Oky

MOC: Chancellor's Office

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Ah, the chancellor's office! A place where the soon-to-be emperor can have exciting political meetings, fry jedi masters, and appoint his next apprentice!

6148181677_12e0d35543_z.jpg

Many significant events of the Clone Wars took place in this room. Here' the jedi masters' meeting with the chancellor in Attack of the Clones:

6148443040_c6d6d6a5a2_z.jpg

830px-Chancellors_Suite.jpg

6148443052_e8494714e4_z.jpg

FiveFamousJediContinueToFailToDetectTheSith-AotC.jpg

Windu dueling Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith:

6148443070_46cb2a97ba_z.jpg

"UNLIMITED POWWWAAAAH!!!"

6148181669_07e413fc48_z.jpg

I made this bignette as an entry for the 32x32 category of the Order 99 Epic Fails contest on CABG:

Order 66 would have failed epically if Mace Windu would have been wise enough to take the entire Jedi Order with him to arrest Palpatine.

6148443028_d7ac1a393b_z.jpg

This is also where I shot my latest single-pane funny:

6148443082_d930586eda_z.jpg

You can find more pictures in this Brickshelf folder. I hope you like it.

Awesome creation (as usual, though), Oky! :thumbup:

I've always liked your MOCs since they always have what makes a good MOC: just enough details, enough motion, enough of atmosphere. )

I guess it was not intented to be so, but I can't help but think that that red carpet looks like a pool of blood which makes the scene have a creepy feeling.

And I really like the third picture of the MOC where the characters look stunned and frightened with those big eyes! Mundi looks totally insane! :laugh:

The arrest scene is just beautiful. if they did strike him down, perhaps the CIS would've survived after all. :cry_sad:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

A great MOC with some very interesting SNOT techniques! I like the way you've handled the curved wall and the window.

This is the one scene/set from the PT that I've actually considered MOCing myself, and even went so far as to start working things out in LDD. Maybe when I've got my collection back out of storage...

Good job!

Kaitan

This is simply fantastic Oky! I've always wanted to see a Chancellor's Office MOC, and you really did a great rendition of it. I'm lovin' the overall SNOT work, and it it would've been even lovelier if you did the entire room (but that's already asking too much of you :grin:). Thanks for doing this! :thumbup:

This is the one scene/set from the PT that I've actually considered MOCing myself, and even went so far as to start working things out in LDD.

Same here, I also planned to build this one before I went to MOCing hibernation. Oh well, I'll probably take a crack at this also in the future.

Wonderful job Oky this is very atmospheric and very accurate to the scene. It would be nice to see the ROTJ throne room for a comparison (Hint Hint :laugh:).

Nice little touch using a black sabre handle fro Sidious.

This is pure awesome! If only there were red guards in the scene too :)

They where blue at the time weren't they?

This is a great MOC, Oky! :sweet:

The room is simply beautiful and the curves are perfect. Glad I'm inspired you with the curviness-technique I used to the Jedi Council :wink::tongue:

Hey man, you stoled my technique! :laugh::tongue: Just kiddin' :wink:

The only thing I do not think is perfect (except the CW-faces of course..) is the red colour. I think dark red would have been more accurate :wink:

Great work!

Edited by Skrytsson

'Oky' this is totally AWESOME and what's SNOT to love about this one eh ? :laugh:

Just fantastic SNOT work on the floors and window section - a huge :thumbup: - just keep an eye out for Sith Lords......they can pop out of nowhere ! :laugh:

May the Sith Brick be with you ! :vader:

Great MOC, love the colors and the window.

I dont blame Windu, how was he supposed to know how worthless the other three Jedi were going to be? Four should have been plenty.

Ah, the chancellor's office! A place where the soon-to-be emperor can have exciting political meetings, fry jedi masters, and appoint his next apprentice!

:roflmao: Laughed so hard at the jokes.

I think that there should have been a set for Mace vs. Windu. Alas, many great Episode III scenes never got a Lego set (until now). I think that your creation is very well done. Thanks for sharing.

Hello!

That's a simply fantastic scene from the movie! I always enjoy original scenes, and one day we'll be able to make the entire saga with our own scenes. :sweet:

The majesty and elegance provided by our scene is a perfect adaption from the movie. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Superb creation Oky, great use of alternate building techniques to capture Palpatine's office. Is this the first time you've tried out some of these methods?

Thanks, everyone! I'm very glad you like it so much. :classic:

I've always liked your MOCs since they always have what makes a good MOC: just enough details, enough motion, enough of atmosphere. )

I guess it was not intended to be so, but I can't help but think that that red carpet looks like a pool of blood which makes the scene have a creepy feeling.

Thanks! :sweet:

Interesting observation. Good thing I didn't use dark red then. Now that would have really looked like blood! :laugh:

Perhaps it was intended by the movie makers? :look:

it would've been even lovelier if you did the entire room (but that's already asking too much of you :grin:).

Sorry, but yes, that would indeed be asking to much of me as I sadly don't have the required amount of bricks to make the entire room. Besides, I had to stay within the 32x32 limit for the contest.

I'd love to see your rendition of it! :sweet:

This is pure awesome! If only there were red guards in the scene too :)

Well, they're on the side of the room which I didn't make, and I only have one of them anyway. If I had two, I might have included them in that picture.

The only thing I do not think is perfect (except the CW-faces of course..) is the red colour. I think dark red would have been more accurate :wink:

Yeah, if I could I would have used dark red too, but sadly I have hardly any bricks in that color. :sceptic:

AWESOME and what's SNOT to love about this one eh ? :laugh:

I see what you did there. :snicker:

The only thing that bugs me is the window is too tall and 'fat'. but other than that nice work!

I know what you mean about it being too tall. It's another issue of not having the right pieces in the right color. The 1x8 arches probably would have been the right size, but I could only find two of them in gray. :sceptic: I disagree on the "fatness" though. I actually think it's not thick enough. Look at the reference picture; the window looks like it's at least one meter thick!

I think that there should have been a set for Mace vs. Windu.

A what now? *huh*

Is this the first time you've tried out some of these methods?

Indeed it is. I have done SNOT bases before, but this is the largest I have done to date, and this was the first time I stole used Skrytsson's curved wall technique. I think it came out pretty good for my first time using them. :classic:

EDIT: Since none of the other rebel bloggers cared to do so, I'll go ahead and shamelessly blog this myself. :innocent:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Beautiful creation Oky Wan Kenobi! I like the technique used for the circular wall/window. You've done a good job here, considering it is quite a bland and empty room in the films. :thumbup:

Any chance of a "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic you are under arrest, Chancellor." shot? :grin:

Order 66 would have failed epically if Mace Windu would have been wise enough to take the entire Jedi Order with him to arrest Palpatine.

That always bugged me in the films. The temple was filled with Jedi, and he took two practically made of cardboard! :laugh:

I dont blame Windu, how was he supposed to know how worthless the other three Jedi were going to be? Four should have been plenty.

Let's see, a Sith powerful enough to manipulate the Galactic Government into installing him as the Chancellor, granting him emergency powers and going to war? All the while he concealed not only his movements but those of his apprentices from the Jedi Council who lived just down the street from him?

I see your point, no reason to think he might be somewhat powerful in the force...

Edited by kyphur

This ia about as accurate a MOC as I've seen here. Everything but the desk, characters included, are spot on.

Let's a Sith powerful enough to manipulate the Galactic Government into installing him as the Chancellor, granting him emergency powers and going to war? All the while he concealed not only his movements but those of his apprentices from the Jedi Council who lived just down the street from him?

I see your point, no reason to think he might be somewhat powerful in the force...

It was still a 4 vs 1 sword fight, and three were killed immediately. He was good but not better than Mace, so it was pretty pathetic by the other three.

As for how he took power, it's all so illogical that it's best not to think about.

It was still a 4 vs 1 sword fight, and three were killed immediately. He was good but not better than Mace, so it was pretty pathetic by the other three.

As for how he took power, it's all so illogical that it's best not to think about.

To me, there are a lot of logical inconsistencies in SW. :hmpf: Oh well, it's a movie... I guess I can tolerate that for a few hours if it means getting the thrill of SW.