Masked Builder

[MOC] Beach Lounging

indexed.gif B-V-2E

6150736811_f495e6cb48_o.jpg

I think you really get a "summer" feel from the MOC.

6151285914_68d4393750_o.jpg

This kept getting longer as I found more parts!

6150737129_be53e3bace_o.jpg

Not my biggest build by any means.

6151286418_95160e5511_o.jpg

I wanted to make sure that there was some "wet" looking sand here.

6150737599_693b162572_o.jpg

The most important part of the build, at least to me, was the minifigures.

6151286816_27453ea0f0_o.jpg

And this is the forced-perspective, back wall. The sun was rather a drag to attach because of the hands. I managed to figure something out though. The cloud was very fun to build.

6151286926_b9ff40dc18_o.jpg

This is where I wanted to concentrate my work on the vig. I thought that the minifigures were the center piece here.

6151287020_3fe6458795_o.jpg

Here's the guy's beach chair. It is pretty cool if you ask me. Sadly, it isn't my design. It was built by Asbestos Bill.

6151287106_2095bfa3b2_o.jpg

I built the towel with 1x4 tiles instead of SNOTing it because I wanted to have the towel on top of the sand.

6150738305_40e7be1e1a_o.jpg

These are sand dunes, forced perspective sand dunes. Getting a curve that look right with these was rather hard.

6151287314_f49bea1d9a_o.jpg

From this angle the forced perspective looks about right.

I puzzled over what category to build in when they were announced. I eventually decided to build in the summer category. Then I decided to have a guy on the beach because when I think summer this is what I see. Will this get me into round 2? I have no idea. Many of the other entries are amazing. Good luck to all!

Built September 2011

Flickr Set

Great work 'Masked Builder', the sun and SNOT ocean are huge :thumbup: , and they look like a happy couple - aw ! :laugh:

Brick On Surf On ! :grin:

Thanks LT! The figures were quite fun to build.

I rarely step into this part of EB, and even more rarely post. But this MOC deserves my attention. Very nice! I especially like how you did the sun. If possible, I'd extend the whole thing a little bit and have some more wet sand. It's very rarely that you see that little wet sand. I'm saddened to hear you didn't move on to round 2. Great work all around. :thumbup:

I rarely step into this part of EB, and even more rarely post. But this MOC deserves my attention. Very nice! I especially like how you did the sun. If possible, I'd extend the whole thing a little bit and have some more wet sand. It's very rarely that you see that little wet sand. I'm saddened to hear you didn't move on to round 2. Great work all around. :thumbup:

Well I thanks you for commenting on my MOC! I wish I could have added more wet sand but I'm out of dark tan bricks. :hmpf_bad:

Well I thanks you for commenting on my MOC! I wish I could have added more wet sand but I'm out of dark tan bricks. :hmpf_bad:

Well if it makes you feel better, you have more than me. :laugh: