kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Woah. Been away for holiday for a couple of weeks and so much to catch up on!

Anyway, on the new packaging - from what I've seen in reviews, do you have to actually cut them open, or are they resealable?

Both, you have to make cut for it to be able to be use for resealable use.

Both, you have to make cut for it to be able to be use for resealable use.

Ah, I see, thanks. I guess I'll know how it works once I get them.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Hey guys, I got all the Breakout sets apart from the ones I already had in the mail today, from amazon.de, so I should be able to have reviews of Breez and Splitface up soon. (Not Thornraxx because Brickthing's already covering him, right?) There may be a slight delay due to some Christmas duties, but both reviews should be up within a week. :classic:

Ah, I see, thanks. I guess I'll know how it works once I get them.

Anf if you check one of the reviews, you'll see that you can carefully cut the backside of the pouch, leaving the front undisturbed.

That set list sounds really fake in some ways and really real in others.

Meanwhile, something I'd like to point out is that Breakout story wouldn't necessarily need to continue for Stormer and the purple villain set to be summer sets. Consider that neither Breez nor Thornraxx was visible in any of the clips from that video (at least, not that I saw). Thus, it's possible that for some reason the designers just switched Breez and Thornraxx with Stormer and that purple villain for the Breakout story, and thus that the next wave's sets will get their own story, minus Stormer and the purple villain and plus Breez and Thornraxx.

Anyway, it's odd to me that the list places all of the summer HF sets after the winter HF sets, when in the past this usually has not been the norm for a year of sets. The tendency is often for sets of the same size to be placed together, whether they are for the first half or the second half of the year. Of course, since that tradition has already been broken by the next wave of sets placing Black Phantom in the middle of groups of small and medium sets, anything's possible.

Still, I would expect the new year of sets to use certain unused "intermediate" set numbers like 6213-6215, 6219-6226, etc. I'm not rejecting that possibility that they're real but I'm extremely skeptical, especially considering that this only surfaced once we had already learned of the potential for a new Stormer set, that being the only real clue that this list is genuine.

Meanwhile, something I'd like to point out is that Breakout story wouldn't necessarily need to continue for Stormer and the purple villain set to be summer sets. Consider that neither Breez nor Thornraxx was visible in any of the clips from that video (at least, not that I saw). Thus, it's possible that for some reason the designers just switched Breez and Thornraxx with Stormer and that purple villain for the Breakout story, and thus that the next wave's sets will get their own story, minus Stormer and the purple villain and plus Breez and Thornraxx.

Interesting theory. Perhaps it's also plausible that the Breakout Stormer and the purple villain will be released as a limited edition co-pack like Bulk & Vapour? It's possible, as they both seem to only have re-colours, no new pieces. Maybe Breez was capturing Thornraxx on his planet during the confrontation with Black Phantom?

Interesting theory. Perhaps it's also plausible that the Breakout Stormer and the purple villain will be released as a limited edition co-pack like Bulk & Vapour? It's possible, as they both seem to only have re-colours, no new pieces. Maybe Breez was capturing Thornraxx on his planet during the confrontation with Black Phantom?

Sorry to explode your bubble but.

Stormer has new pieces as shoulder-pads, and the Purple Villain has new purple armor on his chest and arms.

What about Stormer's "crystal spikes" on his shoulders and upper left arm? Those seem to be new pieces.

Interesting theory regarding Thornraxx and Breez.

EDIT: darn it, this always happens - beaten :tongue:

Edited by Mesonak

Sorry to explode your bubble but.

Stormer has new pieces as shoulder-pads, and the Purple Villain has new purple armor on his chest and arms.

I think the expression is "burst your bubble." :tongue:

In all seriousness, yes, I assumed they were similar enough to be already released pieces in set-form, either way, I still think it's possible, as I think Aanchir's theory is too.

What about Stormer's "crystal spikes" on his shoulders and upper left arm? Those seem to be new pieces.

For an actual set, I don't see much difficulty. Surely they could recolour the fire villain "flame" pieces into white and blue, or dare I say clear blue? *oh2*

They look nothing alike. This new piece is wider, and has a different design.

The odds of Stormer and the purple villain being a special edition set is very unlikely, considering how Lego hasn't produced a special edition set for Hero Factory since Bulk and Vapour, which I can assume didn't sell well. The chance they would decide to release another at this point is very unlikely.

It's much more likely that they're, plain and simply, sets released in the summer. This isn't out of the ordinary for Lego as of late, either. If any of you have watched the Ninjago TV Show you'll know what I mean. In both seasons released thus far, sets that are presumed (and wound up being) released in the summer were featured in the TV Show when it first aired. Sets like the Skull Truck, the Fire Temple, a mecha used by Samurai X which will likely be released, and so on. So, in my eyes at least, it's pretty cut and dry what the circumstances are. Of course, we won't know for certain until the pictures are leaked, which, if the past precedents hold true, should be in about a week (or near then).

Also, ha ha Vinyl. Funny guy. :tongue:

Edited by Mesonak

Of course, we won't know for certain until the pictures are leaked, which, if the past precedents hold true, should be in about a week (or near then).

Which is why I proposed the theory in the first place. :grin:

Well, on Stormer and the purple villain's new armour pieces - what's in the show may not be how it's reflected in real life. If it is an LE set, those parts could be replaced with existing ones easily.

I'm hoping the Breakout arc continues, though, I really want to see Bulk and Stringer return!

I'd like to see the breakout story continue as well, mostly because i want another wave of un-themed villains and heros. I mean sure they mayhave handcuffs, but they are all Fire Vs Water or Jungle like 2.0 and 3.0, they have some diversity that I enjoy quite a bit.

I must say that the new video on the official HF website is really cool. Interesting builds shown :sweet:

Talked to my usual source of info today, only thing I can say is, the names on that list that appeared on bshelf(Is bshelf down again?) are FAKE. 100% Fake.

No core drainer.. :cry_sad:

Oh well. The sole things I liked in that list were the presence of at least two new Heroes (PURPLELILAC HERO! ahem, sorry) and the absence of Furno. Everything else I was fairly neutral about, due to how non indicative the names were (except something like "Flashfreeze", I guess). And I really don't want a Titan Stormer: I want him as a 12,99 Euro figure.

By the way, am I the only one who would like to see a dark red Hero? He would be a fine replacement for Furno, I think. Not necessarily a permanent replacement, their presence could be alternated each wave. I was all for the return of bright red back in 2009 with Ackar, but right now I really miss dark red, and after the bones in Black Phantom I would love to see dark red cladding pieces.

EDIT: I meant "the absence of Furno", not "Stormer". Sorry.

Edited by Shakar

So, there are no out-of-box pictures/videos of Breez floating around, are there? She's the one I'm most interested in. A specific query for anyone that may own her, does she use the wider or more narrow torso bone?

So, there are no out-of-box pictures/videos of Breez floating around, are there? She's the one I'm most interested in. A specific query for anyone that may own her, does she use the wider or more narrow torso bone?

And splitface? He's up on S@H but apparently no one has gotten him yet.

Thornraxx Video Review

Breakout Heroes Overview (Ironically, Breez IS included; so there you go, Bunda :P)

If you look at her profile shot in the slideshow, she has the wider torso piece. So yet another wave they make odd decisions (like giving the slimmer torso to Evo, who's supposed to be big and bulky).

Looks like a good set overall, though. One of the better heroes.

Edited by Mesonak

She has the wide torso? Ha ha, I knew they'd do that. Will update the post with more comments.

Woooow she looks awesome. So does Thornraxx. Sooo happy that I bought them (along Rocka and Surge)! Can't wait for them to arrive and to open them for Xmas to open them.

Only Splitface is left...

Edited by Shakar

Unfortunately this review does not show how to pose the figure standing on the two claws, while the stinger is not touching the ground.

Say what now?