Derfel Cadarn

Ultimate Flying Dutchman by Bricktrix

I know some of you may have already seen this, but for those that havn't you really need to check this out! Built by a fellow member of the Brickish Association Carl Greatrix, who is known for his awesome train mocs. He works as a designer for the Lego computer games and so part of his job involves designing the models that appear in the games. This is his version of the Flying Dutchman and its simply breath taking. This is the rendered version, but I will hopeful see him at the upcoming STEAM show and nag him to make this in the brick!

post-273-0-07910100-1363483505_thumb.jpg

See more images on Flickr

Some really great techniques used here, check out more pics at his flickr: http://www.flickr.co...otos/bricktrix/

Oh my god!

That ship is so detailed, and so awesome

If this would be a Lego product, I would settle a camfire in front of the Toys-store to camp for its release!

Thanks for posting Derfel, I never saw it before!

Greetz Bjornu

:pir-oh: Wow! This is simply amazing! For a moment I was certain it was made with real bricks, too bad it's not, but still - :pir-oh:

I want this as a set! Although I'm pretty sure it would cost a fortune. :pir-sceptic:

This is an awesome find for sure! It's LEGO-art in every detail.

I'd love to see this in real, but first I thought this was the real one already so it shouldn't differ too much.

Imagine this to an evenly detailed Black Pearl, or HMS Endeavour :pir-wub:

I only don't like the bowsprit much, but that's also ugly on the real ship.

Anyway, great find!

Why are the pics gone? :pir-tongue:

They don't show up for me.

That's too bad, as I'd have liked to see this, especially with all the positive comments about it. :sceptic:

Hopefully they haven't been deleted for some reason.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

That's strange, why would he delete those pictures, maybe it was classified material ? :pir-vader:

Involving future plans of the Lego Company ???

maybe ? perhaps ? possibly ?

Nah, very unlikely.

That's strange, why would he delete those pictures, maybe it was classified material ? :pir-vader:

Involving future plans of the Lego Company ???

maybe ? perhaps ? possibly ?

Nah, very unlikely.

Thats what I thought! Not sure why he has deleted them all, a bit strange, I'll have to find out.

I think they should switch this guy to the actual sets department. :pir-wub:

This is fantastic in so many ways, but mostly the stern shaping is incredible.

It's interesting to know that the models in the LEGO games are actually "real" mocs that can be brickbuilt or whatever, instead of a non-LEGO "structure" with some elements tacked on.

We did saw that ship a while ago, and its indeed an impressive digital creation, how ever, if you think will Lego make this for real set, absolutly no. Just imagine how much that would coast? But it is still great creation whoever made it.

Captain Becker

I heard they plan to release the flying dutchman. In comparaison of how they made the Blackpearl, I thought this could be the true lego ship for the decade

I think we would all like to see this or another variation of the Dutchman released by LEGO but I can't see it happening. However would love to get that uploaded to design by me and get all the pieces to build it.

The model was made by Carl Greatrix, who works for TT games on LEGO-themed computer games, and who is a fellow member of Brickish. I highly doubt it would ever be released as a set.

Cheers,

Ralph

Looks awesome. I don't care what it looks like or size but if Lego releases it that would be the cooliest thing ever!

Even if they would consider making this a set, there are so many complications to deal with, like solidity, some parts are to easy to break, like the balcony on the stern. The colors also, I imagine it would look less impressive when built in brown bricks and then there are the building insructions, this ship holds many tricky connections. There's no interior either.

This ship would only be good for displaying anyway.

I don't hate this ship, not at all, I love it in fact, I'm just being realistic, it will never become a set :pir_bawling:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Looks to be more of colors in the correct parts to me. Most of that looks totally legit....it's just I don't think

all those parts are available in those colors....................yet. :pir-sweet:

I think there are enough pictures for reference to easily build this version, but I wouldn't attempt it as when I spoke to Carl he said he is really tempted to build it in the brick himself. As for the parts, they are all legit, its just a lot of them are not yet available in those colours, but Carl said he would spray them and he's an expert at that, so I hope to see this one day in brick form, as its the best version i've seen yet!

I think there are enough pictures for reference to easily build this version, but I wouldn't attempt it as when I spoke to Carl he said he is really tempted to build it in the brick himself. As for the parts, they are all legit, its just a lot of them are not yet available in those colours, but Carl said he would spray them and he's an expert at that, so I hope to see this one day in brick form, as its the best version i've seen yet!

Will you ask him to create a set of instructions and list of pieces so others can build it :pir_laugh2:

(I can dream can't I ;) )

Will you ask him to create a set of instructions and list of pieces so others can build it :pir_laugh2:

(I can dream can't I ;) )

Ha, I love this request......and what a dream it would be! I create custom Lego instruction manuals, and

this would be a HUGE undertaking for anyone. I can only imagine how many pages from start to finish....but how sweet

it would be!