comicon

Moc: Coffee Shop (Amsterdam style)

indexed.gif B-OM-4A

So, guys, this is my first LDD MOC (and my first serious MOC over all) so have some patience ;)

I've wanted to make my own modular building for some time now, but my budget doesn't allow for any big purchases. I've had no regards at all to what pieces are available in wich colors since I've no thoughts of buying and building it. Except from this, I've tried my best and would love for some comments!

So, should we have a look?

6136592260_383a8a553d.jpg

This is the outside. As you can see the building consists of three floors and a balcony.

6136592320_4b40f3dec3.jpg

Here's a better view of the balcony from the outside. The roof is made by glass panels, to allow as much light as possible for...

6136045733_b07c82b079.jpg

...this! A greenhouse inside that allows for a multitude of plants to grow and flourish.

6136045809_b44cbe4954.jpg

Here you see the interior on the first floor. Two booths and a ladder to the top floor (barely visible here). The balcony is supposed to be a bit of a "mingling area", so there are three tables for standing and a couple of sunchairs.

6136592756_1059d3b980.jpg

The ground floor is double in size, of course. Here's the bar with a shelf on top and two seats.

6136045879_feb00d09af.jpg

Another view of the ground floor shows tho booths with sofas and a big plant.

6136077825_6f7671412c.jpg

This last picture shows the counter with three extra seats and the stairs to the first floor.

Haha, love the green leaf reference upfront... :laugh:

Very nice and green looking coffee shop 'comicon', are you intending on brick-building this ? :classic:

In any case, the leaf out the front looks like a different kind of leaf ? :devil:

LDD On 'comicon' ! :wink:

Great building - and great choice of colours. As you say, this would probably be impossible to recreate in the colours you've used, but that doesn't stop it from looking good in the screenshots :)

And the leaf is a hilarious touch. Something tells me that Lego won't be picking up your idea and put this particular kind of coffee shop in production in the near future :D

Thanks! I also love the colors - it's so hilariously green! :D

I'm thinking of following the advice from the swedish forum and changing the glass ceiling to this piece:

4447.gif

Then the roof and the front would look a bit smoother, I think.

I'm afraid a lot of these parts might not exist in the colors I've used, so bricking it might be a bigger issue than it seems. And also, as I mentioned, that would be totally out of my budget... :(

I love it its very Green and thats awesome. Like everyone else has said making it in those colors would be hard but what if you got it all in white and carefully paint the bricks with acrylic paint? Just a thought because its really cool and I also love the leaf reference.

Nice work

Charlie

chuckie8646 - That's an idea, but it isn't really Lego then! ;) The point to me is making something despite of the limitations. I'll think of something...

As for the roof, I ended up changing it to this:

6140491493_45779dde10.jpg

Ah yes, I remember seeing those sort of coffee shops in Amsterdam many years ago, not that I attended any of them ever, but I have walked past them.