Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Suburbia - Confirmation/Discussion

banner.jpg

Welcome to Lexington:

2.jpg

One of the many suburban towns of the United States, Lexington has a history stretching back to the California Gold Rush of 1848. However, today, it's a town in which people who cannot stand living in the major cities it's nearby live.

3.jpg

The children of the town play in the streets and generally enjoy a carefree lifestyle. There is no danger in Lexington.

4.jpg

The beach is usually a hotspot for locals, meaning that it's mostly quiet and relaxed. People come to practice yoga and karate during the mornings, and surf during the afternoons on the waves.

5.jpg

Lexington's old buildings serve the populace well, with the general necessities that the townsfolk need to survive.

1a.jpg

And Lexington's Police Force is always ready to respond to the calls that never occur.

However, what you don't see is all of the problems that Lexington has. Problems that will be exposed as the days go on. Problems that could kill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Suburbia, you should have received your PM. Please confirm you have and put your avatar in either your signature or avatar spot. Also put your character name down in your signature.

Players (14)

mr.monty.jpg

Mr. Jack Montgomery, husband of Julia, father of Jeremy

Owner of Local Pet Store

Played By: --- Mrlegoninja

mrs._monty.jpg

Mrs. Julia Montgomery, wife of Jack, mother of Jeremy

Owner of Local Pet Store

Played By: --- Dannylonglegs

jeremy_monty.jpg

Jeremy Montgomery, son of Jack and Julia

Student

Played By: --- ADHO15

mr.jordan.jpg

Mr. Alex Jordan, husband of Sarah

Accountant

Played By: --- Cralegoboy

mrs.jordan.jpg

Mrs. Sarah Jordan, wife of Alex

Owner of Department Store

Played By: --- Brickdoctor

mr._robertson.jpg

Mr. Winston Robertson, father of Amber

Retired Banker, Artifact Collector

Played By: --- Rumble Strike

ms._robertson.jpg

Amber Robertson

Unemployed

Played By: --- Peanuts

off.jackson.jpg

Officer Steven Jackson, fiance of Ashley

Police Officer

Played By: --- Professor Flitwick

ms._baker.jpg

Ashley Baker, fiance of Steven, sister of Marcus

Owner of Grocery Store

Played By: --- K-nut

mr.baker.jpg

Marcus Baker, brother of Ashley

Meteorologist

Played By: --- CallMePieOrDie

off._hutch.jpg

Officer Ryan Hutch, married to his career

Police Officer

Played By: --- badboytje88

james_swanson.jpg

Mr. James Swanson, father of Robbie

Personal Trainer

Played By: --- CorneliusMurdock

robbie_swanson.jpg

Robbie Swanson, son of James

Unemployed

Played By: --- Jedi master Brick

deputy_scott.jpg

Deputy Chief Jackie Scott, married to job

Deputy Chief of the Lexington Police Department

Played By: --- Fugazi

chief_jerk.jpg

Police Chief Arnold McGovern

Chief of Police

Played By: --- def

Rules:

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor and Red Scare Mystery)

1. There are 16 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine. I will always give a detailed explanation of a room, however, feel free to ask for clarification.

3. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

4. Please try to avoid editing your posts. If you made a spelling error, simply post immediately after correcting your spelling error. If you wish to add more, a double post can be made, however use this rule wisely. Obviously, you may not make a quadruple post. Please wait for someone else to post before you post something else, unless absolutely necessary.

5. You can reference anything in pop culture, as this is being played real time. You can mention current events if you want to. You can use any electronic device that you wish to use, with exception. For example, you can’t take out your time machine to determine who the killers are.

6. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. However, you may not return to a room that you were already in, so ensure that you have searched every part of the room before leaving.

7. There are a few NPC’s in certain areas of the town. These NPC’s might have evidence, however they might not. Also, the evidence given by them might be false information. You cannot do anything other than talk to these NPC’s. You can only go and speak to them when you arrive in their area. For example, each NPC is in a certain part of the town. If you’re at point A, you cannot go and speak to an NPC at point B.

8. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

9. There are no night actions or chapter actions. However, there are Miscellaneous Actions. With this system, if you’d like to PM me a non-lethal action (I.E; “I’d like to go visit Player A”), then that’s fine. However, things that could harm people (I.E; “I’d like to go kill Player A”) are not allowed. These are only allowed at night. Night comes at the end of every chapter. I’ll allow most anything, so let your imaginations go wild. However, you can’t leave Lexington. That is not a valid action.

10. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

11. There will be a life-point system. Every player starts out with ten life-points, and regenerates one life point at the end of a chapter. For example, if you fall and twist your ankle, you’d likely lose one life point. If you fall off a boat into an engine prop, you’re likely to lose most if not all of your life points. Think logically. Perhaps walking along the rickety boards in the construction zone is not a good idea.

12. The host is usually always right. If you think he’s wrong, feel free to send me a message about it.

13. Most of all have fun. This game is meant to be enjoyable despite the "questionable" things occurring.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

Please, if you've never played a mystery game before, please please please do not hesitate to ask for help from me.

All PM's to me should be in the confirmation message thread I sent you.

Edited by Bob_

Hey everybody. Think we've got some clouds moving in, so do all your beaming up by this evening. :thumbup:

Oh Marcus, this is serious! Don't be making silly references all through this thread day long!

Oh Marcus, this is serious! Don't be making silly references all through this thread day long!

Um...what's serious? As far as I can tell, our town's virtually perfect.

Much like Captain Kirk.

Anyone want to buy a pet?

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, now that I'm here, you better buy a pet. I love pets. They're great. If you want a companion, buy a pet. If you just want fun, buy a pet.

No worries good people of Lexington. Your upstanding police chief will keep a watchful eye over all of you :sweet:

:angry: Triffids sound like something ... uh, I shouldn't say. This is a happy town, and it shouldn't be polluted by swearing.

And sorry, we don't.

Deputy Chief Jackie Scott, reporting for duty! :grin:

And meet my husband, Job. Such a wonderful life companion.

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, now that I'm here, you better buy a pet. I love pets. They're great. If you want a companion, buy a pet. If you just want fun, buy a pet.

OMG, you're so lame, dad. Nobody wants to buy a pet; they're boring. I'm taking my board down to the pool now. See ya.

Mr. Jack Montgomery --- Mrlegoninja

Mrs. Julia Montgomery --- Dannylonglegs

Jeremy Montgomery --- ADHO15

Mr. Alex Jordan --- Cralegoboy

Mrs. Sarah Jordan --- Brickdoctor

Mr. Winston Robertson --- Rumble Strike

Amber Robertson --- Peanuts

Officer Steven Jackson --- Professor Flitwick

Ashley Baker --- K-nut

Marcus Baker --- CallMePieOrDie

Officer Ryan Hutch --- badboytje88

Mr. James Swanson --- CorneliusMurdock

Robbie Swanson --- Jedi master Brick

Deputy Chief Jackie Scott --- Fugazi

Police Chief Arnold McGovern --- def

CM, Jedi Master Brick, Brickdoctor, and cralegoboy need to confirm still.

Um...what's serious? As far as I can tell, our town's virtually perfect.

Of course something serious! The majestic voice in the sky, Bob, is having us enroll ourselves in some tragic game when we took the census a month ago! How can you not be suspicious? :tongue:

Alex Jordan, checking in! Who needs some accounting done? And where's my darling Sarah? :wub:

Oh Jack. You're so devoted to our pet store it's almost comical. :wub: It's grown to be more than just a "pet project." Hehe I made a pun! :sweet:

I'm ready to roll. I'm on mobile right now and catching up after four days of no Internet, so it might take a day or so to get my sig updated and everything, but I can play if it's okay with the host.

Oh Jack. You're so devoted to our pet store it's almost comical. :wub: It's grown to be more than just a "pet project." Hehe I made a pun! :sweet:

:hmpf:

Ugh! You two are like sooo embarrassing.

(Just getting into character :grin:)

Don't worry, we won't be starting until Mid-Sunday, Eastern Standard Time. As said, each day will last 96 hours. My timer is a person locked in my basement. It's said you can't go 96 hours without water, so when he dies I'll know the chapter is over. :sweet:

(Just getting into character :grin:)

You got a good character, while I have to be all over Flitwick over there. :tongue:

Sign in to follow this