slovakiasteph

weirdest place you've found random LEGO?

Do you all ever go back to the place where you found the LEGO, just to see if more has magically shown up? :wink: I can't help but walking to the back of my classroom just in case... :laugh:

Haha yes! I went back to my mailbox where I found my Kraana, but there was never anything new! :cry_sad: It's always fun to wish though :tongue:

I found an old dusty red 2x1 brick behind the stove in my apartment. It wasnt mine.

Edited by Rolltron

I found an old dusty red 2x1 brick behind the stove in my apartment. It wasnt mine.

I went to my local Speedway stadium the other day , I go to sit down and find a Yoda minifigure ( not the ugly one :P) I gave him a wipe and he went in my pocket. Hopefully I won't bump into who ever dropped it, as my friend was telling me, when he was a kid he saw this lad ( about 6) with his mum drop a minifigure . My friend picked it up and the boy must of realized he dropped it, turned round and started crying. My friend HAD to give it back :S

I went to my local Speedway stadium the other day , I go to sit down and find a Yoda minifigure ( not the ugly one :P) I gave him a wipe and he went in my pocket. Hopefully I won't bump into who ever dropped it, as my friend was telling me, when he was a kid he saw this lad ( about 6) with his mum drop a minifigure . My friend picked it up and the boy must of realized he dropped it, turned round and started crying. My friend HAD to give it back :S

Of course you would give it back.. to deprive a child of their lost toy would be pretty heartless.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he grew up to be an influential person in lego or an admin of this site, he would blacklist your friend and tell all the stores to not sell him any lego! :laugh:

Anyway, I once found a 2x4 and a 2x8 blue brick in my school until I realised it came from the primary school's kindergarden lego supply. :hmpf_bad:

Wouldn't it be ironic if he grew up to be an influential person in lego or an admin of this site, he would blacklist your friend and tell all the stores to not sell him any lego! :laugh:

Anyway, I once found a 2x4 and a 2x8 blue brick in my school until I realised it came from the primary school's kindergarden lego supply. :hmpf_bad:

XD Yeah, So THATS why I got banned from Legoland XD XD

I once found one of those old red gates that LEGO used to do :P It came from the local school, but it was outside the grounds of the school so HA!

And it may of been heartless but the kid was a brat, he lived nearby where my friend lived, used to shout at him and everything and scream that he stole more LEGO :p

I once found a jack stone figure between the seats of a theatre. I kept it but I still have not been able to give it away. :tongue:

The weirdest place I ever found LEGO was in... the trash. :cry_sad:

Well the bricks don't was mixed with organic trash :cry_happy: , they were separated in other small transparent bag in the street, most of the bricks were from Paradisa theme and late 1980s and early 1990s Town sets, as a fan of LEGO, I took the bricks :blush: , and washed them, now they're in use again.

Hmm, here in Mexico it's RARE to actually see any LEGO. The only stores that sell them are so greedy;( 120 dollars for the Mill village raid? haha, good one; 200+ dollars for the hogwarts express? wait what?; 40 dollars for the forbidden forest? Oh please, go rip someone else..

But there's nothing I can do! This mall called Liverpool has the "monopoly" of LEGO, and that gives them right to set freaky prices some people actually pay! -.- (If all the mexican toy stores and supermarkets started to sell well LEGO and get good stock, Liverpool would have to set lower prices obv.)

Anyways, sorry for going off-topic. The only time I saw a little brick on the street was a while ago.. it wasn't even LEGO, it was a cheap plastic brick with bird poo or I don't know what was it, but I just ignored it.

Meh :sad::sceptic:

Hmm, here in Mexico it's RARE to actually see any LEGO. The only stores that sell them are so greedy;( 120 dollars for the Mill village raid? haha, good one; 200+ dollars for the hogwarts express? wait what?; 40 dollars for the forbidden forest? Oh please, go rip someone else..

But there's nothing I can do! This mall called Liverpool has the "monopoly" of LEGO, and that gives them right to set freaky prices some people actually pay! -.- (If all the mexican toy stores and supermarkets started to sell well LEGO and get good stock, Liverpool would have to set lower prices obv.)

Anyways, sorry for going off-topic. The only time I saw a little brick on the street was a while ago.. it wasn't even LEGO, it was a cheap plastic brick with bird poo or I don't know what was it, but I just ignored it.

Meh :sad::sceptic:

Same here in Costa Rica. :sceptic:

The weirdest place I ever found a lot of LEGO was in the top shelf of my sister's closet. Much of the closet had remained uncleaned in the 17 years since my parents bought the house, and we were finding all sorts of relics from their past and from the previous owners - an old typewriter, really old clothes, some old papers. Then all of a sudden, we find a big blue bucket full of standard bricks! Even better, inside there were all the pieces and instructions to an Ice Planet 2002 set from the year before my parents bought the house! So either the kindly old couple that lived there before us were quite literally 'closet' AFOLs, or they had a very disappointed grandson at Christmas 1993 because his present was still in the closet!

So either the kindly old couple that lived there before us were quite literally 'closet' AFOLs, or they had a very disappointed grandson at Christmas 1993 because his present was still in the closet!

"closet" AFOLs, lol! That's a nice find!

I don't recall finding any LEGO in weird places, other than an occasional small bit that I have no idea where it came from, but my friend told me he found the swords from Tahu Nuva on the road, but they were fairly well ran over and pretty useless.

Here's my story...

I was kayaking in Croatia to a small island, and found a creepy abandoned school. Wishful thinking mostly but I began hping that there was some Legothat'd been left over when they empied it- and there was! a fine selection of 15 peices, jammed under the floorboards! I still keep those parts (Including one arch and a broken technic beam) built into a stupid-looking spaceship.

:shark: That was what made my holiday worthwhile (Actually no, I'm not that weird)

Actually, I also have two other strange finds...

Firstly, I was looking through my local primary school's skip (It was during their holidays) naturally, pulling out fully functional computers and tons of impossible-to-open paint pots, and I found most of this set!

:shark: Best trash search ever!

Secondly, I was walking down the drive from my friends, and saw dozens of old Forestmen and Bluecoat torso's (But barely anything else, one arm on one Forestman and mangled legs for some of them) and he allowed me to keep them due to their apalling condition. Yay for apalling condition!

:pir_laugh2: "So that's where my body went!"

Yesterday, I found one of these behind a computer keyboard in one of the video editing rooms at work (I work in television):

lego-city-police-minifigure-dog.jpg

I really can't imagine how it got there. I meant to bring it home with me, but forgot it. Well, it'll probably still be there on Monday.

Today I was walking through the parking lot at school to go outside to gym. I saw a Hero Factory Quaza spike on the ground. By the time I registered it in my mind, i had already passed it. :( I came back to it before getting on the bus to go home, and it was still there! I picked it up and now have a Hero Factory part.

Yesterday, I found one of these behind a computer keyboard in one of the video editing rooms at work (I work in television):

I really can't imagine how it got there. I meant to bring it home with me, but forgot it. Well, it'll probably still be there on Monday.

Was it still there on Monday? That's an interesting place to find a LEGO part...

Where have I found LEGO pieces?

Let's see...

In Spring '94, I was exploring the woods around my place, and found a rotting old Ford pickup. Found off road dead. In the back, I found enough pieces to fill a Spam can, including a few I found some time later when digging thru all the trash that was in the back of said truck, specifically to find out if there was any more pieces. Those pieces are still in said Spam can, sitting in a metal cabinet in the garage. They're quite weathered. A year or 2 later, when cleaning a spot in the woods, not far from the Ford, I found a blue 2x2 plate under the vegetation. It looked like-new.

On a power-line road south of my place, I found a handful of pieces in a couch, and a few miles East, another handful in a box of solvent-smelling trash. The bricks had that smell, which went away after a few weeks. Then a few Duplo bricks near the site of the first find. Cleaned them up, and gave them to my niece, who was a tot at the time. I used to frequent said power-line road looking for metal and things like dead appliances, for the metal. Probably made a few 100 bucks on the power-line road metal alone, from '96 to '01. Last few times I was thru there, there was not much illegal dumping going on anymore, so no more free metal.

I found a blue Duplo 2x4 brick on Sunset Blvd in LA in Fall '04.

I'll use the edit function when I recall more.

Was it still there on Monday? That's an interesting place to find a LEGO part...

I forgot it until just as I was leaving work this afternoon. Then it suddenly turned up - so I grabbed it and gave it a new home. Here it is:

doggie.jpg

Strangely twice while moving, though one time it wasn't actually me but my sister who found a white minifig-arm with yellow hand, a red cap-piece as well as a 8x1 tile in white and a 6x1 plate in red upon renovating the house they moved into some years ago. Still these parts linger in the same plastic bag in which she gave them to me ^^. I myself found a very uninteresting 2x4 brick in white dented, bitten-into (!) and yellowed strongly when I moved into my present apartment. Strange thing: my landlord's son was just about finished refurbishing the place yet the brick somehow survived in it's place no matter all the heavy duty work done ^^ Straaange!

Be well all!

Cutty

I once found a Fabuland Figure in my local park LAST Year and a Red Pirates boat in the middle of bluewater. Needless to say I picked them up!

Although my friend found a pack of series 2 on the floor, picked it up, gave it to me.

I opened it and it was a Spartan!