kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

I don't want to upset the uploader of the videos by screencapping without permission..

.. but you can see the Giraffe combo at 2:09(ish) in the XT4 video, and the Mynotor combo at 1:50-1:53(albeit not very well) in the Core Hunter review

I hope this helps :)

EDIT: Just got the July/August Lego Magazine, and inside is a Lego Club Code (the name of one of the Heroes) that can be used to access an exclusive online comic, but when I went on the site and entered the code, it wouldn't work D: Tragic, I know.

That's not a Minotaur... That's a Centaur.

MM35_PG32.jpg

*snip*

What forum am I on again? I could have sworn I clicked on Hero Factory 2012...

EDIT: Thinking about it, are they going to update the Breakout Game with the new characters? I've actually got a liking for it just because it's so bad.

Edited by MakutaDreadscythe

If you are referring to me, no, the weather isn´t bad anymore, but I haven´t got around to taking pictures yet, sorry. :sceptic: I was trying to build a photo box of sorts so I could get good lighting independent of the weather outside. Don´t worry, I´ll try to take photos tomorrow.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Ok cool :blush:

I guess I'm just more used to the Transformers fandom where people competitively try to be the first to photograph/review new releases. People seem oddly casual about the fact that these are out there and ready to be reviewed.

Ok cool :blush:

I guess I'm just more used to the Transformers fandom where people competitively try to be the first to photograph/review new releases. People seem oddly casual about the fact that these are out there and ready to be reviewed.

Trust me if I had them I'd be rushing to get photos for you guys. I don't know why anyone's being casual, it's driving me insane that there aren't any here in the US yet.

(Facepalm)

I guess I can't keep my mythical creatures in order! Centaur's are the human-horses, so Mynotors are the 2 legged bulls, right?

Okay.. again, my bad. :hmpf_bad:

I'm not really a fan of the other combiners. Stormer/Speeda looks alright color-wise, but there's too much going on there, and the spidery thing that Stringer and Voltix make up looks a bit.. generic. I've seen too many spider-like combos before, I'm glad of creations that show creativity by the designers part, like the Giraffe.

Lazer buzzsaw killer Giraffe.. :thumbup:

Edited by Cirkit

I actually have a concept for an entire HF Mythological Creatures wave. With a dragon. With flexible wings attached via balljoints.

(Facepalm)

I guess I can't keep my mythical creatures in order! Centaur's are the human-horses, so Mynotors are the 2 legged bulls, right?

Correct.

P.S. It's spelt 'Minotaur', when I said 'MY-NO-TOR', I was just spelling out the pronunciation. :wink:

Trust me if I had them I'd be rushing to get photos for you guys. I don't know why anyone's being casual, it's driving me insane that there aren't any here in the US yet.

I´m not casual, I wish I had the photos already and I really rushed to get the reviews done soon. It´s simply that bad weather, inconsistent light outside (you know, clouds one minute and sunshine the other) and other duties have kept me away. :sadnew: I promise you´ll get the pictures very soon.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

I´m not casual, I wish I had the photos already and I really rushed to get the reviews done soon. It´s simply that bad weather, inconsistent light outside (you know, clouds one minute and sunshine the other) and other duties have kept me away. :sadnew: I promise you´ll get the pictures very soon.

-Gata signoff.jpg

I don't mean to imply you're being overly casual! I just know if I had them I'd have basic photos done that day. But I don't wait on weather, I have a studio so that's a little different.

I don't mean to imply you're being overly casual! I just know if I had them I'd have basic photos done that day. But I don't wait on weather, I have a studio so that's a little different.

Yeah, just to avoid the weather issues I´ve been building some sort of studio myself (which I referred to as "photo box" in an earlier post). I´m going to buy some powerful lamps for it tomorrow. Maybe I can manage taking photos as great as yours then. :laugh:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

Yeah, just to avoid the weather issues I´ve been building some sort of studio myself (which I referred to as "photo box" in an earlier post). I´m going to buy some powerful lamps for it tomorrow. Maybe I can manage taking photos as great as yours then. :laugh:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Super easy to do! I know you said you started one already but I might as well post this here for anyone else too.

DIY lightbox

It's what I used until my parents got me a professional one for Christmas a few years back. And you don't need powerful lamps, just a simple overhead light and a side light with close to equal wattages will do fine. It's really a matter of how you set your camera.

Does anyone have the bags for Toxic Reapa with both the old and the new updated feet? I'm wondering if it's possible to tell if a set has the updated feet from the packaging, perhaps the barcode like the old CMFs.

(Facepalm)

Okay.. again, my bad. :hmpf_bad:

I'm not really a fan of the other combiners. Stormer/Speeda looks alright color-wise, but there's too much going on there, and the spidery thing that Stringer and Voltix make up looks a bit.. generic. I've seen too many spider-like combos before, I'm glad of creations that show creativity by the designers part, like the Giraffe.

Lazer buzzsaw killer Giraffe.. :thumbup:

A Centaur is Half Man, Half Horse, and a Minotaur is Half Man, Half Bull.

Correct.

P.S. It's spelt 'Minotaur', when I said 'MY-NO-TOR', I was just spelling out the pronunciation. :wink:

A Centaur is Half Man, Half Horse, and a Minotaur is Half Man, Half Bull.

Thank you both for the corrections, means a lot.

Apologies if any of this frustrated anyone,I'm pretty sure I've got my mythical beasts in order now. :)

Seriously though- what are you opinions of the combos seen in the videos, however briefly they were glimpsed? Centaur's my fav.

Edited by Cirkit

Super easy to do! I know you said you started one already but I might as well post this here for anyone else too.

DIY lightbox

It's what I used until my parents got me a professional one for Christmas a few years back. And you don't need powerful lamps, just a simple overhead light and a side light with close to equal wattages will do fine. It's really a matter of how you set your camera.

Thanks a lot for that link! :thumbup: My approach was similar, but not entirely like that. I´ve just bought transparent paper, so let´s see if it works...

I´ll be sure to take good photos or scans of the Bulk/Core Hunter and Stringer/Voltix combiners. :wink:

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Stringer is gorgeous! I plan to add some back armor to him once I get him. The lack-of and his transparent torso just seem like it would make him look hollow.

Reviews tomorrow? Of course. The day I go on vacation, you decide to put up reviews. Hopefully the hotel will have internet access. Either way, I look forward to seeing them when I can!

Kalhiki

7497473894_d5f8764e73.jpg

Full reviews tomorrow.

-Gata signoff.png

Beautiful!

EDIT: I see on Flickr that you only have 4 reviews planned for now. Any plans to review the rest, or did you buy all the sets you wanted? Just curious.

Edited by @l3x

He'd better not hog all the rest of the reviews. I'm hoping to get some of the ones TLG is sending us soon to review for BZP too.

Though he's known for his black armor, I really like that blue on Stringer! And the gunmetal is hardly noticeable in that photo. I just wish he had larger armor shells-- he might look small next to other Breakout heroes.

Not sure if absurdly good photography.

2me76up.jpg

Or unpublished CGI pic.

Edited by vexorian

Okay, I'm going to sacrifice Core Hunter's core remover to use the shield for Stringer, and the armor(shells) for a purple and black MOC.