Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Suburbia - Confirmation/Discussion

That sentence makes no sense to me. :tongue:

I don't really know much about computers. I hit the power button, and the magic box makes images appear, and allows me to come here and host games.

So, I've counted up how many times people posted in Chapter Two, which has 77 total posts.

(Note, some of these percentages have been rounded up)

Bob the Construction Man: 19 posts or 24%

Mrlegoninja: 4 posts; or 5%

Dannylonglegs: 1 post; or 1%

ADHO15: 2 posts; or 3%

Cralegoboy: 1 post; or 1%

Brickdoctor: 11 posts; or 14%

Rumble Strike: 1 post; or 1%

Peanuts: 7 posts; or 9%

Professor Flitwick: 5 posts; or 6%

K-nut: 2 posts; or 2%

CallMePieOrDie: 3 posts; or 4%

badboytje88: 2 posts; or 3%

CorneliusMurdock: 3 posts; or 4%

Jedi master Brick: 3 posts; or 4%

Fugazi: 13 posts; or 16%

In 96 hours of Chapter Two, there were 77 posts, and almost a quarter of them were mine. Seriously, if participation is this low in Chapter Two, I can't even fathom it in later chapters. Also, Chapter Two has been closed for 24 hours, and I've gotten 2 actions in. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I apologize, Bob. I've had two deaths this past week, making participation difficult. I'll try to post more next chapter.

What exactly can the actions do? I know from my own questions to you that I can't Investigate, and you told me in a PM explaining actions that I can't Kill. (not that I want to do the latter) That might be the problem.

So sorry Bob, I didn't post because it seemed like there was nothing for me to post about, since others had already posted important actions. I'll try harder this next chapter. Unless I'm dead of course. :laugh:

For me, due to the different timezones when I can look at the threads, investigations are already ongoing with multiple people asking questions. It's difficult to come up with solid alternate ideas when that happens. I know it happens in Mafias too, when early discussion means it's difficult to add anything new later on.

Everybody's stealing my questions. :blush: And I guess it's just there's not much else to the Chief's death. We've already investigated most of it. Kill somebody so we can get more evidence. :devil_laugh:

I'm really sorry my participation's been low. School hit me like a train this year, and my Grand-father suffered from a stroke and is having a hard time forming comprehensible sentences. :cry_sad: I've gotten back on track though and should be able to participate more. By the way, nice job on the colored scenery!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What exactly can the actions do? I know from my own questions to you that I can't Investigate, and you told me in a PM explaining actions that I can't Kill. (not that I want to do the latter) That might be the problem.

These actions are whatever you would like to do at night. You can follow someone, beat someone up, knock over people's trash cans, break windows; it's really up to you.

Well it's my first time playing a game like this and I have to admit I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea. I do apologize for not posting that much I'll try to do my best tomorrow. I would like to let you know that I am still motivated to play this game till the very ending of it!

These actions are whatever you would like to do at night. You can follow someone, beat someone up, knock over people's trash cans, break windows; it's really up to you.

Why would most of those help us to solve a murder? :wacko:

I contribute during the day when I feel I have something to add, though as a Mystery newbie, I'm mostly just observing and seeing how things work.

I know one's character shouldn't affect their gameplay, but I still feel a teenager shouldn't be a leading investigator in a murder. :grin:

Why would most of those help us to solve a murder? :wacko:

They're not supposed to help in solving a murder, they're meant to be lighthearted actions at night, which is why you can do most anything.

However, things that could harm people (I.E; “I’d like to go kill Player A”) are not allowed.

How am I beating someone up without harming him? :grin:

But seriously, I'm trying as hard as I can to think about what to investigate. However, I'm not good at solving riddles (I'm still :wall:ing about that match thing) and there's just a certain amount of investigation that can be done. So mostly, what I do is bringing up theories about what happened to the chief.

And concerning the actions, I'm trying to figure out how to use them. I'll have to think about them more. Am I getting you right they're meant just for fun? Sorry if I get you wrong, no offence.

And concerning the actions, I'm trying to figure out how to use them. I'll have to think about them more. Am I getting you right they're meant just for fun? Sorry if I get you wrong, no offence.

Pretty much they're for fun, however if you're lucky with your choice of action, you might learn something.

I'm very sorry that I haven't been very participatory. I've been dealing with a family crisis. I should be more active now.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sorry for the edit there, I forgot to italicise my actions. :facepalm::blush:

It's okay, but don't do it again or else I'll have to kill your character off. :classic:

It's okay, but don't do it again or else I'll have to kill your character off. :classic:

Not my Steven! :cry3:

:laugh:

EDIT:

:devil: :devil: Post 666, Devil post. :devil: :devil:

Edited by K-nut

Chapter Five will come soon.

I'd like an opinion, should I drop the 96 hour days? I'm leaning towards dropping them, because Chapters Three and Four have been without the limit and you've been able to get much more done.

Perhaps 96 hours is a bit short, but it does (hopefully) encourage players to be active. Though I'd rather have the day end between two locations, so that we don't have to go back to the same place the next day. It's just laziness, I know! :grin:

Interesting game so far! Sorry not to have been participating as much during the last chapter, Internet is off at my place and it's taking forever to have it fixed, but things should improve.

"I'm not the killer." The mayor says.

I hardly expected the mayor to admit to it! :tongue:

Chapter Five will come soon.

I'd like an opinion, should I drop the 96 hour days? I'm leaning towards dropping them, because Chapters Three and Four have been without the limit and you've been able to get much more done.

I think you can keep it as rough guideline, but extend the day as you did, if it handicaps the investigations.

Or maybe after 96 hours just finishing the current building's investigation, or something.

By the way, I must say, I really like the interiors of the residences. They add something that was really missing in RS.

Edited by Peanuts

I'll keep it around 96 hours, but I'll use my judgement to extend that or not.

Chapter Five should be up in 9 hours. There will be surprises.

Sign in to follow this