Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

The water rock monster actually dropped a grand tonic. default_blink.gif

I would love a water, earth or lightening gem. Or all three default_tong.gif.

:facepalm: I forgot when writing blah gem, blah gem, elemental blah blah gem, over and over again. :grin_wub:

(I'm unsure how much damage it caused, I just know that combined with Nyx's attack would kill it. Though I'm pretty sure Zepher killed it on his own.)

Nice work Boomers, killing off that uber-irritating Watery Rock thingy with a single strike! :grin:

So if there's loot to distribute, you know I'd absolutely adore a nice Emerald Wood Gem, :wub: but if there are spare Garnets and Aquamarines and Grand Tonics knocking about, I'd give them a happy home! :sweet::tongue:

And then we have the usual exploring the area, digging and resting-to-full-health to do, right? :wink:

Reminder: Please bold your actions! Some haven't been lately and it makes it more clear if you are stating an idea or actually performing the action. :classic:

Nice work Boomers, killing off that uber-irritating Watery Rock thingy with a single strike! :grin:

"Thanks Nyx. I dedicate the battle to you." :wink: Boomingham grinned broadly at the young girl. She was fun. Not in the way that he'd normally have fun with girls, but fun none the less.

"I wonder how the other quests are doing. We've been out here so long, I'm beginning to miss the hall. Other than the Orcs I must say I'm starting to miss my friends. Eric, Hybros, Tseni... I hope they're all alright. And that Mage... Nur, he was just leaving for his first quest when he left. Wonder how he made out. Seemed a decent chap. I hope... Scoul? Skall? Scowl? The giant ogre didn't eat him. :sceptic: And that little girl I met... Ellaria? Don't know why she just popped into my head... Ennoc, what I wouldn't give for a beer right now. Just a nice cold beer."

'Skrall is the name your looking for dear BOomingham,and I wouldn't fear for him eating our mage friend,he is an ogre but a decent one and trying to amend for his/his race's mistakes. Thanks for this pretty gem fearless leader =)'

"Ok! So loot.

Boomingham- Fire gem

Nyx- Wood gem

Amorith- Earth

Sylph- Grand toxin

Barur- Lightning gem"

Thank you it is indeed very pretty and shiny, and I'm sure I can channel the power within it to cause beautiful destruction. :sweet:

Nyx bows as she receives the glimmering gem, and then flashes a dazzling smile as a realisation dawns...

And, uhm, the Water Gem? The lovely Aquamarine? :look: Any plans for that at all? :blush:

I'd give it a good home, and make excellent use of it. :sweet:

Thank you it is indeed very pretty and shiny, and I'm sure I can channel the power within it to cause beautiful destruction. :sweet:

Nyx bows as she receives the glimmering gem, and then flashes a dazzling smile as a realisation dawns...

And, uhm, the Water Gem? The lovely Aquamarine? :look: Any plans for that at all? :blush:

I'd give it a good home, and make excellent use of it. :sweet:

There is no water gem... :blush:

The day is drawing to a close, what will the party do?

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 10.5 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 13 Health: 10/18 Ether: 14/14 Gold: 47 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 2 Bones, 1 canteen, Ring, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 11 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 18 Health: 11/20 Gold: 34

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, 2 Canteens, Map, 2 Bones, Fire Gem

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 13 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 19 Health: 16/17 Ether: 14/17 Gold: 34

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 6), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone, 2 Canteens of Water , Gold Staff, Wood Gem

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 5 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 9 Health: 8/9 Ether: 5/9 Gold: 10

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), opal elemental gem, Fire Gem, Earth Gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 2 canteens, Fang Dagger (WP: 3). Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 5 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 8 Health:12/13 Ether:6/10 Gold: 11

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, 3 canteens, x2 Venom, Fire Gem, Lightning gem

I agree that we might need to explore a little further, to ensure we've covered all the ground, gained all the loot and killed all the baddies.

Whilst we decide, I shall drink a canteen of water and suggest Sylph (or someone) does a bit of digging, and then we all rest in our bedrolls. And I'll be dreaming of the Aquamarine that never was. :cry_sad:

"I will first heal Tormek, then give him my tonic In exchange for a canteen (If he's willing of course). Then I'd like to drink from my canteen. Then I'd like to dig then I'd like to sleep."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"I will first heal Tormek, then give him my tonic In exchange for a canteen (If he's willing of course). Then I'd like to drink from my canteen. Then I'd like to dig then I'd like to sleep."

You dig. Then, part of the ground collapses into a hole, it appears this is the entrance to the cave. Will the party go down into its depths?

'Thanks for the heal my fellow clerk,and I indeed accept your trade as I will need that tonic soon enough. I say we enter this suspicious looking cave, there is probably something of use to us inside it'

' I'll drink a canteen also before we get down there'

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

"I say anything to get out of this blasted sun. Let's go exploring! Old caves could have old tombs and that could have some good loot."

"I say anything to get out of this blasted sun. Let's go exploring! Old caves could have old tombs and that could have some good loot."

While I admire your enthusiasm (and who doesn't like a man with vigour? :wink: ) shouldn't we rest first to ensure our Health and Ether are tippety-top before venturing into the dark, dark cavern with its likely nasty beasties? :look:

And don't forget to drink a canteen, Larry. :wink:

The party gets a nice rest, and their bedrolls heal them up. It is morning, and appears the heroes are ready. Do you go down the cave?

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 10.5 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 13 Health: 18/18 Ether: 14/14 Gold: 47 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Fire Bomb,1 Canteen Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 2 Bones, Ring, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 11 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 18 Health: 20/20 Gold: 34

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, 2 Canteens, Map, 2 Bones, Fire Gem

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 13 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 19 Health: 17/17 Ether: 17/17 Gold: 34

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 6), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone, 1 Canteens of Water , Gold Staff, Wood Gem

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 5 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 9 Health: 9/9 Ether: 9/9 Gold: 10

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), opal elemental gem, Fire Gem, Earth Gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 1 canteens, Fang Dagger (WP: 3). Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 5 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 8 Health:13/13 Ether:6/10 Gold: 11

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy,1 canteens, x2 Venom, Fire Gem, Lightning gem

I still think that we should go back to the intersection and explore down the other path. I don't want to miss out on any other loot or XP.default_laugh_new.gif

The adventurers hop down the cave. Luckily, it was a sandy floor, not rock. :wink: Though partly buried was something shiny in the darkness. The Gem/Crystal!

img_0937.jpg

TWO OUT OF THREE TREASURES SUCCESSFULLY FOUND!

What will the party do next?

Yays! Moar treasure! :sweet:

But I'm sure it'd be best to check for traps before we grab the golden crystal.. :sceptic:

Should we dig here after that? And then go back to the intersection?

Yays! Moar treasure! :sweet:

But I'm sure it'd be best to check for traps before we grab the golden crystal.. :sceptic:

Should we dig here after that? And then go back to the intersection?

Woah, what's up with all this 3001 divided by whatever stuff? :wacko: Though I'd still be able to tell it's you (Pandora) just by your delights of treasure and killing. :laugh:

There doesn't appear to be any traps surrounding the crystal.