Sign in to follow this  
Bayou

[MOC] like if you were in a podracer...

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey, this is a MOC where I try to change the classical point of view of the scene.

For the first time (or you are luckiest than me :laugh: ) you can be in the cockpit of a podracer !

Actually it was design for a contest about tatooine and the size was limited to 32x32 max, so I choose 16x32 for the perspective.

the first picture show like you see if you sit down in the podracer : I find it more realistic, but we can't see the engines and the 2 others pod...so I prefer the second view where you are standing in the podracer (which it's not safe during a race BTW) ... :tongue:

Thanks for yours C&C ...

6168861728_9aa8a9f567.jpg

6168326651_bd33798e1b.jpg

6168861508_2d26fc7dec.jpg

Hi

if you have a manual zoom on you camera, you should move that DURING the acquisition. This gives you a nice warp effect.

Dino

Very cool MOC, Bayou! I have never seen anything quite like this! You have used some interesting techniques to achieve the desired perspective. Well done! Perhaps now you could make a follow-up MOC showing the Death Star trench run from Darth Vader's point of view? :sweet:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This is a really neat idea, and very well realized. The only thing I would change is either make the scenery section larger or take a closer picture. Since you're going for a perspective-based creation I feel like the whole frame should be filled with your creation. So maybe close the gap between the edge of the MOC and the backdrop of where you're taking the picture, if that makes sense. But it's a great creation nonetheless, keep it up :)

Very nice Bayou I love the perspective shots. I also agree with Oky, you should do some trench shots with ether Luke or Vader :thumbup:.

A highly original and fantastic MOC 'Bayou'. :grin:

I wonder what other similar cockpit designs could be MOC'ed ! :wink:

May the Eurobrick be with you ! :grin:

Hello!

There are several things I really like in your scene. The canyon itself look very realistic and the perspective you have chose is very original. :classic: Furthermore I like the energy coupling of the pod racer you have built by merging two flame pieces. Works perfectly! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks guys, I appreciate.

I will think about death star in the same style of point of view... :wink:

In fact, I am thinking about doing the attack of the x-wing just before blowing up the death star I at the end of the episode 4... :sweet: