Sebeus I

Spanish sloop of war

thindexedgif.gif 106B

I learned from Corioso's Brig, the Admiral Forster, that you don't need to use the top part of the new hull sets :imperialguard_commander1:

Which is great actually because making a good looking stern with those new hull pieces is difficult. The old ones were much better for larger ships.

Either way, the two part characteristic of the new hulls allow a different kind of style.

1315771455m_DISPLAY.jpg

I used a lot of parts from my QAR, originally I wanted to make a hemaphrodite brigantine but I eventually decided that it was better to save masts for other ships so it turned out to be (and please correct me if I'm wrong) a square rigged sloop.

(I'm not sure of taht because it has three courses of sails :pir-cry_sad: )

I'm pretty proud of my sail plan :pir_laugh2: .

1315771498m_DISPLAY.jpg

1315771262m_DISPLAY.jpg

1315771383m_DISPLAY.jpg

1315771313m_DISPLAY.jpg

The crew ;

1315771520m_SPLASH.jpg

1315771537m_SPLASH.jpg

The cabin's interior ;

1315771020m_DISPLAY.jpg

By the way, you might have noticed there are black cannon hatches on port side while there are white ones on starboard side.

I was out of black hatches :pir-cry_sad:

Wow awesome work. I really like the sail structure and how you used the colors of the QAR. The back looks very nice as well.

Great job :thumbup:

She sure is a beautiful ship (or He- I'm not sure what you meant by a "hemaphodite ship"). She's probably my favourite kind of ship- that is, one that maybe small, but has a lot of detail. The bow is especially impressive (and I think my British Spies might steal some ideas from that, [insert cackle here]). There are also fire buckets in front of the wheel, which I have not seen much of on this site. My only beef is with the capstan- it's a little tiny, and seems like it would be hard for the men to grab onto to turn. That's the only flaw in this work. Other than that, she's perfect.

Nice ship :thumbup: My favourite parts are the part for the figurehead (scheg in Dutch) and the cabin interior.

Just like on Dreamweb's ship I see a golden statue on the stern which looks very good.

If you'd want to go for historical accuracy, I would remove the forecastle deck, but it's a nice ship nevertheless.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Building Instructions? :pir-classic:

I really loe how you managed to´make the shape of the ship so realistic and the colours are just :pir-wub:

I agree at the forecastle deck is a bit too high. But i still love it. Andi was serios when i asked building instructions, start making those now! :pir-grin:

PS: What other pieces you used for this? Because you sayed you used "Most" of the ship parts from QAR. But not totallly. So Instructions and partlist. i know that this is a lot asked, but i would like to try this one out my self too.

Captain Becer

EDIT: Changed my PS text.

Edited by Captain Becker

Building Instructions? :pir-classic:

I really loe how you managed to´make the shape of the ship so realistic and the colours are just :pir-wub:

I agree at the forecastle deck is a bit too high. But i still love it. Andi was serios when i asked building instructions, start making those now! :pir-grin:

PS: What other pieces you used for this? Because you sayed you used "Most" of the ship parts from QAR. But not totallly. So Instructions and partlist. i know that this is a lot asked, but i would like to try this one out my self too.

Captain Becer

EDIT: Changed my PS text.

well this is a relative simple ship so I could try building instructions, Let's see LDD will do :pir-laugh:

This is a lovely ship! The colourscheme works well and you did a good job with the sail plan. Its nice to see some different techniques here, the use of the bottom half of the new bow/stern piece works well, and I think its a technique that will be used quite a lot in the future. I also like the sloped part of the bow which looks interesting, as well as the gold tridents on the stern. Nice job! Ive been a fan of your ships for many years from mocpages, and you have always tried different interesting techniques! Keep up the good work

I really enjoy the fact that you used the Queen Anne's Revenge sails for the ship. They look very impresive and fit well with the Spanish theme :pir-sweet:

Great looking ship,

really like the way you used a square sail as a spanker

also a great eye for detail on the whole ship

Bart

(...)My favourite parts are the part for the figurehead (scheg in Dutch)

(...)

the English name would be skeg

A Sloop!

My favorite pirate vessel. :pir_laugh2:

I'm going to build one too, Soon :jollyroger:

Great MOC !

greetz bjornu

I love it! The SNOTted prow stands out especially to me, it's so smooth. :pir-wub:

As always with your ships this gives a lot of inspiration. Keep it up!

Really nice sloop!

I saw your Ship is Indexed, what does it mean and how did it get Indexed?

Greetz Bjornu

Really nice sloop!

I saw your Ship is Indexed, what does it mean and how did it get Indexed?

Greetz Bjornu

It means it is in the pirate ship index, a thumbnail of the ship along with other ships, sorted by type of vessel.

you can ask to add a ship in this tread (provide a link to your post)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19972&st=0

Eventually it will be added in this tread

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23991

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Hey Sebeus. Very nice ship, I love it with the Spaniards. May i post my Black Pearl in the certain thread - i used some of your techniques of your ships. Would name it. ( id have pn'ed you about that but there always occurs an error?)

Hey Sebeus. Very nice ship, I love it with the Spaniards. May i post my Black Pearl in the certain thread - i used some of your techniques of your ships. Would name it. ( id have pn'ed you about that but there always occurs an error?)

Please make a new thread to post your MOC's in.

strange, sorry for the late response, I just came back from germany,

you can just start your own tread for your black pearl, you can always mention my techniques, the same way I mentionned Corioso for the lower cabin Idea :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum