Do you all think the 4x4 crawler will use any of the existing battery boxes, or might we see a new battery box?

I hope so.. I wish they would make a smaller battery box(maybe the size of a 9V battery)... I might consider motorizing something... :sweet:

I hope so.. I wish they would make a smaller battery box(maybe the size of a 9V battery)... I might consider motorizing something... :sweet:

why not make one for yourself :P

why not make one for yourself :P

In that case he can just use the whole plastic body kit from RC cars, instead of weeks of designing LEGO body.

We will have some new information or photos on the Toy Fair in Nurnberg? 01 - 06 february 2012?

Maybe. First photos of Unimog 8110 came from Nuremberg Toy Fair.

Edited by C100m

I wonder if the body will be able to easily be removed as one unit by removing a few pins...? Kind of like an RC car...? I suppose that it would have to be like this in order to access the battery box...?

Doesn't look very good but we need better pics, Im just not sure what to think about the colour sceme and also the front axle is very bulky nearly looks out of place,anyone got more pics from the toy fair?

Edited by davidmull

The colors on the Crawler are a little crazy from that angle. It just doesn't look like a very complete design like we have come to expect from them. Hopefully it will showcase some new parts and techniques at the very least and look better than what we have seen glimpses of so far.

The colour scheme is a bit crazy, but at least it brings new white panels and motors as well. The axles look very sturdy, so I hope it will be ale to crawl on the "rocks" and not to stop on little stones.

I wonder if the body will be able to easily be removed as one unit by removing a few pins...? Kind of like an RC car...? I suppose that it would have to be like this in order to access the battery box...?

Likely it will!

It would make all the sense, also for the competition that TLG seems pretending to release. :thumbup:

hopefully you will beable to buy the motors seperatly because this set just looks to ugly.

hi guys i think i see a new part in the middel on the pic you can see it behind the wheel

and a new part in front of the first motor

Check this youtube video(german) from the Nurmberg toy fair,

Thank you! It looks better in the video than in the pics. I think it will go to my buy list! :thumbup:

Look at Conchas writeup on TB, the picture pretty much confirms the servo medium motor(PF SM-motor).

Also of note, Conchas if logic hold true(regarding a supposed PF L-motor, which it often does) is that the model is only show with one PF reciver, and hence only the motors will have a similar power drain as the m and xl motors(LEGO PF faq, say two XL pr. battery or 1 x Xl + 2 x m)

Edited by jacobkristensen

I think the crawler colors make more sense in the video, but at first it seems more like a clown...

The performance seems nice aswell. Good handling, steering and enough power. This set makes more sense by every bit of information we get. (although i dont know if i will buy it...)

That helicopter, WOW!, that is looking awesome.

I think they managed to implement the real features of helicopter steering as it looks to me...

Can't wait to see more! :thumbup:

Look at Conchas writeup on TB, the picture pretty much confirms the servo medium motor(PF SM-motor).

Also of note, Conchas if logic hold true(regarding a supposed PF L-motor, which it often does) is that the model is only show with one PF reciver, and hence only the motors will have a similar power drain as the m and xl motors(LEGO PF faq, say two XL pr. battery or 1 x Xl + 2 x m)

I might be wrong as a, german reader(or speaker(on TB comment) - I don't understand the language myself, even being danish). Has translated what the pr-guy is say as, that there are two propulsion motors and also 2 steering motors.

But I might hoperfully get to see on the 18/2/2012, doing legoworld 2012 in copenhagen, and one thing for sure i bring a DSLR and spend lots of time inspecting it, and getting details out of it. If it showen to the public:-D

Edited by jacobkristensen