Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

'Let's explored the cave then head out, we still missing one treasure and canteen are starting to run short'

Occ:what does happen if we run out?

You will continue to lose health.

"Though by now I must sound like some sort of demented minstrel who can only play one song, I still want to go down the other path. There could be any number of useful quest items because god can be sneaky, he often hides treasure off the beaten track."

Out of breath, Amorith waits for the other to reply.

He also asks the group at large whether bedrolls will still heal all if we run out of canteens.

"Will we continue to lose health from heat in the cave?" Sylph asked god.

Nope.

He also asks the group at large whether bedrolls will still heal all if we run out of canteens.

Yes, that's something I overlooked when making the quest. Stupid loophole. :blush::sceptic: But since you have all done it before, (healing via bedroll) I'll have to allow it to continue healing.

"Well whatever you all want to do, let's get a move on and do it! I'm bored sitting around here."

"Let's keep going in the cave."

The cave only consists of this "room."

The heroes go back up the cave, into the sunlight. Shall they continue to the Hanging Gardens, or go back and explore the caves at the intersection?

Well, seeing as we're all so keen on spelunking, and given that we can restore our lost Health and Ether when we rest, why not go back to explore the other caves at the intersection before we head out to the Hanging Gardens?

Amorith has been asking for aaages, and we were quite keen to explore these caves, and we do all agree we want to maximise our chances of slaying enemies and finding loot. :sweet:

Whaddaya say, gents? :wink:

"I challenge you to a duel Nyx. A duel of the wills. Let's the both of us see who can go the longest without drinking a canteen! I'm also all for exploring! New lands, new riches, new ladies, new riches, new ladies, new riches... I'm sorry, am I repeating myself! And before you all say that we're unlikely to find a lady in a cave in the desert, let me just tell you about the time that we found Lady Nestor in that cave. Back in the war, I had... taken my unit on a detour, and we ran into a group of orcs, totally by chance, and well, obviously we dispatched of them easily. We were going to go on and reunite with the rest of the army, but then we heard this scream from a cave. We found Lady Nestor... are you all to young to know who she is...? Well anyway, we found her, and let's just say, bear in mind this was before I was a married man, let's just say that that was a good night and she was quite thankful. So... on to those other caves." :sweet:

"I challenge you to a duel Nyx. A duel of the wills. Let's the both of us see who can go the longest without drinking a canteen!

I'm quite happy to go without drinking a canteen, but may the gods help the rest of you if I go without sleep. :devil:

Fortunately, these marvellous power naps allow me to go without having to drink water for ages anyway. :wink:

Alcohol, on the other hand, is another matter. :cry_sad: I miss my cocktails. :cry_sad:

Although by the sounds of your story you did manage to fill your canteens with booze after all! :laugh:

The heroes go down the pass, back to the beginning. Since they went right first, they go left. They are back at another intersection.

Right or Left?

To avoid further confusion- you first went Left, Right. Now, the party came back to the beginning, and since you can only go right, so I automatically made you go right... So NOW you must choose right or left.

Start<<< Finish (Then you went back!

I tried a quick drawing, you are currently at the RED intersection.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

PLEASE NOTE: Since I didn't plan on you doing battle in the caves, this was a rush job, and I know that you guys would form a mob if I didn't provide a few extra battles so Nyx can get to level 15. So read on, if you dare! :devil:

The party goes down the right tunnel, and come into a chamber, there is a statue, and a headdress, that looks like it could be moved (The party sees that it is gold painted), against the walls. Including strange symbols, there is a wing design of a Wind God. Though much of he ground is destroyed, some tile remains, and dusty. What does the party do?

statue.jpg

hat.jpg

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Pfft. It seems that even those of distant lands fear the non-existent gods. A wind god... ha!" Boomingham picks up the headdress. "This, on the other hand, looks valuable." He licks it and immediately start to spit. "It has dust all over it."

"Why'd you like it?" asks a quest mate.

"To see if it was real gold."

"Can you taste gold?"

"I suppose not," Boomingham admits. He then marches over to the statue and looks at it's trident. "This could be gold too..."

Edited by Zepher

I have a bad feeling about this chamber; it's strange... because of channeling all this magical energy I think I'm developing the power of premonition, and I sense a number of battles ahead of us... (:wink::tongue:)

Well anyway, the headdress does look very pretty and I'm very tempted to try it on to see how it looks. I'm sure absolutely nothing dreadful will happen at all, and that I'm just being silly and fanciful about the idea of premonitions of battles... :look:

I have a bad feeling about this chamber; it's strange... because of channeling all this magical energy I think I'm developing the power of premonition, and I sense a number of battles ahead of us... (:wink::tongue:)

Well anyway, the headdress does look very pretty and I'm very tempted to try it on to see how it looks. I'm sure absolutely nothing dreadful will happen at all, and that I'm just being silly and fanciful about the idea of premonitions of battles... :look:

Temptation is too strong! Nyx scoops up the hat and tries it on.

"Hit the dirt!" cries Boomingham, diving for cover, putting his hands over his neck and head.

But luckily, no ceilings collapse, no spikes rise from the floors, and the chamber doesn't fill with lava. A noise comes from behind Sylph.

"*cough cough* grooooaaannnnn.... mumble, groand again..." is heard.

"Ahh! That was a good one Barur!! :laugh: " says Sylph.'

"That wasn't me, Sylph" replies Barur.

"But, but..."

The heroes turn to the mummy statue, it has red, glowing eyes. It looks angry, if rocks and look angry... :look:

What next?

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul