Fives

Kingdoms 2012?

was just coming to report that, highly unusual if you ask me. :sceptic:

Not even 6 months it has been on the market and on clearance already? I am thinking Kingoms is done. The Joust will probably only last less than a year like the IFS, no where near the time MMV has been on the market (3-4 years almost)

was just coming to report that, highly unusual if you ask me. :sceptic:

Not even 6 months it has been on the market and on clearance already? I am thinking Kingoms is done. The Joust will probably only last less than a year like the IFS, no where near the time MMV has been on the market (3-4 years almost)

I think it's on sale, not on clearance - it's one of a whole bunch of sets across all themes that just got discounted for Black Friday (and perhaps staying at the discounted prices, perhaps not; we'll see).

If by "IFS" you mean the Imperial Flagship, that came out in early 2010, so it's been out well over a year (though I'd prefer it to remain even longer).

If we only get the joust set in 2012 and its replaced by some other licensed theme :sick:

Is there still a chance of getting a castle advent calendar for Christmas 2012? We are due for a new one next year. Since they have already made some new characters for next year.. It would be pretty easy for Lego to put the new maiden, prince, Black Falcon Knight and a couple of soldiers into an advent calendar. It would be a great way to get multiples of the popular characters. And if its released 6 months after the joust it could keep the line going until 2013.

it could work.

As I recently noted over in the Star Wars forum, for the past few years they've released two advent calendars each year - one City and one from some other theme, which changes from year to year:

2007 - Belville

2008 - Castle

2009 - Pirates

2010 - Kingdoms

2011 - Star Wars

From this, I think it's clear their strategy is to choose a different theme each year, and it simply worked out that 2008 and 2010 both had advent calendars from the current castle theme; even then, I think they did it only because they were different eras / subthemes (Castle and Kingdoms) of the overall, decades-old castle theme. That's not to say we absolutely won't get a castle advent calendar next year, but I don't think it's especially likely, even if Kingdoms continues.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I have lived through lean times beofre in castle world. I have 20+ years of castle collecting (brickshelf member dgh) and I think Lego does a good job of using great sets to bridge the gap.

In 2001 and 2002 We got a re-release of the Guarded Inn and the Black Falcon Fortress and in between we got the Blacksmith Shop exclusive. All came after the original crownies fought the bulls. Then after the exclusives we got the Easter Egg Knights (Morcia vs Vladek)

Likewise the MMV came in between the fantasy trolls vs new Crownies and Dwarfs

Now in 2012, another lean time unless you count:

The Joust Super Set (want 3).

Collectable Minifigs Highlander (want 25), Roman (50), Mythical minetaur(sic)(15), Female viking (25), Bag pipe guy (3) and red eyed Knight (25). Even the Bride, Neptune, Genie, Red Riding Hood, Fan Dancer and others have castle value

We also have the VIP exclusive CMF results super set. We could get both the Elf and Spartan warrior. Maybe even a Robin Hood. By the way any news on this CMF set of I think five figures.

Hey guys, after joining a guild and doing the challenges I've gotten into the medievil kinda phase, I haven't gotten any of the latest kingdom sets yet and was wondering when exactly will they be discontinued? summer 2012? sooner or later?

Also as a kind of side note, any speculation on a future middle-far east theme? currently it would be ninjago which I know is actiony but really is more historicallyish and before ninjago it was prince of persia, I wouldn't include pharoh's quest because that is definately more actiony but still has historic value.

Hey guys, after joining a guild and doing the challenges I've gotten into the medievil kinda phase, I haven't gotten any of the latest kingdom sets yet and was wondering when exactly will they be discontinued? summer 2012? sooner or later?

Also as a kind of side note, any speculation on a future middle-far east theme? currently it would be ninjago which I know is actiony but really is more historicallyish and before ninjago it was prince of persia, I wouldn't include pharoh's quest because that is definately more actiony but still has historic value.

I'm not too sure when really. But since the sets from the first wave are selling out about one year after they came out, and with the LOTR line most likely coming mid 2012. I would guess that this line will also last a year; near summer 2012. Maybe even earlier next year, to make room for LOTR. So I would say start collecting them as soon as you can!

Though asking an ambassador to LEGO would be a good idea to find out.

I hope this LOTR stuff isn't accurate, I like the older themes and want Lego to bring them back.

Well It is... armor and figs will be well worth it. We will finally get a bad guy army that doesn't suck (imo)

No idea, but I do know that I'm hopping on the post Christmas sale and loading up. I bought a Mill Village Raid for my son for Xmas on sale at TRU a few months ago, but other than that haven't bought any Kingdoms sets recently. I think I'll have to get an MMV or two, plus whatever else goes on sale. Might get some Pharaoh's Quest too if they have that on sale. I don't think it's worth waiting until the end of the line; my local store has no Mill Village Raids left for instance.

Might also think about the Atlantis Set that looks like a Roman Temple in advance of the Roman minifigs

Might also think about the Atlantis Set that looks like a Roman Temple in advance of the Roman minifigs

I thought about that too, also with LOTR elven temple anyone?, I did actually mention it to my local toy shop and she got some in probably thinking I'd buy one but that's when I went on a brake from Lego for about 6 months and I haven't stepped foot in there yet. Next time I get a chance though, fingers crossed she still has some Kingdom sets. I really want that Mill Village Raid, those goats are just too irresistable, fwar! :wub:

@ Alex - That sounds about right, mid year, so I better get my hands on some ASAP.

Well It is... armor and figs will be well worth it. We will finally get a bad guy army that doesn't suck (imo)

I also think the LOTR rumors are true. It hardly seems possible that all these signs and rumors are baseless.

The minifigs are the part of the line I am most excited about. I bet the new weapons will be sick.

I don't think it's worth waiting until the end of the line; my local store has no Mill Village Raids left for instance.

I agree with you there. LEGO shop at home is currently sold out of MVR, and I have yet to see any kingdoms sets besides the carriage set in local stores. I bought 3 MVRs a couple weeks ago during the sale for only $120 :sweet:

I also think the LOTR rumors are true. It hardly seems possible that all these signs and rumors are baseless.

The minifigs are the part of the line I am most excited about. I bet the new weapons will be sick.

What signs? There is an article that has been misread and you are quoting the guy who is the one saying there will be sets. Now, he may be right, but there are no signs. There is one guy saying it will happen and a whole lot of hope and discussion built out of nothing. This is not a "the writing is on the wall" type situation.

What signs? There is an article that has been misread and you are quoting the guy who is the one saying there will be sets. Now, he may be right, but there are no signs. There is one guy saying it will happen and a whole lot of hope and discussion built out of nothing. This is not a "the writing is on the wall" type situation.

I heard from more than one person there are LOTR or Hobbit sets coming, but I do not expect you to take my word for it (I would not if I were you). So as far as "signs" go...

1. No castle sets announced yet for 2012 (other than the joust).

2. LEGO shop at home is sold out of most of the kingdoms sets, and right before the holiday season. I assume they are making room for something else.

3. Did I hear mention of a video game being kept under wraps? Raises suspicions as to why they would hide it... would probably give away the new theme coming...

4. Hobbit move coming out in 2012.

5. LOTR DVDs being re released.

6. LEGO is license happy right now.

7. A similar "rumor" preceded the release of the MVR last year around this time.

So no the writing is not technically on the wall yet, but it might as well be. If I am wrong then I will gladly apolo... forget it I am not wrong :wink:

I heard from more than one person there are LOTR or Hobbit sets coming, but I do not expect you to take my word for it (I would not if I were you). So as far as "signs" go...

1. No castle sets announced yet for 2012 (other than the joust).

2. LEGO shop at home is sold out of most of the kingdoms sets, and right before the holiday season. I assume they are making room for something else.

3. Did I hear mention of a video game being kept under wraps? Raises suspicions as to why they would hide it... would probably give away the new theme coming...

4. Hobbit move coming out in 2012.

5. LOTR DVDs being re released.

6. LEGO is license happy right now.

7. A similar "rumor" preceded the release of the MVR last year around this time.

So no the writing is not technically on the wall yet, but it might as well be. If I am wrong then I will gladly apolo... forget it I am not wrong :wink:

1) Castle is a later in the year theme and we generally don't hear about that half of the year at this point. Are there any City sets announced for the second half of 2012 yet?

2) There are a number of possible reasons for this. For instance, all but one of those are from last year. Also, in what I am sure is a total coincidence, several stores had the one current sold out set on sale recently. TLG also put that set on sale, is it a surprise it sold out? And making room for something else does not mean making room for LotR.

3) A Hobbit video game from the people who make LEGO games, WB games. WB, owner of New Line Cinema, distributor of LotR. WB games also made Mortal Kombat, where are those sets?

4) Meaningless with no other connection.

5) Meaningless with no other connection. Back to the Future was recently released on Blu Ray... so what?

6) Courting licenses in general has no bearing on courting a specific license. Otherwise being license happy would apply to every possible license out there.

7) What?

Speaking of the Joust set and patterns, we got another wave of Castle sets after the MMV was released.

This is a list of maybes that don't connect to one another and that could be applied to other licenses. WB made a new Mortal Kombat game. The recent Mortal Kombat series is out on Blu Ray. Rumblings of a third movie have been coming for a while now. The Collectible figures line has several obviously martial figures and Ninjago is filled with martial artists. It all adds up, A MK license is in the works.

See what I mean. Maybe a LotR series is coming. I don't doubt the possibility. What I don't get is how a number of people are making some pretty titanic logical leaps to make it sound like it's a done deal.

Edit to add: What I mean is that the evidence makes sense, if you start already operating under the assumption that a LotR license is coming. Taken as parts, they don't add up to the whole.

Edited by Tyrant

1) Castle is a later in the year theme and we generally don't hear about that half of the year at this point. Are there any City sets announced for the second half of 2012 yet?

2) There are a number of possible reasons for this. For instance, all but one of those are from last year. Also, in what I am sure is a total coincidence, several stores had the one current sold out set on sale recently. TLG also put that set on sale, is it a surprise it sold out? And making room for something else does not mean making room for LotR.

3) A Hobbit video game from the people who make LEGO games, WB games. WB, owner of New Line Cinema, distributor of LotR. WB games also made Mortal Kombat, where are those sets?

4) Meaningless with no other connection.

5) Meaningless with no other connection. Back to the Future was recently released on Blu Ray... so what?

6) Courting licenses in general has no bearing on courting a specific license. Otherwise being license happy would apply to every possible license out there.

7) What?

Speaking of the Joust set and patterns, we got another wave of Castle sets after the MMV was released.

This is a list of maybes that don't connect to one another and that could be applied to other licenses. WB made a new Mortal Kombat game. The recent Mortal Kombat series is out on Blu Ray. Rumblings of a third movie have been coming for a while now. The Collectible figures line has several obviously martial figures and Ninjago is filled with martial artists. It all adds up, A MK license is in the works.

See what I mean. Maybe a LotR series is coming. I don't doubt the possibility. What I don't get is how a number of people are making some pretty titanic logical leaps to make it sound like it's a done deal.

1. We did hear about the new Kingdoms sets in December. I even have a word document with pictures of the new sets that was created in December, so of this I am sure.

2. I understand the MVR selling out makes sense because of the sale, but why have they not restocked any of the 2010 sets? The Kingdoms line has no castle for parents to buy kids for Christmas!

3. The Mortal Combat/ninja area is currently occupied by Ninjago.

4. Could be meaningless, but combined with the other signs makes sense to me.

5. See 4.

6. See 4.

7. See 1.

Yes the MMV preceded another wave of castle, but that could be meaningless. Did the fantasy theme sell out of all their sets from the previous year right before the holidays?

Perhaps my logic (or lack thereof) is flawed. You do bring up some good points. No real way to end this discussion until the toy fairs I am guessing, so... cheers!

Edited by BTappel

For what it's worth, Brickpedia says the following:

Kingdoms is castle subtheme, that is the direct successor to the Fantasy Era Castle theme, and was released in mid-2010, and is still continuing in mid-2011, and a set listing Dutch toy shop suggests that it will probably continue into 2012.

As big a fan of Tolkien as I am, I would rather not have a LOTR wave. The thought of fleshie figs terrifies me, jk. No really, there is still so much potential with the Kingdom line, and I would really hope that LEGO did not prematurely end it.

In the the new Joust set, there is a Black Falcon Knight. For me, this is much more substantial evidence (as opposed to a rumor of LOTR) that Kingdoms is continuing with a new faction(s).

1. We did hear about the new Kingdoms sets in December. I even have a word document with pictures of the new sets that was created in December, so of this I am sure.

2. I understand the MVR selling out makes sense because of the sale, but why have they not restocked any of the 2010 sets? The Kingdoms line has no castle for parents to buy kids for Christmas!

3. The Mortal Combat/ninja area is currently occupied by Ninjago.

4. Could be meaningless, but combined with the other signs makes sense to me.

5. See 4.

6. See 4.

7. See 1.

Yes the MMV preceded another wave of castle, but that could be meaningless. Did the fantasy theme sell out of all their sets from the previous year right before the holidays?

Perhaps my logic (or lack thereof) is flawed. You do bring up some good points. No real way to end this discussion until the toy fairs I am guessing, so... cheers!

1) And it's Dec. 6th, we still have 3/4 of the month to go. Last year we still had no confirmation at this time. There were still people saying the line was dead. Then, around Christmas, boom. Proof.

2) Why would they restock any of them aside from the castle? Beyond that, as I recall the Winter Toy Shop sold out the first time around and wasn't restocked until after Christmas (given the nature of the set, Christmas is the obviously ideal time to try to sell it). As for the castle itself, why restock it and flood the shelves if there is a new one coming in the next wave for the Dragons (or Falcons, I suppose)?

3) But Ninjago hasn't been confirmed to return in 2020 yet, maybe it will come out then... Alternatively, given that LotR will have about as much crossover with Castle as Ninjago would with Mortal Kombat, why would one automatically knock out the other? Seriously, where is the cross over between Castle and LotR? It isn't in the castles or the time frame.

4) Taken with the others it's still meaningless. Those tidbits mean there is a marketing push for LotR, not that there will be LEGO sets. It appears to be an ideal time, if all parties were so inclined, nothing more. There is still nothing beyond one poster saying that TLG is actually going to pursue this. Just because it's a good time doesn't mean they want to do it.

What I am saying is that the other tidbits only make sense if you start with the assumption that the sets are coming. None of the tidbits say the sets are coming. Together, they don't say the sets are coming. All they say is that the folks with money on the line are about to push LotR to tie in with the Hobbit (presumably). That does not equal LEGO sets. The folks that own Assassin's Creed are pushing it right now (new game, some type of offering on DVD, novels, figures too I think), where are the LEGO sets? That's what I am saying. Those tidbits, taken in hindsight after an announcement, would make someone see why they made sets when they made them. Taken now, they don't mean anything for LEGO.

Maybe LotR is coming. It's possible. The evidence, however, is entirely hinging on one poster saying it will happen. The other bits could mean any number of other things that have no relation to a potential LEGO LotR license. The only reason it seems like it will happen is because people keep saying it without considering there is only the word of one poster (who, again, may be right) that really says "LotR LEGO is coming".

As far as I've heard, there's talk about LEGO LOTR video game, which (for me) counts as the biggest proof. Mortal Kombat was just a ordinary game, not a LEGO minifigures game and as such has no connections to LEGO what so ever. Or did I miss something?!

If I add my two cents, I feel very suspicious about this theme. For one reason, we all know there's people around here that have proofs and have maybe even seen things, but are not allowed to tell. That's why they are mostly calming us down to wait and see. I think if it wasn't for this theme to come out, they'd just be like; yeah good idea, but sorry it's not happening ...

As far as I've heard, there's talk about LEGO LOTR video game, which (for me) counts as the biggest proof. Mortal Kombat was just a ordinary game, not a LEGO minifigures game and as such has no connections to LEGO what so ever. Or did I miss something?!

Care to share where you hear that? If it's where I think it is, it's misquoting another article. The original article says that they are making a Hobbit game, and a LEGO game (I think it was a new Batman LEGO game). Somewhere in the internet rumor machine that got warped into meaning they were making a Hobbit LEGO game, even though the article does not say that. This was the start of the rumor and it has grown built on this faulty premise.

The rest of what I wrote was to explain why WB games, makers of some LEGO games and Mortal Kombat (to provide a random example of other games they make) would make a non LEGO Hobbit game (because New Line is owned by WB).

If I add my two cents, I feel very suspicious about this theme. For one reason, we all know there's people around here that have proofs and have maybe even seen things, but are not allowed to tell. That's why they are mostly calming us down to wait and see. I think if it wasn't for this theme to come out, they'd just be like; yeah good idea, but sorry it's not happening ...

Have any of those people other than On Stranger Tides said anything?

Yes, might have been just rumors and also a false one, didn't follow this theme's discussions so strictly, so it might have been misunderstood by me or already explained otherwise in the Licensed theme forum. Just remember reading about it and am not searching for it since I didn't mark it anywhere ...

Anyway, I'm just stating my opinion and how I picture myself all the things going on about this theme. Also I'm too new here and don't know anyone in person, so I don't know who the "insiders" are and whom to believe and who's just making a fool of everyone. I find Derfels post on page 17 interesting, though I have no idea if the person has any connection to LEGO. Of course the post was sarcastic with the cereals box, but hey, some people understand things differently and some rethink them twice ...

Anyway as I've already said it was just my opinion and my picture of everything and I don't mean to argue with anyone. And have in mind there's always pessimists and optimists and there's people who like the theme's idea and those who don't. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the supporting pessimist and the optimist who is against the idea :D

lol

Yes, might have been just rumors and also a false one, didn't follow this theme's discussions so strictly, so it might have been misunderstood by me or already explained otherwise in the Licensed theme forum. Just remember reading about it and am not searching for it since I didn't mark it anywhere ...

Anyway, I'm just stating my opinion and how I picture myself all the things going on about this theme. Also I'm too new here and don't know anyone in person, so I don't know who the "insiders" are and whom to believe and who's just making a fool of everyone. I find Derfels post on page 17 interesting, though I have no idea if the person has any connection to LEGO. Of course the post was sarcastic with the cereals box, but hey, some people understand things differently and some rethink them twice ...

Anyway as I've already said it was just my opinion and my picture of everything and I don't mean to argue with anyone. And have in mind there's always pessimists and optimists and there's people who like the theme's idea and those who don't. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the supporting pessimist and the optimist who is against the idea :D

Just remain calm. Come on, you don't think Lego would really do a LOTR theme do you? Seems like some people will believe anything these days :classic:

If LEGO does not do LOTR in 2012 (or even if they do) I hope they continue the Kingdoms theme instead of replacing it. The line has been great for minifigs, and the sets contain lots of good pieces (sets worth buying multiples of). I think it is the best castle theme in a long time, and with the introduction of a new faction in 2012 it would be a shame to see it go. I feel it has more left to accomplish.