Sign in to follow this  
Jalkow

MOC: The JALKOW collection 2.

indexed.gif B-V-2A to B-V-2D

Hi everybody!

It's been a while since I showed a new MOC, but finally, my latest MOC is nearly finished!

Last year, I made a JALKOW collection, in a sort of homage to John's photostream and his JOHN Collection. I had a big brainwave of furniture, so I decided to present it in the same IKEA-style as he did, but with a more concurrent-twist to it: the JALKOW collection 1. - the concurrent of the JOHN Collection. 'Not expensive, yet not cheap!'

This year, I had another brainwave, with lots of chairs and tables, so here it is: the JALKOW collection 2.!

I give you another series of furniture, presented in our new catalogue, 2011-2012!

6133295529_596aa869c1.jpg 6133871234_91e37579e5.jpg

The left is the frontpage, the right one is a teasing index. Not all the other pages are done yet, but they will be uploaded in the coming days. I'm still busy building and taking pictures. The pages of the first room are done, so below you'll find page 1 & 2 (lounge and livingroom).

6139714198_5390a19c1d.jpg 6139734404_6ca35175b2.jpg

I hope you guys like it! Make sure you check the set on Flickr. As I said, there are eight more pages to come! I'm having a lot of fun building these rooms, so there's a chance we'll get more pages. ;)

Let me know what you think!

AWESOME 'Jalkow' fusing Lego and Ikea together, the furniture is fantastic, actually my favorite thing is small, the knife block, simple yet flaming realistic ! :grin:

I might have a go at furniture designing myself later on......Brick On Design On 'Jalkow' ! :grin:

If only people made real furniture this cool - and out of LEGO - I'd buy :D

Very nicely done - I designs are clever and well built. and fantastically organized into a catalogue :)

Ironically - like LEGO - I think your prices are a bit high. :laugh_hard:

These re some great designs 'Jalkow'. I really like your modern styling, very elegant and an awesome twist for some old parts. I hope to see more from this collection default_classic.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

I love the concept behind this.

Just like IKEA furniture, some assembly is required. I'm surprised you didn't give some of your creations Swedish sounding names.

Hi guys!

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you like it.

After the cover and index and livingroom-page, two more rooms are done!

This time, some more pieces to furniture your bathroom and garden:

6148103554_447091a486.jpg 6147563815_ceb91faed8.jpg

First, the bathroom-collection: red, with some splashes of black and yellow. Some nice cupboards, chandeliers and blowdryers.

As said on the Flickr-page: the pouffe really looks like the one I have. The LEGO-version isn't hollow to hide my laundry though.

6159244632_6bb256eda9.jpg 6158738931_e86ded74b5.jpg

Secondly, the garden! A nice summery picture, with lots of green.

There are still two more pages to come, with more tables, chairs and cupboards.

Thanks for watching, keep bricking!

This looks great. I like the describings.

The teasing index is great!

You have made a very nice work! The presentation is really excellent with this ikea catalogue style!

But it's not just the presentation. The furnitures look great too. It's a good source of inspiration for me, who have some work to make some interiors to my mocs...

Good work, truly! :thumbup:

This is getting better and better. I love the clean style - and your simplest ideas may just be your best, like the toilet brush and dow bowl :)

EDIT: Dow bowl? What on earth is that? DOG bowl. DOG.

Edited by L@go

WOW!!! I love this furniture collection!!! I'd love to see you to open The JALKOW showroom in LEGO too. Lego city need a nice decent furniture showroom like this. :)

Really, really cool stuff. I love the whole take on Ikea and some of the furniture actually looks like something they would sell. Do your designs fall apart like the real Ikea products? Just kidding. Awesome job!