Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

Yay! :grin:

I'm happy to visit each and every part of town in the order the group desires, certainly starting with the Blacksmith. Who knows what we might find in the various areas? The more information we have before starting to cross the desert, the better in my view.

The majority sees fit to go to the blacksmith. Though the rest of town seems empty. This seems the only place with people, though the blacksmith is deserted too.

The adventurers suddenly draw their weapons as they hear foot steps.

"Psst! Over here, it's me! Thank goodness you are hear! Sorry, I am Muhammed al-Din, the blacksmith, the employer. sent the quest to Heroica hall."

img_0914.jpg

"Why are we talking so late at night? Could you tell us about this dagger?" asks Amorith.

"You see, the guards are suspicions, if they see me at night, they could mistake me for an intruder stealing the kings treasure he has remaining. Sadly, they have already done that to 3 other residents, each week they have an execution. :cry_sad: " replies the blacksmith, "This dagger is almost useless, not balanced for throwing, and too heavy since of the gold hilt, plus the flimsy blade. I could give Sylph 20 gold for it, a fair price. (WP: 2)"

Do the heroes have any other questions?

"Why are you employing us instead of the king?" Asks Amorith.

Then he speaks in a low voice so only his comrades could hear him, "I think we should sell the dagger, that is twice the gold we would get at heroica hall."

"Why are you employing us instead of the king?" Asks Amorith.

Then he speaks in a low voice so only his comrades could hear him, "I think we should sell the dagger, that is twice the gold we would get at heroica hall."

"Because the king is in so much grief, he won't come out into public. That leaves citizen representatives like me to do the work. :wink: "

"Maybe he's just a wacko king. Could you possibly tell us what you need us to do, where you need us to go, and where in town you think we should visit?"

Why is the king grieving, lost treasure is not something to grieve about. Has he lost a member of his family?

No, he lost treasure, he won't come out without his crown.

"Yes, I'll sell you the dagger for 20 gold"

You may edit your signature.

"Maybe he's just a wacko king. Could you possibly tell us what you need us to do, where you need us to go, and where in town you think we should visit?"

'Exactly my good blacksmith, tell us, what are you hiring us for?'

:wall: OOC: Perhaps I should post assignments for future quests more than once... :tongue:

"Well, perhaps we haven't discussed that much, but first thing tomorrow, you will be embarking on a quest! You will trek through the desert to find THREE golden treasures. The Golden Crystal, The Golden Staff, and The Golden Crown. The Eastern Raiders came from the East and sacked town after town. They came here and took our treasure. Though they were unaccustomed to the desert, they got lost and died. The treasure should be where they were hidden, in different ruins and caves. Here is a drawing of their symbol out of a book."

heroica-jipei.jpg

"Some may still be alive, guarding the treasure." says the blacksmith. "Any other questions."

'Why wait until morning? We can safe time if we walk during the night!'

"You should rest, you must be tired adjusting to the time zone change. Besides, I'll be privileged to have you in my company for dinner." says Muhammed.

"I'm privileged to have dinner too!" says Boomingham. "Do you have any other places in town you'd advise us to visit before we leave?"

"I'm privileged to have dinner too!" says Boomingham. "Do you have any other places in town you'd advise us to visit before we leave?"

"No, most people stay indoors now, and the sight of armed men and a crazy shopper woman might be too much to take. No one else would know any information, as far as I know. Now, let's go enjoy some soup!" says the blacksmith.

He beckons them inside.

"Soup sounds good to me" Says Amorith but then he talked in a hushed voice so only his fellow questers could hear him, "I don't trust him, he seems too eager to get us inside and also to talk to no one else. I think we should tread carefully around him."

"Soup sounds good to me" Says Amorith but then he talked in a hushed voice so only his fellow questers could hear him, "I don't trust him, he seems too eager to get us inside and also to talk to no one else. I think we should tread carefully around him."

OOC: Don't worry, he's the guy who employed you. :laugh: No reason to waste time on a quest if all you do is meet the guy an he kills you. :wink: Also, it's not like doesn't want you to talk to no one else, it's just that you can't.

OCC. Just playing in character as a suspicious elf.

And then, the soup makes the heroes cough and feel drowsy.. it was poisoned! Then the blacksmith pulls out the dagger he bought and some wicked handmade halberd and stabs everybody!

"I'm a master of Ninjago Spinjitzu!" :laugh::tongue:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Right. So, end of quest? :laugh:

EDIT. double post

:wall: OOC: Perhaps I should post assignments for future quests more than once... :tongue:

He was just, um, checking that you really are our employer and not an impostor.

Edited by legobodgers

It's first thing tomorrow morning, or today's morning actually... :hmpf: and the heroes ate waken out of bed by the blacksmith.

"Wake up, it's 5:30 already!" shouts Muhammed.

"Ugghhh...." groans Boomingham.

The adventurers get their gear and eat breakfast. At 7:30, they begin to head out. The whole town is cheering on the heroes, like it's a parade.

Even the market woman has dressed her finest for the special event.

img_0942.jpg

Any last minute heals or anything? Do it now! Time ends at 5 o'clock GMT time, it is currently 12:04 GMT time. (or so I believe... :blush: Five hours anyways.)

I believe we're all at full Health and full Ether after that delicious dinner (whatever it was), good sleep (except for Boomer's snoring) and delightful breakfast, so I'm ready to get going! :sweet:

Nyx waves cheerily at the market woman, who may be scowling back... it's difficult to tell in the bright sunshine...

When Muhammed came to wake the heroes up, Amorith was already awake siting in a dark corner, his eyes constantly moving.

He was waiting to test his strength against the raiders.

"I suppose it would be irresponsible to fill my canteens with liquor," Boomingham pouts. "Oh well, I'm ready to go! If I stay in this town any longer I'll have no gold left what-so-ever!"

The heroes begin their journey into the unknown.

"Where first?" asks Boomingham.

Sylph Replies, "It appears, we are heading for the pillar ruins."

heroica_map.jpg

They travel half a day and decide to take a brief rest period.

State your actions, speech, ideas, etc. and the next part will begin sometime in a few hours.

Hint: Remember what you must do, I won't remind you next time. :devil:

Amorith was putting on a show of vigour and energy but his bones ached and his muscles felt like they were on fire.

"Maybe someone should dig here" Amorith suggested. "I am all for some more loot"

OCC: I thought that we only had to drink once every day.

Amorith was putting on a show of vigour and energy but his bones ached and his muscles felt like they were on fire.

"Maybe someone should dig here" Amorith suggested. "I am all for some more loot"

OCC: I thought that we only had to drink once every day.

OOC: You do, but it's just an option of drinking here or the next X.

Okay then, I will not drink here, I will rehydrate in the evening when I will not lose as much fluid through sweat.

I would like to look around this area for any tracks or markings.