kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

How stable is that shell on the back of CH? In the quick MOC I made it moved a lot.

Once the sets are out everywhere, I bet Voltix is finally going to get his deserved praise. Two people (we know of) got him so far, and both approved of him. :classic:

Yeah, Voltix is nice, I´m sure there will be plenty of you who will like him. The back armor from Core Hunter is okay.

Just so you know, I took pictures today for a "Text" review of Stormer XL.

So you can expect a written review from me soon. :wink:

I look forward to it. :thumbup:

-Gata signoff.jpg

In the whole wave, I think there is no set I don't plan to get. Even if it is just for the pieces. Hmnn, maybe Nex.

Voltix is looking better in that video than in the previous, my impression has improved.

Yeah, Nex is arguably the worst one in the piece department. He would've been more worthwhile if he had 5M orange shells, but it seems he's destined to not have them or something.

Out of extra sets, I was planning to get Stringer (a plethora of rare/new/cool pieces: narrow torso, amp armour, silver MTIS, silver plasma gun parts, black hands, blue Glat head), Voltix (lilac stuff, new lightning pieces, new boot/shoulder pad pieces, red redesigned ball sockets, narrow torso..) and Core Hunter (black Breakout torso, bandolier, black MTIS, sole set to include the new boot/shoulder pad armour in black, black Raw Jaw paws, red 3.0 claws)...

..but XT4 is also worthwhile (if only for the new torso, the rare black 6M shells, the yellow feet and the giant saw), so is Stormer (LOTS of stuff- the recoloured blades, the scout drones, the new ankle liftarm, the new double cup, SIX friction joints, the cool sticker sheet, the new feet, dark bley torso).

So I'm thinking of giving up on extra Core Hunter and buy another Stormer instead. He seems like the more useful one in terms of parts.

I just realized something from the TV show, to catch Speeda Demon Stormer got and xl upgrade and a bike. Should'nt it be one or the other :wacko:

This has somehow bugged me as well. The XL upgrade is particularly pointless. I mean, what´s he supposed to do with that, stand and wait until Speeda Demon comes racing by? :wacko:

-Gata signoff.jpg

This has somehow bugged me as well. The XL upgrade is particularly pointless. I mean, what´s he supposed to do with that, stand and wait until Speeda Demon comes racing by? :wacko:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Probably. Zib felt like explosions that day. :grin:

Hah, reviewer got bad taste. Just alter the color scheme a little and the combiner is a perfect monster.

I doubt the new torso piece is going to be used a lot in future sets. Unless it is adapted to a new titan build.

Quadraped with cannons, lazers, and a huge buzz saw jutting out from underneath? I am so there!

Er, I mean I like it :tongue:

I could see that happening with such a small piece like that. You're giving me ideas, very very good ideas. I'd love to see what others do with that torso in MoCing..

EDIT: The Lazer-giraffe Nex/XT4 combiner comes in second, right behind the Evil Minotar that Bulk and Core Hunter make 8D

Edited by Cirkit

I can see the new torso being used in tandem with a larger one with mid size sets, much like half of this year's Ultrabuild line sets (which, BTW, I hope is going to continue in 2013- they introduced so many nice pieces and building techiniques).

And, like Aanchir said a few pages back, the new torso could possibly signify the return of small (5-6 Euro) sets. But I think the concept I mentioned above is more likely to be used in future sets than this one.

Of course, the new torso also opens up to more slender, less humanoid creatures, like more insects or sea creatures. *coughIhopeRampantOceansisntfakecough* Or birds. What was the last bird constraction set we had, Gukko?

I'm a bit mixed about the combiners, but I do think they're better than the Winter ones, and the Stormer-SD one at the very least looks pretty cool.

Edited by Shakar

I wonder if, after the Breakout theme is finished, and presumably a Villain Factory-esque arc, too, if Hero Factory will return to elemental-themed lines like Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet, or continue with themes emcompassing multiple powers and elements. Just something to ponder, if Hero Factory continues for a while. What do you guys think?

EDIT: The Lazer-giraffe Nex/XT4 combiner comes in second, right behind the Evil Minotar that Bulk and Core Hunter make 8D

On a completely unrelated note, as a Briton, I've always hated how 'Minotaur' is spelt and pronounced in American English. It's MY-NO-TOR! Not MI-NA-TAR! :laugh:

On a completely unrelated note, as a Briton, I've always hated how 'Minotaur' is spelt and pronounced in American English. It's MY-NO-TOR! Not MI-NA-TAR! :laugh:

I'm going to start pronouncing it like that.

On topic, about the small torso. I immediately thought how it could work on the standard Hero Torso. It could be cool on a new Titan build to add not only armor to the back, but also maybe some shoulder cannons. Basically, what I'm thinking is a small version of Stormer XL's torso construction.

Now I really want XT4 to try it out.

Kalhiki

I'm going to start pronouncing it like that.

On topic, about the small torso. I immediately thought how it could work on the standard Hero Torso. It could be cool on a new Titan build to add not only armor to the back, but also maybe some shoulder cannons. Basically, what I'm thinking is a small version of Stormer XL's torso construction.

Now I really want XT4 to try it out.

Kalhiki

Which? My-no-tor or mi-na-tar? If the latter...

are-you-megablocking-kidding-me-rage-face-meme-template-blank.png?w=300&h=295

On topic, yet again, if I get XT4, I will try and use his torso to make Matoran-esque guys for Hero Factory, as I expect many other will, too. I like experimenting will small parts.

One thing I noticed is that the technic piece that attaches Stormer's leg armor is perfect for long Bionicle bones. Bionicle figures with HF cladding? I think I found the most useful piece ever. :D

While we're still in the winter series, I thought I'd post my Reapa Repaint. Everything is done in acrylic.

Link

As a Mino-fan, I have to agree with you there c:

One thing I noticed is that the technic piece that attaches Stormer's leg armor is perfect for long Bionicle bones. Bionicle figures with HF cladding? I think I found the most useful piece ever. :D

While we're still in the winter series, I thought I'd post my Reapa Repaint. Everything is done in acrylic.

Link

I can't believe somebody had my same exact idea to use megaphones on Reapa'arms o____o

Anyway, very cool reapint. Though I'd replace those minifig arms on the hand with Exo Force robot arms and something other to give the fingers some shape/size (viking claws?).

Link

I love the red and white stripes! They remind me of the stickers on the 2010 villain sets. I kind of wish villains still had those kind of details, but at the same time I recognize that patternless parts are often more versatile than patterned ones, whether printed or stickered. And there's a different sort of appeal to the smooth, clean designs of today's HF sets.

Thanks, Shakar and Aanchir! I figured megaphones were the best to keep Reapa's acid by his hands, while freeing up that 3M armor for fingers. If I didn't have a shortage of that piece I would've used it; though I do like the thick minifig fingers.

I loved the stickers on the first villain wave and had to recreate them here-- especially with Reapa's resemblance to Corroder. I agree completely. HF sets are more solid-looking but do lack detail.

Which? My-no-tor or mi-na-tar? If the latter...

are-you-megablocking-kidding-me-rage-face-meme-template-blank.png?w=300&h=295

On topic, yet again, if I get XT4, I will try and use his torso to make Matoran-esque guys for Hero Factory, as I expect many other will, too. I like experimenting will small parts.

My-no-tor

Anywho, the paint looks good, SNOT (abbreviating your name just sounds offensive :P ). I especially like the lime detail on the shoulder pad, which gives it a cool Tron-esque look.

Kalhiki

Sorry for the delay in the reviews, guys. They have been done written for a while now, but the weather is awful these days and I can´t get a decent light for the photos. I´m doing the best I can, though. :sceptic:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

I didn't realize that would offend anyone. I've never heard anyone say 'No' instead of 'Na'.. I'll try my best to use the former from now on, sounds so much more appealing.

What do you think of the combiners seen briefly in the video reviews? Like the lazer-buzzsaw-giraffe, or the evil Mynotor? ;) I thought they were much better this wave than before.

I didn't realize that would offend anyone. I've never heard anyone say 'No' instead of 'Na'.. I'll try my best to use the former from now on, sounds so much more appealing.

What do you think of the combiners seen briefly in the video reviews? Like the lazer-buzzsaw-giraffe, or the evil Mynotor? ;) I thought they were much better this wave than before.

Pics? c:

Oh...sorry. I must have accidentally stumbled into the minotaur pronounciation topic. Hold on a sec...yeah, that's better.

Ahem, anyway, is anyone else going to modify Voltix by trimming some of his lightning pieces? They seem a little cluttered for my liking.

Like the repaint. I'm definitely going to make the MoL accurate matoran I've been wanting since 2003. And if I get any duplicates, they will be SD, possibly Stormer, definitely XT4, maybe Core Hunter and I guess Voltix. I might actually order more purple scout drones of PaB.

Pics? c:

I don't want to upset the uploader of the videos by screencapping without permission..

.. but you can see the Giraffe combo at 2:09(ish) in the XT4 video, and the Mynotor combo at 1:50-1:53(albeit not very well) in the Core Hunter review

I hope this helps :)

EDIT: Just got the July/August Lego Magazine, and inside is a Lego Club Code (the name of one of the Heroes) that can be used to access an exclusive online comic, but when I went on the site and entered the code, it wouldn't work D: Tragic, I know.

Edited by Cirkit

So uh.... Bad weather still?

If you are referring to me, no, the weather isn´t bad anymore, but I haven´t got around to taking pictures yet, sorry. :sceptic: I was trying to build a photo box of sorts so I could get good lighting independent of the weather outside. Don´t worry, I´ll try to take photos tomorrow.

-Gata signoff.jpg