jack," said Sylph confidently, shaking the skeleton's hands vigrously and slipping him the 10. "'Don't know what you're gunna do with it though." Then Syph turned to his men, "35 gp to all."

"Thanks for the lift Jacky, and thanks for covering the cost Sylph. I would have done it if you hadn't been so kind." Boomingham hummed happily as he applied venom to his blade. He wuld not have covered the cost. There was not nearly enough gold on this qust for him yet, he wanted to upgrade his sheild and sword when he got back to Eubric, but with the money he was bringing in, that was looking unlikely. "I've been thinking. How much do you think this King's treasure would be worth if we brought it home and sold it to the Hinckwells. I've worked with them before, they'd probably be willing to give a fair reward."

"Nice plan, I am all for more loot but I don't want to get on the wrong side of these people, we need a way home after all."

Amorith noted that the Voice In The Sky had been gone for some time now, maybe even god needs holidays.default_laugh_new.gif

I am back! And thanks to Nyx's wonderful haggling tactics, she bought me a wonderful Mayan calendar.

The heroes hoist themselves and Jack lifts the last one up... shall the heroes continue to the Hanging Gardens temple? It seems like it is the logical place for the statue to go, since it is a temple.

Party: (Note, is this correct? I subtracted 10 gold from Sylph to pay the fee and then added 35.)

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 11.5 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 14 Health: 2/19 Ether: 12/15 Gold: 72 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, 1 Canteen Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 6 Bones, Ring, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 12 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 19 Health: 16/21 Gold: 69

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7, Poisoned), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 2 Canteens, Map, 7 Bones, Fire Gem

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 14 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 20 Health: 18/18 Ether: 16/18 Gold: 69

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 6), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 4 Bone, 1 Canteens of Water , Gold Staff, Wood Gem

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 7 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 11 Health: 11/11 Ether: 9/11 Gold: 45

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), opal elemental gem, Fire Gem, Earth Gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 1 canteens, Fang Dagger (WP: 3), 3 bones. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 7 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 10 Health:15/15 Ether:2/12 Gold: 46

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy,1 canteens, x2 Venom, Fire Gem, Lightning gem, Tonic, 5 bones

OOC: I should have only 5 bones left.

"Yes sir, let's just move onwards and upwards. No boogey woogey man will scare me off after the Scarabs we've faced."