kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Pics? c:

All right. :wink:

The left arm is slightly different due to a mod I'm thinking of doing. And of course, I had to come up with some pathetic replacements for the shin guards and the helmet. :tongue:

As for the back armour, I realize that method wouldn't be stable IRL, but as far LDD is concerned that will do until we see what the real set uses (likely going to be the new hole-ball joint-hole liftarm from Stormer XL, but I digress).

BTW, I didn't see the pic (I choose to not load pics on my phone) on your previous post. Cool stuff! How did you colour the torso?

Have any of you picked up on the 'Ordeal of Fire' reference in 'Breakout' yet? :wink:

No....no, I have not picked up on the Ordeal of Fire reference in Breakout yet.

Have any of you picked up on the 'Ordeal of Fire' reference in 'Breakout' yet? :wink:

Yup. Pretty clever and such to include that.

Nope.

No I didn't and I would very much like to hear what it is. :classic:

Hero Factory in space? Make them fight space-borne aliens full of tentacles and giant brains and it is a deal.

All right. :wink:

The left arm is slightly different due to a mod I'm thinking of doing. And of course, I had to come up with some pathetic replacements for the shin guards and the helmet. :tongue:

As for the back armour, I realize that method wouldn't be stable IRL, but as far LDD is concerned that will do until we see what the real set uses (likely going to be the new hole-ball joint-hole liftarm from Stormer XL, but I digress).

BTW, I didn't see the pic (I choose to not load pics on my phone) on your previous post. Cool stuff! How did you colour the torso?

The torso armour has been Photoshopped - lots of slicing and hue changing~

And hey, that Core Hunter MOC is pretty accurate! Nice one :D

I'm not sure what it is but my guess is that the space station where surge and splitface fought looked like the one in ordeal of fire

Those look great. I already got an extra Reapa however, and I'm not sure if I need another one for now. I'll wait for a sale.

I really hope they do the same thing with Glatorian heads.

Hear hear! :grin:

No I didn't and I would very much like to hear what it is. :classic:

Basically, as the camera pans into Mission Control during the scene when Zib is assigning the Heroes their missions, an extra says "-and it was my first day on the job and everything", referencing the first scene in OoF when a miner says "Sorry, it's my first day on the job." AKA, he was the miner present when the Fire Villains attacked.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

I always found that line in Ordeal of Fire incredibly hilarious, so having it referenced in Breakout made me smile.

I wouldn't really consider that a reference, just a (possibly unintentionally) recycled joke. But hey, maybe it was, who knows.

In other news, there's a new canon hero and villain, as per the latest LEGO magazine. You want to know their names? Too bad, they don't have any.

"Unique" hero

"Unique" villain

The villain is actually kinda neat, as construction goes, and puts a good spin on the Jawblade build. The Hero is meh.

I've only seen the Hero and Villain in action poses in the magazine. Seeing them here is great for me.

The Villain is a great build with well distributed colors(notice where the launcher is placed.. that made me laugh), and a great back story. "Sworn Enemy to Black Phantom", nice.

The Hero isn't terrible, but he does look a little odd to me in that pose. I felt in the magazine he looked cooler. The back story is also kind of flat, though I did like that last bit.

Thanks for posting the pics, Dorek. :)

I wouldn't really consider that a reference, just a (possibly unintentionally) recycled joke. But hey, maybe it was, who knows.

In other news, there's a new canon hero and villain, as per the latest LEGO magazine. You want to know their names? Too bad, they don't have any.

"Unique" hero

"Unique" villain

The villain is actually kinda neat, as construction goes, and puts a good spin on the Jawblade build. The Hero is meh.

As you say, the villain is neat, and the hero is meh. It's really a shame these aren't better since we've seen so many decent combination models on the Hero Factory website and you'd think by now they could manage better ones in the magazine. The hero here feels as mediocre as Lucas Valor, if not more so. I certainly couldn't picture taking apart the component sets just to make this, when the original designs were so cohesive.

Honestly I don't know what changed regarding combination models in LEGO Magazines. Back in the Brickmaster days we'd get all kinds of great models like the Pit War Tortoise, Zyglak, and Niazesk. Even the Manutri, as silly as it was (giant heavily-armed mutant penguin!), still ended up with a unique look. And Hero Factory sets have more than enough pieces to create unique-looking figures, as the official two-set combination models on the Hero Factory website demonstrate. So why is it that TLG has so much trouble putting together a decent three-set combination model for the magazine these days? My only guess is that it's because they're working with non-ideal color combinations, but I still think they could do better. :sadnew:

It was a reference, otherwise it wouldn't have even been there. Period.

In other news, the combiners are nothing special.

The Dog-Shark-Tank-Industrial Warbot-thing is great, but the hero reminds me of LegoJang's "Blanko 1.9" MOC. Not good.

The Dog-Shark-Tank-Industrial Warbot-thing is great, but the hero reminds me of LegoJang's "Blanko 1.9" MOC. Not good.

*oh2* GASP! You think Yesterday's Hero of Tomorrow is anything less than perfection?! You shall be terminated with the yellow snow cannon! :angry::tongue:

As you say, the villain is neat, and the hero is meh. It's really a shame these aren't better since we've seen so many decent combination models on the Hero Factory website and you'd think by now they could manage better ones in the magazine. The hero here feels as mediocre as Lucas Valor, if not more so. I certainly couldn't picture taking apart the component sets just to make this, when the original designs were so cohesive.

Honestly I don't know what changed regarding combination models in LEGO Magazines. Back in the Brickmaster days we'd get all kinds of great models like the Pit War Tortoise, Zyglak, and Niazesk. Even the Manutri, as silly as it was (giant heavily-armed mutant penguin!), still ended up with a unique look. And Hero Factory sets have more than enough pieces to create unique-looking figures, as the official two-set combination models on the Hero Factory website demonstrate. So why is it that TLG has so much trouble putting together a decent three-set combination model for the magazine these days? My only guess is that it's because they're working with non-ideal color combinations, but I still think they could do better. :sadnew:

They were properly ashamed of Lucas Valor and are taking a monk-like vow of abstinence from making combiners.

Although really since they have to develop a whole line of guys every six months, I can understand maybe easing off a bit, but it is nice to see again.

It was a reference, otherwise it wouldn't have even been there. Period.

In other news, the combiners are nothing special.

Says who? Background chatter is always a part of any movie. "It was my first day" is probably on their "list of slightly amusing, mostly corny things that people can say" and they added it in for no particular reason. It could ALSO be a reference to OoF, but it could have just been something they needed to fill the air.

That new villain combiner is pretty much Jawblade with legs.

That's all I wanted, so I'm cool with it. :U

Says who? Background chatter is always a part of any movie. "It was my first day" is probably on their "list of slightly amusing, mostly corny things that people can say" and they added it in for no particular reason. It could ALSO be a reference to OoF, but it could have just been something they needed to fill the air.

You would have thought they would choose a less obscure line if it was just to "fill the air"? It's clear that it wasn't intended to be amusing, as "-and it was my first day on the job and everything." is not funny in any sense of the word, unlike the original line, and due to all of the other scenes panning into Mission Control only having techno-noises in the background, we can conclude that having "background chatter" wasn't collateral to the creators. Also, if you actually watch the clip, you can see that the speaker uses the exact same model as the miner in OoF, and has a very similar voice actor.

Why does this even need to be debated? The truth is blatantly obvious, and it's only a trivial little titbit. *sighs*

I agree that was probably an OoF reference, but arguing over it is just silly. :sceptic:

-Gata signoff.jpg

I agree that was probably an OoF reference, but arguing over it is just silly. :sceptic:

-Gata signoff.jpg

I guess you could say that that argument *puts on sunglasses* was quite the "ordeal".

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Ahem...

In other news, has anyone considered trying to change Jim's blue to orange?