Nachapon Lego

New advance LDD technic: Precision move and Force collision

6168226961_63dc1155ab_b.jpg

LXF download

10030 Imperial Star Destroyer, I draw this sketch before try to build it. It show that the ideal angle for all hinges is 17.95582373°. But It's impossible to perfect build by normal method because: 1. The hinge at the middle (14 and 2)will not connect. 2. the side bar is 87.89766777 instade of 88 studs long . The left side of the LDD model proof these.(I input 17.95582373° with hinge tool then it become exactly same as the sketch, see lower-left red circles that's 0.10233223 come out and can not connect). We know that LLD allow a very little bricks collision. but by normal move method. The minimal move step is 0.1 Studs and that is too big for allow the collision. In this case we have to 1. make the side bar 0.10233223 shorter but also within collision allow. So I divide it to 0.02046645 x 5 collision places then it works! LDD allow those collisions and I got a 87.89766777 studs long bar to do a perfect assembly(perfect both angle and length). 2. Precise move the middle hinge so it can connect to both side bar and center bar. The result show on the right side of LDD model (red circles). The right double bars are copy form both side then connect at far end to show that they are 0.10233223 different in length (red circle). I will explain how to use this technic soon. see 3rd post.LXF download

6168210697_9acb06b757_b.jpg

lego 10030 _ please find bbqqqbbqqq at youtube by Nachapon S., on Flickr

This is one of the 18 functions that I was post in the topic "LDD 5, what do YOU want?" http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58396&view=findpost&p=1073211

#9. Move select brick to any direction x/y/z by input number.(stud units support decimal)

#7. Tool to apply allow collision property to selected bricks.(can build model that use flexibility of real brick, Why limit ourself and give up the advantage of virtual)

Edited by bbqqq

Hmm, this might be really really useful. Thanks!

A little note just in case: LDD sometimes allows the collision at first, but when you save and load the model back up it deletes the pieces saying they were placed incorrectly. Sometimes it leaves them, sometimes it doesn't. I can never tell when it will or won't. I'm sure you've probably run into this though :tongue:

Hmm, this might be really really useful. Thanks!

A little note just in case: LDD sometimes allows the collision at first, but when you save and load the model back up it deletes the pieces saying they were placed incorrectly. Sometimes it leaves them, sometimes it doesn't. I can never tell when it will or won't. I'm sure you've probably run into this though :tongue:

Thanks, 'alienwar9'. Yes, I have that problem sometime. Maybe the collision is too much. Have to make all collision stable.

6174486092_a2776fc03c.jpg[/url

I make the sketch above wrong scale for easy to look. To move Red brick forward 0.02046645 stud unit. Add Yellow Green Blue.

1. rotate CCW G+B 0.58633084°

2. rotate CW G+Y+R 1.17266167° (about 0.58633084°x 2)

3. rotate CCW R 1.17266167°

Also can use MS Windows's calculator scientific mode to calculate these angles (Trigonometry). If you don't want to move that too precise. Just try to use easy angles like: 1/2/2 1.5/3/3 2/4/4... This method can move brick to any decimal distance in all x/y/z directions.

6173907691_a003130580_b.jpg

ldd precise move by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Very nice. Lots of work and I appreciate it. When opening I get warning that ten (10) bricks were left out. Maybe because I haven't installed the patch. I've looked around the ship and can't see anything amiss. Great work thanks again.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to try and build the 10030 in LDD and instantly ran into the problem of not being able to align the frame at the hinges. I don't quite understand the OP, can anyone try and explain it in simpler terms for me? Sorry, Im not very good with LDD! :blush:

Edited by Godspeed

Sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to try and build the 10030 in LDD and instantly ran into the problem of not being able to align the frame at the hinges. I don't quite understand the OP, can anyone try and explain it in simpler terms for me? Sorry, Im not very good with LDD! :blush:

My flickr account reach 200 pic limmit so some pic not show. I will fix it and explain to you soon.

Edited by bbqqq