kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

This also seems to confirm that his shield and launcher are Transparent Bright Green rather than Transparent Fluorescent Green. I'm not especially surprised, but it was a bit ambiguous in official pics (as is often the case with transparent colors). I would guess his head will be the same color, and will be the new color that Front told us to expect for the Glatorian head.

It certainly looks that way from Siegfried's picture. A shame, I was hoping for transparent purple. Oh well.

When I get Rocka I think I'll be making a few modifications. I expect to be modifying all of the larger Hero sets to some degree. I'll be making him look less cluttered by removing either the shield or ammo belt...thing. Apart from that I think he looks great.

Indeed, like Aanchir noticed, Rocka appears to use Tr. Bright Green. Now I wonder if Black Phantom is going to do the same- seeing he's being set up as Rocka's direct rival and as such there's going to be a combiner between the two..it would be weird if two different tr. greens were mixed. Not that Lego cares much about such a detail in an alternative model, but still...

Also, the Black Phantom set already features Tr. Bright Green, featuring it in the eyes of the Arachnox drone (which are two of the recoloured Barraki eye Nitroblast uses).

And I'm not sure if I understand how the new..ahem, container works. After you cut that top section, can it be sealed again?

And I'm not sure if I understand how the new..ahem, container works. After you cut that top section, can it be sealed again?

Yeah, there's a little plastic Ziploc-type zipper just below the cutting line.

Thanks! Better than nothing I guess. Still, I'm not too fond of this new packaging style. I don't know, it feels kind of cheap. And the fact it is so BIG is big disappointment: and I thought we had to no longer endure those gigantic canisters which started to appear with the Toa Inika and that had finally disappeared after 2009..).

One upside is that 13 Euro sets are no longer contained in classical Lego-style unsealable boxes and finally return to being contained in sealable packagings.

Thanks! Better than nothing I guess. Still, I'm not too fond of this new packaging style. I don't know, it feels kind of cheap. And the fact it is so BIG is big disappointment: and I thought we had to no longer endure those gigantic canisters which started to appear with the Toa Inika and that had finally disappeared after 2009..).

One upside is that 13 Euro sets are no longer contained in classical Lego-style unsealable boxes and finally return to being contained in sealable packagings.

You do realize that one of the main advantages of this packaging is that it can be flattened down entirely, thus taking up almost zero space? And that even when the parts for the set are inside, it should be flexible enough to fit in pretty much any space the older HF canisters could?

You do realize that one of the main advantages of this packaging is that it can be flattened down entirely, thus taking up almost zero space?

This. They may be wider than most comparable boxes or canisters, but they aren't rigid and thick. It makes storage a breeze! (I feel like I'm challenging a Space Bags commercial)

e: also Reapa review

Edited by Bfahome

You do realize that one of the main advantages of this packaging is that it can be flattened down entirely, thus taking up almost zero space? And that even when the parts for the set are inside, it should be flexible enough to fit in pretty much any space the older HF canisters could?

Is it? I didn't realize that. That makes everything much better.

Didn't Front say that the feet were going to use the new joints?

6 glorious trans neon green HF armors. I think I will focus on getting 3 reapas and 2 evos and probably split face.

---

I'd rather they used boxes for every set. But the bags will at least not take that much space. I fear that the extra size would increase the shipment costs though.

Edited by vexorian

Didn't Front say that the feet were going to use the new joints?

He did, but he said something else that sounded like the new joints wouldn't appear from the beginning of the wave, i.e We'll get them, but not just yet.

Edited by Rocketbilly

Wow. Black Phantom and his little Targetmaster buddy are looking damn fine there.

Dammit BZP. Why do you guys get cool stuff. Especially when your reviews are meh these days ;_;

Eh, better than the Eurobricks reviews so far.

I mean, half of the text in the Superhero reviews is pretty blatantly copy+pasted from each other. =/

Edited by CabooseBM

Black Phantom rocks. I'm glad he features tr. bright green and dark red, they look much better than tr. neon green and regular bright red, I think. The tr. neon green tubes and the cladding in the back clash a bit with the tr. bright green, but I'm going to remove that section once I'll have my hands on him so it doesn't matter to me.

Surge looks better than I thought, but that lime green still looks inappropriately placed..still, not as much as I thought.

Eh, better than the Eurobricks reviews so far.

I mean, half of the text in the Superhero reviews is pretty blatantly copy+pasted from each other. =/

:tongue: I appreciate your honesty. I promise a minimum of cut-and-paste from me. (I have Black Phantom.)

DSC09734es.JPG

I mean, half of the text in the Superhero reviews is pretty blatantly copy+pasted from each other. =/[/color]

I have no problem in admitting it. But did you consider that's because the 3 sets are so similar to one another? They have the same box style and general building steps. *huh*

I hope you found the HF reviews more original and entertaining. :classic:

I have no problem in admitting it. But did you consider that's because the 3 sets are so similar to one another? They have the same box style and general building steps. *huh*

Yeah, it's too true. When I was doing all six last year I went a bit looney by the end and that's why I went for the one written by Von Nebula. :blush:

In regard to your review I was impressed with the new ball shooting analysis!

And with a clearer photo in front of my eyes I can honestly repeat it:

Black Phantom rocks.

I think he's one of the best larger LEGO action figures for a while. He looks really demonic, which I like! :tongue:

Yup! He's one of the most demonic looking HF figures. I can really see him as a Makuta in the Bionicleverse.

By the way, how is the Black Phantom-Rocka combiner? Before you post the full review could you post a pic of it if you can?

Is all of Black Phantom's armor black? Some of it looks like gunmetal grey from the picture.

Black. His feet are gunmetal grey.

DSC09741es.JPG

Before you post the full review could you post a pic of it if you can?

I'm going to scan some of the manual for the review. If I get around to it tomorrow I'll post pics here.

Hmm, Surge looks better to me in that video review. The only parts of him I'd definitely change the color of is the left hand, which I feel should be blue and not lime, and the Zamor sphere, which I feel would be better in a bluish blend (like in the Ice Dragon Attack or Lightning Dragon Battle sets from Ninjago) rather than that mis-matched green. Of course, it also helps that the color quality in that video is so awful, as it makes the chest pattern almost seem to match his lime parts, when in reality we know this not to be the case. :hmpf_bad:

I also kind of wish the new Hero Cores were silver instead of white. Naturally, I'll warm up to the white in time, but while silver would still be different than the previous sets, it would at least have resembled the cores in the TV episodes. And it would have matched Black Phantom's shoulder parts.

Mismatched greens are also a problem with Black Phantom, since most of his transparent parts are Transparent Bright Green and then those ones on his back-blade-things are Transparent Fluorescent Green. But in general Black Phantom looks more impressive than Fire Lord. His torso structure is sadly less complex, but that's mainly because he no longer needs that awkward shoulder suspension, and I can respect that. With just a few small changes his legs have become far more cohesive, and his color scheme is far more unified. I'm impressed that TLG resisted the temptation to give his chest piece a unique print. While I'm sure one could have worked for him, I like all the smooth, shiny, and unbroken black parts on him. They give him a unique and consistent aesthetic. His back blades are more cohesive and less awkward than I expected. The only thing I really didn't understand were his Titanium Metallic feet.

Looking forward to your reviews, Siegfried! Video reviews are OK for a first glance, but they only tell us so much.

So only the feet are titanium metallic? Huh. I'll have to replace them once I get him. Thank you for the pics Siegfried, I can't wait for the full review.

Somehow Rocka is not looking as great to me as in the CGI pics. It is probably the color scheme, I would have totally used black in place of all that bley.

So, it seems the axle holes on the Glatorian head are accessible on BP. Wonder what that could lead to MoCing-wise.

Very excited for Black Phantom. Loving the whole hunched over look, but I'm not sure about the back spikes. Looks like they're pretty poseable, so I'm sure I won't have trouble finding a position where they look cool.

Hm. Also not sure if I like that red axle sticking out of his head...

Kalhiki