lightningtiger

MOD/MOC - Plumber's Van

indexed.gif V-LC-13E

Buying two prisoner transports last night, meant replacing the one wrecked at the train show months ago and one for this......

0000_1_plumbers_van_97.jpg0000_1_plumbers_van_98.jpg0000_1_plumbers_van_99.jpg

Comments welcome as usual......Brick On Plumb On ! :grin:

Looks good, as usual. Looks just like the ones I see driving around town (except some of them have more rust!). I like the third brake light in the back. Are you planning on adding some stickers to break up the white sides a bit?

Thanks 'meyerc13', it's new plain tradie van so perhaps I can design a logo for it on Monday.

The brake light arrangement is the same as in the prisoner transport. :blush:

I don't even have a name for a plumbing friend.....suggestions anyone ? :blush:

Joe the plumber? Mario? Luigi? :laugh: (I guess I’m not being very original)

Seriously, nice solid build, though I prefer 4-wide vehicles myself. Is the stuff on the roof LEGO as well?

This thread is exceptionally ironic for me as we just developed plumbing problems at my place...

Thanks for the feedback 'Ardelon', I too like 4 wide's.....though only in classic town sets of the late 70's/early 80's.

Oh, what does everyone think of BOB, because I'm using Jedi Bob's head.....full-time plumber/part-time Jedi Knight ! :laugh:

Built the same police van yesterday,

but I never would have guessed that the crook could be reformed.

Built the same police van yesterday,

but I never would have guessed that the crook could be reformed.

Yes, he turned back from dark side ! :laugh:

Thanks 'pacc' for the response. :classic:

I love the pipes and ladder on the roof, they give an instant clue as to what the van is and they remind me of all the Sprinter vans at work. Nice work, LT!

Thanks 'bootz' for your kind comments, I have been planning from months to build this and the other day 25% off at Myers meant it was going ahead. I'm planning to scratch-build a builder's truck next (sadly it will not be complete till late January next year....need one of those new red wheelbarrows to go in the back....but I can get a start on it I guess :blush: ). :classic:

Nice build, Tiger. Your Bob looks like my tow truck driver. They might be related. You could add a plumber's crack to his behind. :classic:

Thanks 'dr_spock', maybe they are related....by marriage ? :laugh:

Bob is his name, but I'll surprise everyone tomorrow with his business name and trademark saying ! :laugh:

(by the way 'dr_spock'....wife moderated.....fight the power (Public Enemy) ! :laugh: )

To get some variation you can use the available bricks (and standard extra clear cheese) for something like this

AFOLEGODT headlights.

Just switch the corner slopes with the mirrors, and switch around mirror slopes with headlight slopes.

Thanks for the name suggestion 'martyboy70' and yours 'pacc' too, though I'm happy leaving the front end as it is. :classic:

Business name tomorrow remember ! :wink:

Nice modification on the City Prisoner transport. At first glance, I thought it was some regular goods van, but onto closer inspection, I see there is a cargo hold filling with its instruments, ladder and even pipes on the top of the vehicle.

The sticker decal is funny! And, I can guess that the plumber is a Star Wars fan by nature. Thanks for sharing it with us. :sweet:

Thanks 'Fangy' for those kind words, Jedi Bob started this business after ROTS so he didn't end up like many Jedi....toast ! :laugh:

A picture speaks a thousand words......

0000_1_plumbers_van_96.jpg

Nice plumber's van, LT.

Love the stickers. *LOL*

"Uncle Owen, this drain's got a busted floatervator."

"Help me Obi Wan Commode, you're my only hope."

"Always two there are. No more, no less. A Master and the bloke who gets the dirty jobs."

Brick on, crack on.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks 'AJ' and 'bootz' for your comments.....including the injection of humour.....made me smile too 'AJ' ! :laugh:

And remember MAY THE PLUNGER BE WITH YOU ! :laugh:

I meant to say star wars fan! Of course I'm a lego fan lol. Uh, it had been a long day.

Edited by bootz

I meant to say star wars fan! Of course I'm a lego fan lol. Uh, it had been a long day.

Thanks 'bootz' for the comment and always remember 'May The Plunger Be With You' ! :iamded_lol:

Looks better with the addition of the stickers. :thumbup:

May the flush be with you, tiger. :classic:

Thanks 'dr_spock', did you see the plunger with the lightsaber hilt on the end of it ? :laugh:

Well, then may the plunger and flush be with you too ! :laugh: