Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

MOC: Si-Ma.K42

6138144825_3c51863153.jpg

The Si-Ma.K 42 class Starfighters are Autonomous sentries deployed both around planetary bodies as well as deep space.

They are capable of laying dormant for years only cycling up to intercept incoming contacts. These Robotic guardians provide a cheap and effective means of providing a scalable protective net around your most precious star clusters.

The Drones can be equipped with a wide assortment of protective measures, from light shells to destroy incoming asteroids to a full squads equipped with Ion Rays to destroy the largest of capital ships.

6138144817_bedfe6eef9_z.jpg

6138144789_792d8056e1_z.jpg

6138144779_56d22393cb_z.jpg

Detailed shots in my Flickr Stream

--

Comments / Criticism / "I don't like what you did there" statements are always welcome.

Another brilliant creation SI, I love the overall alien-like design of this drone starfighter, particularly the excellent use of curved slopes and wedges. The 'stud gaps' at the edges of the curved pieces provide an interesting (and I assume unintentional) detailing that goes well with the side greebles. Great job once again! :thumbup:

Love the texture of all little teeth/gaps on the circular pieces combined with the grill pieces. :thumbup:

Can I just say I love this ship? :wub:

It looks perfect from all angles, one thing I find difficult to acheive in my designs.

Now you make me regret I did not get more sets with those quarter of circle slopes.

Totally AWESOME 'SI-mocs', a wonderful fusion of ideas to creation such a great fighter.....though you forward angled weapons would be blown off by other weapons behind it on the same centre line....just wanted to point that out, besides I :wub: it ! :grin:

Brick On Fight On ! :wink:

Hello!

That's a fantastic design! You have used those big rounded elements and the wedges very clever to create this unique shape! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

The 'stud gaps' at the edges of the curved pieces provide an interesting (and I assume unintentional) detailing that goes well with the side greebles. Great job once again! :thumbup:

Love the texture of all little teeth/gaps on the circular pieces combined with the grill pieces. :thumbup:

Yeah... I confess the stud/teeh gaps were completely unintentional - this is actually quite large, so when I was building it I didn't look too closely at some of the details - more the over all slopes and shapes - it isn't till it's photographed it comes out - and honestly I didn't really notice it till you guys mentioned it. :blush:

BUT NOW that you bring it up NEXT TIME I will definitely try to do it on purpose :grin:

The color combination is just awesome!

It actually turned out a lot better than in my head!

Can I just say I love this ship? :wub:

It looks perfect from all angles, one thing I find difficult to acheive in my designs.

Now you make me regret I did not get more sets with those quarter of circle slopes.

It's not to late bud!

There's plenty of awesome saucers from AC line.

Two brave motherships gave their lives to create this drone. :cry_sad:

Totally AWESOME 'SI-mocs', a wonderful fusion of ideas to creation such a great fighter.....though you forward angled weapons would be blown off by other weapons behind it on the same centre line....just wanted to point that out, besides I :wub: it ! :grin:

Brick On Fight On ! :wink:

Dammit.

Yeah I noticed that after I had taken the pictures and taken everything down... I was hopping no one would notice the the overlap of weapons.

Though Technically I had put in the front prongs more as 'whiskers' sensors... which makes my mistake even worse. :laugh: