kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

No, as I just said, non-Hero Factory summer sets are in Germany, such as City and Monster Fighters, indicating that Germany will be the first to get the new Hero Factory sets, and very soon at that.

Well, that explains why I didn't found the HF sets yet. :grin:

The only thing I noticed so far are the Ultrabuild heroes, but yeah, I don't spend that much attention to City or Monster Fights (but I'm really looking forward to Lord of the Rings).

hey I have a question and I figured I'd ask it here. Does the action figure forum ever have community builds like the starwars forum does?

So when are we getting the new online Hero Builder? The Hero Recon Team website said it would come in April, but clearly it hasn't, and furthermore Hero Recon updates have been sluggish (it's still telling us when we'll last be able to order weeks after that date has passed).

So when are we getting the new online Hero Builder? The Hero Recon Team website said it would come in April, but clearly it hasn't, and furthermore Hero Recon updates have been sluggish (it's still telling us when we'll last be able to order weeks after that date has passed).

I get the not changing anything; they want all their ducks in a row before unveiling anything. That said, it is a little disappointing that they let the deadline pass. Presumably something is holding them up.

I get the not changing anything; they want all their ducks in a row before unveiling anything. That said, it is a little disappointing that they let the deadline pass. Presumably something is holding them up.

Yeah, I get that. TLG doesn't exactly have a reputation for prompt web updates, as I'm sure any BIONICLE fan knows! :laugh:

Still, I'm curious if the new Hero Creator will have any real merit for AFOLs or if it'll just be a watered-down LEGO Digital Designer. I guess we can expect it to be compatible with Hero Factory online games (including maybe Breakout?) but I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

I hope the Hero Creator has more options than the one we already know, it was erm... Rather restrictive in my opinion. Didn't have that much choices.

Either way, I love that background.

... Oh, and I need help, I can buy either Black Phantom, or Splitface and Rocka, which should I go for first? Considering I already have Surge, Evo, Jawblade and Toxic Reapa.

I hope the Hero Creator has more options than the one we already know, it was erm... Rather restrictive in my opinion. Didn't have that much choices.

Either way, I love that background.

... Oh, and I need help, I can buy either Black Phantom, or Splitface and Rocka, which should I go for first? Considering I already have Surge, Evo, Jawblade and Toxic Reapa.

I'd probably go with Black Phantom. He's just absolutely awesome and will rock your socks off (if at all possible btw). :classic:

I agree with MakutaDreadscythe, go for Black Phantom. He's definitely worth the money.

Black Phantom is by far the best example of FL build, he looks very badass and menacing, he has dat Arachnix drone, he's a lot of fun to play with and he has lots of good parts (especially if you don't have any Ultrabuild Superheroes like me).

So, I say go for him- Rocka and Splitface are great, but they don't bring out anything new in terms of construction/parts, except Rocka's helmet and shield and SP's helmet halves.

Get them at some point if you can however, I still think they're some of the best 2012 sets. But BP is a more satisfying buy due to the shocking amount of new parts- especially those wonderful socket extenders.

Black Phantom is by far the best example of FL build, he looks very badass and menacing, he has dat Arachnix drone, he's a lot of fun to play *Snip*

Get them at some point if you can however, I still think they're some of the best 2012 sets. But BP is a more satisfying buy due to the shocking amount of new parts- especially those wonderful socket extenders.

Speaking of the socket extensions, I decided to try something new with them earlier. I thought maybe BIONICLE upper arm/leg pieces wouldn't fit in them, so I tried and it works pretty well, surprisingly. I'm sure plenty of you have already tried it, though. I think I'll use them that way in my next BIONICLE MOC.

Yeah, I played with BIONCLE pieces too, and they work fairly well with them. I wish they made those extenders in more colours, black at the very least. They have an enormous potential.

Yeah, I played with BIONCLE pieces too, and they work fairly well with them. I wish they made those extenders in more colours, black at the very least. They have an enormous potential.

Agreed and I am also thinking the same way about one of the new part introduced in Stormer XL. It's like 90622 but without the ball in the middle. I've always wanted a shorter connection piece like that.

Yup, and speaking of Stormer- there should be one more new piece in his lower legs, which connects the white 2.0 torso plates to the leg bones, since the middle ball joint is already used by the 5M shells. It should be something like a 3x1 liftarm with a ball joint replacing the middle hole. I'm willing to bet the same piece is used in Speeda Demon's bike to attach the gunmetal torso plates at the sides.

Yup, and speaking of Stormer- there should be one more new piece in his lower legs, which connects the white 2.0 torso plates to the leg bones, since the middle ball joint is already used by the 5M shells. It should be something like a 3x1 liftarm with a ball joint replacing the middle hole. I'm willing to bet the same piece is used in Speeda Demon's bike to attach the gunmetal torso plates at the sides.

Very interesting, indeed. Maybe there will be a few surprises that have still gone unnoticed.

What I find interesting is that the balls seem to be in the same place on the leg, meaning the new piece has to have a ball with a hollowed-out part to accommodate the other one.

Someone in the LEGO Friends topic linked to an article with some small-but-finalized images of summer LEGO sets, including Hero Factory sets.

Nex (towards the bottom of the image)

All the rest

Can't wait until we have better pics of Speeda Demon's box art. It looks amazing.

Someone in the LEGO Friends topic linked to an article with some small-but-finalized images of summer LEGO sets, including Hero Factory sets.

Nex (towards the bottom of the image)

All the rest

Can't wait until we have better pics of Speeda Demon's box art. It looks amazing.

Yeah! They all look amazing /)^3^(\

Loving the yellow tops.

That's kinda half sarcasm. They look good, but I really don't care since I end up cutting them off anyway. But, yeah. Speeda's box art looks great. But once again, not a set I'm interested in.

Can't wait to see these figures hit the shelves!

Kalhiki

I'm disappoint, Bulk's and CH's canisters boxes bags lost some of their..redness. Maybe the kids were scared of all that blood colour. :sceptic: Jokes aside, I really liked all that red, it made them unique. The sand blue colour is cool but a bit overused, especially if you think of 2010 HF and 2003/2004/2008 BIONICLE. The box art in those sets and the other ones, anyway, looks great.

Also, I don't know what that currency is supposed to be, but I noticed that Black Phantom and Stormer XL have the same price tag, like in that Italian site I posted a few days ago. More evidence that Stormer is going to be priced like BP outside USA? I certainly hope so.

I'm disappoint, Bulk's and CH's canisters boxes bags lost some of their..redness. Maybe the kids were scared of all that blood colour. :sceptic:.

Well, this is probably taking into consideration that Core Hunter is the most threatening villain yet (I mean, has anything else actually been confirmed to "kill" heroes?). Or maybe the blue represents Makuhero nighttime, where he'd most likely be hunting.

HEY GUYS

STEALING SOMEONE'S BIKE ISN'T NICE YOU KNOW

stolenbikelol.png