@l3x

MOC: Hero Factory Fembot

Here's quick fun MOC that I threw together today. Just a fembot made from Hero Factory parts. I wanted it to be obviously feminine without being offensive or over the top. Let me know what you think!

6165096506_bc07bae27c_z.jpg

6165105598_f3d474454b_z.jpg

6165100014_ca3e63bfae_z.jpg

6165111564_04424ec452_z.jpg

my photostream on flickr

Here's quick fun MOC that I threw together today. Just a fembot made from Hero Factory parts. I wanted it to be obviously feminine without being offensive or over the top. Let me know what you think!

my photostream on flickr

Pretty creative building techniques and part use, but there are a couple things that bother me about this model. For one thing, the hips are extremely wide. I understand the proportions are meant to be sort of cartoony and not realistic, but the end result is a bit awkward because the legs are extremely far apart, making her look "bowlegged". Another problem with the hips is that the Hero torso armor, while it helps fill them out, also causes them to look extremely square where they meet the waist, rather than having gentler curves. Overall, I like the building techniques and the uniqueness they lend the model, but the end result is visually somewhat confusing and not particularly feminine-looking except in a very abstract sense.

With that said, your photography for this model is great! I love the third and fourth poses you show the model in. They're extremely lively and show how the unconventional build you used lends itself to a wide variety of poses.

Pretty creative building techniques and part use, but there are a couple things that bother me about this model. For one thing, the hips are extremely wide. I understand the proportions are meant to be sort of cartoony and not realistic, but the end result is a bit awkward because the legs are extremely far apart, making her look "bowlegged". Another problem with the hips is that the Hero torso armor, while it helps fill them out, also causes them to look extremely square where they meet the waist, rather than having gentler curves. Overall, I like the building techniques and the uniqueness they lend the model, but the end result is visually somewhat confusing and not particularly feminine-looking except in a very abstract sense.

With that said, your photography for this model is great! I love the third and fourth poses you show the model in. They're extremely lively and show how the unconventional build you used lends itself to a wide variety of poses.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm starting to realize that I like slightly wider hips in general for my MOCs, but the main reason for it here is that her torso is an upside down hero torso (meaning that the hip sockets plug into the torso's "shoulders"). Which also necessitated some kind of "loin cloth" since the hero neck is jutting out from between her legs. In fact, several of my recent MOCs have used this upside-down torso technique—this, Zodiac, Ted-E, and Mickey Mouse (who I plan on re-shooting soon since I completely revamped his head). Maybe this would be a good project to come back to and add a custom torso so I could narrow those hips and get rid of the "skirt."

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm starting to realize that I like slightly wider hips in general for my MOCs, but the main reason for it here is that her torso is an upside down hero torso (meaning that the hip sockets plug into the torso's "shoulders"). Which also necessitated some kind of "loin cloth" since the hero neck is jutting out from between her legs. In fact, several of my recent MOCs have used this upside-down torso technique—this, Zodiac, Ted-E, and Mickey Mouse (who I plan on re-shooting soon since I completely revamped his head). Maybe this would be a good project to come back to and add a custom torso so I could narrow those hips and get rid of the "skirt."

i would just get breez 2.0 and get breez 1.0 ' s head and stormers torso peice . it would make a good feminine bot.

(ps : do you think a breez 3.0 would be based on a green snake? )

i would just get breez 2.0 and get breez 1.0 ' s head and stormers torso peice . it would make a good feminine bot.

(ps : do you think a breez 3.0 would be based on a green snake? )

My twin brother came up with a tree frog/poison dart frog as a possible "animal form" for Breez. It's compatible in color, dangerous, and able to make use of some of the parts already designed for the 3.0 wave (although she'd need a new helmet). Snakes meet all of these requirements but the third-- what snake-like weapons or other attributes could you give to a humanoid hero in 35 pieces or less?

Anyway, I think the point of this MOC was more to explore the creative use of new Hero Factory pieces for a feminine character than to make a slightly-more-feminine design for a basic Hero.

Aanchir, your twin brother has great idea about Breez. I can't imagine something better.

As for model, I think it's awkward. If you tried to do your MOC in cartoon style, I hasn't seen this style from the first look. The first thought I had: "Her head is too big." However, you said that this is your quick-build, and I must say that for quick-build you done it very well. Also I must say that with HF 2.0 building system the quick-builds has came more simple.

Anyway, keep experimenting, I like new ideas!

Edited by -N13OS-