kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Odd, i got the January Product catalogue in the mail yesterday, and the only HF sets in it are Splitface, Surge, Rocka, and Black Phantom, which were the first to go on the site. Interesting that they are releasing them a bit at a time

Odd, i got the January Product catalogue in the mail yesterday, and the only HF sets in it are Splitface, Surge, Rocka, and Black Phantom, which were the first to go on the site. Interesting that they are releasing them a bit at a time

Same here. :sceptic: It is kind of wierd, though, to stagger the release like that. Oh well, at least my 4 favorite sets are the first to be released. :classic:

Same here. :sceptic: It is kind of wierd, though, to stagger the release like that. Oh well, at least my 4 favorite sets are the first to be released. :classic:

Well, I hope this isn't a Kaxium V3 again :sceptic: . Never found this guy normally, only got him through Ebay. He wasn't in local stores, magazines or catalouges.

Breakout sets available on the UK Lego website :laugh: . And just called Bluewater lego store and they said they have loads in stock.

Breez and Thronraxx seem to be missing their pictures though.

I already got all of the sets a week ago thanks to Amazon.de, so this isn't really big news for another Englishman like me. I may buy the Ultrabuild sets though.

Well, I hope this isn't a Kaxium V3 again :sceptic: . Never found this guy normally, only got him through Ebay. He wasn't in local stores, magazines or catalouges.

Unbeknown to most people, Kaxium was a Tesco exclusive in the UK.

Wow, I didn't know that. Guess you learn something everyday. On another note, you can buy products from amazon.de from the UK? That will certainly make things easier in future.

Edited by Nike2032

Wow, I didn't know that. Guess you learn something everyday. On another note, you can buy products from amazon.de from the UK? That will certainly make things easier in future.

Yep, they ship all throughout Europe. :classic:

A question about the bags - do they make the pieces more 'vulnerable', so to speak? I mean, since they're so flexible, might pieces get damaged more easily when handled either during transportation or by other customers in stores? After all, boxes and canisters probably do a better job at protecting the pieces.

A question about the bags - do they make the pieces more 'vulnerable', so to speak? I mean, since they're so flexible, might pieces get damaged more easily when handled either during transportation or by other customers in stores? After all, boxes and canisters probably do a better job at protecting the pieces.

From a combination of the bag and the individual polybags inside, I think the sets are quite well protected from store life. It's fairly tightly packed, so the pieces probably suffer less damage from rattling around inside the bag/canister, at the expense of being slightly more susceptible to outside damage.

But if you've ever stepped on BIONICLE pieces in the dark, you'll know that it's not the LEGO that needs protection from damage. :cry_sad:

But if you've ever stepped on BIONICLE pieces in the dark, you'll know that it's not the LEGO that needs protection from damage. :cry_sad:

No jokes I actually drew blood once. Painful stuff.

And the parts themselves are quite strong, i think the only thing you'd have to worry about is bendy pieces getting into crazy shapes,a nd the structions getting mangled up. The parts themselves should be fine

And the parts themselves are quite strong, i think the only thing you'd have to worry about is bendy pieces getting into crazy shapes,a nd the structions getting mangled up. The parts themselves should be fine

The bags are tight enough that you can't manipulate the pieces inside, so no blind bag-building. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to the instructions as one of my sets had crumpled instructions while the others were fine. I'm not sure if it happened in the bag or if it happened as it was being packed, but either way instructions can get mangled just like in regular boxes. :sceptic:

That's good to know, thanks guys. But looking at how kids currently handle canisters/boxes... :tongue: As much as I love canisters, I guess the bags are a welcome change for me. I'm running out of storage space.

That's good to know, thanks guys. But looking at how kids currently handle canisters/boxes... :tongue: As much as I love canisters, I guess the bags are a welcome change for me. I'm running out of storage space.

I threw the bags away. I used to put my canisters in the attic anyway. :tongue:

P.S. Merry Christmas everybody! (Since I won't be able to say it tomorrow.)

And the parts themselves are quite strong, i think the only thing you'd have to worry about is bendy pieces getting into crazy shapes..

the breez/batman/black phantom sword did a number on me when I threw batman's arm in a lunchbag. bent back into shape with no problem though

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Breez looks. I thought I was never going to purchase her from this line, but that picture may have swayed me... she's got a nice Samus Aran look going on now.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Breez looks. I thought I was never going to purchase her from this line, but that picture may have swayed me... she's got a nice Samus Aran look going on now.

True....but Evo looks a whole lot closer to Samus. He's got not only the arm, but also the color! So cool!

I'm glad I got Evo first.

So wait, are both sides (of his face) the same mold? That picture makes it look like they're different.

Edited by Bfahome

So wait, are both sides (of his face) the same mold? That picture makes it look like they're different.

It's... A little hard to explain.

But yes, they're the same mold.

Regarding motives, one good thing about this line for me over here is the price. Small sets have gone dowm from £7.99 to £6.99, which rocks, and even Black Phantom is cheaper than Fire Lord, from £17.99 to £14.99! :sweet: