Sign in to follow this  
MattieG7

White background on LDD photos?

Hello everyone :sweet:

I've seen some pictures of some MOCs on LDD, and I've noticed that most of them seem to be on a white background. Could someone possibly tell me how to do that? :classic:

Thanks for taking the time to read this :tongue:

Matt

I've seen some pictures of some MOCs on LDD, and I've noticed that most of them seem to be on a white background. Could someone possibly tell me how to do that? :classic:

Matt

Just take a screenshot using LDD function "Take a screenshot" - CTRL+K.

Just take a screenshot using LDD function "Take a screenshot" - CTRL+K.

I've done that (Thanks :sweet: ) but do I then have to make the background white? Because I want the background completely white :classic:

Matt

Ba

I've done that (Thanks :sweet: ) but do I then have to make the background white? Because I want the background completely white :classic:

Matt

I think that the background of these images is set as transparent in png, so display color may depend on yor graphic software. Some of the picture editors may loose this transparency information or replace it by some color.

I'm not sure, but i believe that the white background was when making a screenshot in LDD 3. The screenshot was be in png format, and the background was in fact transparent(no matter what background you would see in the view mode of LDD, that background wouldn't appear in screenshot) like hrontos said.

Now in LDD 4, when you make a screenshot the background stays like you see it in View mode of LDD and the screenshots are in jpg format if i'm not mistaken.

Yep, screenshots in LDD 4 all have transparent backgrounds. Changing that to white is as easy as opening the image in a photo editor (Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET, etc.) and re-saving it as a JPEG file, (which doesn't support transparency and should turn any transparent pixels white) or use the Paint Bucket tool to color the background white.

Ctrl+K (or Cmd+K for Mac) will save a screenshot as a png, which defaults to a transparent background.  When you then use another program to convert the png to a jpg or other file with no support for transparency, the background usually defaults to white.  Any photo editor should be able to select the transparent background layer, you do a flood fill of any colour you want, then save it as a jpg.

Edited by NathanR

On 9/17/2011 at 10:58 PM, MattieG7 said:

Matt

well i personally use the developer mode in which as remove the grid and leave just a white background,you can check it out here :

)