mali

Hello from Croatia

Hello, my name is Dejan, I'm from Zagreb, Croatia. I'm 27 and I work as a 3d modeler and animator for an architectural visualization company. Hopefully this won't be too long to read :look:

I started getting into LEGO again which were my favourite toys while growing up. I still have all my old sets from the early to mid 90's and I started collecting the new minifigures for fun and inspiration.

I discovered the forum through the Classic Pirates blog, as I'm working on a 3d moc and was looking for some inspiration. I'm fairly limited by space and budget and I love creating stuff in 3d, so I started this little moc with the classic pirates theme, but after seeing all the wonderful creations you guys make, I decided to try to make it as big and as epic as I can. I used some LDraw pieces, but I heavily modified them or remodeled from scratch as I wanted to make them look more convincing and real. I used 3ds max which I also use for my work.

I'm wondering in which section I should post it when it's finished so as many people can see it...

I'm attaching a little teaser image, there's a lot more to be done and I need to fix some colours, but I hope you guys will like it.

Unfortunately it will take a lot of time to finish it and especially to render it (I'll make a short fly-through animation)

I'm now struggling to build a cliff surrounding this little bay...

I also did some 3d animation tests for videos I plan to make later, which you can see on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/mali22?blend=22&ob=5

Thanks for looking

malipiratesteaser.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this is what it looks like in max without rendering (many more pieces added, and I know, shameless reusing of Caribbean Clipper :blush: )

malipirateswip.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by mali

I'm digging your teaser photo, hopefully you'll be posting some good stuff in the Pirate forum.

Enjoy the site!

Hi im from Croatia too. :classic:

Hy mali, greetings from Zagreb :-)

Did you model all of your pirate stuff from scratch in max, or did you export them from some Lego program? I am looking into doing some animations myself, so I would appreciate your feedback :-)

Cheers,

Andrija

Thanks for the welcome everyone :classic:

Hy mali, greetings from Zagreb :-)

Did you model all of your pirate stuff from scratch in max, or did you export them from some Lego program? I am looking into doing some animations myself, so I would appreciate your feedback :-)

Cheers,

Andrija

Sorry, I didn't see your post till now.

I didn't create everything from scratch, I exported a lot of stuff from LeoCAD http://www.leocad.org/trac

After that I used those bricks as a guide for dimensions and some of them I had to remodel because they didn't look very good to me :)

LeoCAD actually uses parts from the LDraw library http://www.ldraw.org/

But I find LeoCAD easier to use, its GUI is similar to Max and it's easier to export to obj format.

Which program do you use?

BTW I'm also on Kockice forum, if you haven't seen my post, so we can speak our own language there ;)

Edited by mali